Example of attempted internet scam

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
bobono
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Example of attempted internet scam

by bobono » 09/12/10, 18:50

I responded to an ad to buy a full truckload of firewood. Before sending me the load here is what this gentleman asked me.

It seems that this type of attempt is quite common on the net.

Hi,
Following our telephone interview, to better clarify, you will go to the post office with the 1500 € and ask to prepare an Urgent Cash Mandate with the shipping costs included at the following address:

REFERENCES FOR THE CASH URGENT MANDATE OF € 1280:

Name: AYADI

First name: NYZAR

the postwoman will give you back a receipt on which appears the information for the withdrawal that you will give to the driver after unloading your order of 50 steres added to the bonus of 5 steres.

NB: during the operation to avoid that we pay additional costs during the withdrawal please do not mention to them that it is for a purchase, you tell them if they ask you that you send money to a friend or a member of your family.
contact me upon your return from the post office to confirm the departure of the truck.
Goods.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/12/10, 18:55

Thanks for the feedback.

a) Well, it's going to be a scam, it's so big that you really have to be stupid to be tricked ...

I love the :

NB: during the operation to avoid that we pay additional costs during the withdrawal please do not mention to them that it is for a purchase, you tell them if they ask you that you send money to a friend or a member of your family.

b) Contact the administrators of the site where there was the advertisement.

I regularly delete some on the PA of the site ...

I fired one, well, no later than today ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 09/12/10, 19:08

There is no shortage of crooks on the net.

Another example: guys who buy cars and offer to pay by Western Union. You receive the money on your account, (it goes very quickly), you deliver the vehicle, but your bank several days later realizes that it does not receive the money from WU and debits your account, legitimately .
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/12/10, 19:10

Anyway it's very simple:

Western union et cie + internet + Classified = 99% chance that it is a scam.

It's not very hard to remember as an equation.
0 x

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"