wind tower wind power Zena System (Japan)

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Christophe

wind tower wind power Zena System (Japan)

by Christophe » 05/01/11, 12:10

Another "new" concept of wind turbine according to Zena: http://www.zenasystem.co.jp/en/wind-tower01.html

1. Wind tower (50m high, 27m in diameter)
2. Impeller
3. Control center
4. Administrative premises
5. Administrative premises
6. Training Center (training center?)
7. Total area: 13,000 m²

Pout....
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 05/01/11, 13:19

I am skeptical given their site, no specific information especially on the difference with other projects !!

By looking more, we guess that they hope to collect the wind which returns and does not leave through valves (solids necessary) which channel the wind towards the turbines on the ground !!

I am skeptical about the real concentration, a factor of 2 or 3 maximum, as for the wind around large buildings.

The mechanical resistance of the tower must be very strong for max winds of 150 to 180Km / h (max in Paris) and more with tornadoes in the USA !!
So it must be as heavy, sturdy and solid as a real skyscraper with the same price.
They do not speak small scale test and therefore it is very risky for an investor !!!!

The price will be much higher than a current functional wind turbine for less real power !!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 05/01/11, 13:32

We're not going to spit on the soup, are we? : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

I would have rather thought of an offshore establishment! But an implantation on moderately wooded site takes place. Who has already flown over such a low altitude area will understand what I mean: there are a lot of thermals on these areas because of the (lower) temperature differential. We are each time very shaken when we cross them in flight ...

As for the probabilities of the cyclone! Are there no insurance against natural elements? If so, it is not a "bad risk"! (lol) It proves that the probabilities of being on the wrong trajectory are neglected amha.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 05/01/11, 13:51

there are a lot of thermals on these expanses because of the temperature differential (lower)

Obamot did not take the time to look carefully at the site in question, poorly presented, it is true, because the air instead of going up in a cyclone, captured by the tower, descends towards the turbines on the ground !!!!

Operating in the opposite direction of the thermal of a chimney is an additional brake !!

Otherwise given the power of cyclones on hot sea, I am convinced of the vortex tower on very hot lake heated by the sun which adds the thermal effects of essential water vapor in cyclones or tornadoes !!
The speed and the power are not max in the center but on the edges of the center !!
One difficulty is that the lake will quickly be empty except for the return of seawater.
These points are not enough discussed !!!
0 x