Mounting 100% pantone on large generator

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
sam17
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sam17 » 17/02/06, 22:05

rezut:
actually, I found your bird drinking system very ingenious! That said, I am more in the perspective where I ultimately want to install all of this on a vehicle, except in this case I prefer to install auxiliary tanks in the trunk of the vehicle with electric pump system and level switches.

The system with mini tank is mainly to simplify my life because I have the part on hand.

mounting spad in itself does not really interest me. For me the goal to achieve is to run this group with fuel and better with recovered vegetable oil and all of this in a way specific to the new level of pollution. Maybe I would do this test but after I managed to run my petrol engine with oil.

Franck49:

actually, if I do my editing with a carburetor, the ldr is cool.

Otherwise concerning the fryer, if it ever happens to you at home, do not especially throw water on it, it almost explodes you in the face!

Cool anyway your find on ebay. That said at 100 euros, the reserve price is not very reached and the age is broken!

As for the type of engine, I actually planted it but it is not a 403 engine !!! It is a frigate engine! I even have the catalog of engine parts with all the exploded views.

Besides if you compare the photo of what the guy is selling with a 403 engine it is not the same model as mine:
take a good look at the carburetor and the manifold, it's not the same. In addition mine is three-phase unlike that sold.

What is interesting however is to know that it dates from 1960!

If not I have just bought me thirty threshing rods of coated brass, I believe that I will attack the bubbler next week.
0 x
--
Patience is a tree whose root is bitter, and whose fruits are very sweet.
sam17
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sam17 » 27/02/06, 22:32

Hello

I have a little tinkering today.

I made myself a bubbler.

here is the shema of principle:

in real it gives this:

As you can see, I did this with two recuperated cans!
One of my objectives is to make possible the construction of the whole system even with very few means.

The bottom box contains the bubbling liquid. The top box retains its bottom which is perforated to let the gases pass.

I applied the principle of the sponge suggested by andre except that I used fiberglass, neutral material and very resistant to temperature (to braze my boxes is better). So, I don't have a drop of water coming out of my bubbler. I did a test with a vacuum cleaner plugged directly into the bubbler outlet, there I have a little siphoned water after a minute or two, that said I should never have as much suction.

Overall these are my first brazed welds and I discovered with joy the ease of implementation of this tool.

Here is a picture of the brothel prevailing on the corner of the workbench where I mounted :)

Here is.
Good I pass to the realization of a small reactor for an engine ... I do not know which yet. Probably the group, but maybe another one that I have on hand.

see you.
0 x
--

Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 28/02/06, 06:18

Hello
For breast welds it's relatively easy, but you heat too much on the rod, it makes a little paste paste has modeled
you have to heat the steel piece just enough and knit the baguette on the hot metal with a certain rate depending on the heat, this gives a fish scale brew,
For the fiberglass I hope you have not taken the thin, pink, for insulation of houses, once soaked with water it crashes.

The best material I've found is the oil filter sponge for domestic heaters
The only drawback in your case when you weld it is flammable at this temperature, but with hot water no problem. There is also the equipment of rotary humidifiers

Other
0 x
sam17
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sam17 » 28/02/06, 08:08

I used glass cloth. It is a material which is used to laminate a boat hull for example.

it looks like that.
0 x
--

Other

by Other » 28/02/06, 17:01

Hello sam
Ok that's good, do not forget to put a small fine mesh so that the small hairs wander everywhere in the piping and reactor, although the engine must be able to gobble up some hairs and digest them.

Andre
0 x
sam17
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sam17 » 01/03/06, 22:48

Thank you for your answers André.

Okay, I set up a reactor today.

I took up the super idea of ​​franck49 to start the gas engine, like that, hop, no more need of fuel at all, especially that on this engine the fuel caused me concern (difficult starting and the engine ended up stalling at the end of a moment for no apparent reason :( ).

There with the gas, no bp, it starts nickel and it goes round as long as there is gas in my bottle.

and seeing the bottle it can turn a long time :)

Otherwise I tried to operate with water doping with my bubbler, heated by exhaust gases. I did not notice any difference in behavior with and without water.

I then replaced the water with alcohol to burn in my bubbler. The disappointment again, no result. The engine runs as long as I let the gas come, as soon as I cut the gas the engine stalls while the alcohol to burn should suffice in principle.

I realize that if I want to be able to analyze the behavior of all this, I will have to quickly install thermocouples all over the place because without measuring the analysis of the operation is frankly delicate.

Tomorrow I will post pictures of my montage with bubbler. It went white, so it's a little scary :)
0 x
--

FRANCK (49)
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by FRANCK (49) » 02/03/06, 11:41

simpa your LPG.

Be careful, even, with your big bottle, I make 190grams and the flow is ridiculous.

on certain engine there is 1 spark at each turn, one at each pmh of the piston thus, if you accumulate too much gas with the admission and that the spark passes by there I do not know what that gives!

a guy exploded his fuel tank like that on a mower but hey it was gas from electrolysis (h2 + o2) unstable.

see here (ouch! poor bubbler!):
http://mowed.free.fr/watercar_fr.html#car

otherwise your engine is running more than idling? is it propane?
0 x
everything is polluted, everything is possible to decontaminate
sam17
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sam17 » 02/03/06, 20:54

In terms of flow, I use a torch pinion which allows me to adjust it with precision.

On this engine, to have the ignition repaired to restart it, it actually produces a spark every pmh. I had some flashbacks when my mixture was too rich but after some adjustments, no bp.

Yes, the no stochiometric report for my gas. He's just flammable, not explosive.

Funny poor bubbler! If it did with mine, it would make a little pomegranate with cans :( no glop!

My engine takes turns without pb. It has a good slow motion what it had never done with its old carburetor, and it goes up in the towers so much that I am afraid to break it by insisting.

As for gas, it is actually propane.
0 x
--

FRANCK (49)
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by FRANCK (49) » 02/03/06, 23:31

slt terrorist :D

have you tried your gas bubbler? without propane supply?

I tried on my pantone but with old gasoline which I had already used in the bubbler for my try of torch.
she was exhausted!

I would try a new one to see.
0 x
everything is polluted, everything is possible to decontaminate
Other

by Other » 03/03/06, 02:21

Hello,
maximum for these 3600 Rpm engines, the lubrication of the wrist is done by bubbling, monitor the oil level often, in pants it will become clean,
for fueled use like Fanck a small carburetor, it is much easier to operate,
Al doping, water is a bubbler or nebulizer but very little if using the same fuel and water reactor, it becomes difficult not to cool it too much.

With a carburetor it works well with pure alcohol, provided you heat the inlet air, or the anteroom after the carburetor
With a mixture of alcohol and water, exceeding 30% it becomes more difficult, at 40% it is very difficult to have power and to keep this for a long period. You need a fairly generous nozzle and the consumption becomes high in volume , enough that in my measurements I wondered if the water brought nothing on the total power except on the cleanliness of the candle, but with a good generator the measurements should be done better than in my assembly with a Dynamo 12 volts and voltemetre and amperemetre.

Andre
0 x