Gas heating

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
titus02
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Gas heating

by titus02 » 08/11/05, 18:42

Hello

I consulted with interest the exchange of ideas about fireplaces and wood burning stoves.
if I understood everything correctly, the simple burning of wood is inefficient because the heat "rises" quickly
in the duct and the fumes still contain combustible elements that are lost.

A "classic" outbreak system, associated with a system similar to gasogens already used during
the last war is it possible? the principle:

Sawdust (or shavings or small logs) is "locked" in a sealed cylinder of
way to "degas" the wood without burning it.
A "classic" outbreak ensures the temperature rise of the system (in addition it is beautiful), once the cylinder
in temperature the gases released are channeled in a burner, located under the cylinder to ensure the
Closed system operation (once the flarewood is exhausted).

this system presents 2 advantages:

-the gases contained in the sawdust are exploited "thoroughly", without immediately getting lost in the duct.
- the sealed cylinder and the hot sawdust it contains provides heating by "radiation", this
Heat is not lost in the duct, with the added heat from the burner.

This system could be adapted in a "classic" fireplace, placed above the fireplace of the
chimney, like a rack.

is it "viable" and efficient in your opinion? this system has little to be already existed?

I have tried desperately to make a diagram, I hope it is understandable.

Thank you for your feedback.

ps: I chose a priori sawdust because it is not expensive (see shipping in sawmills) and allows to
fill the volume of the heating cylinder "to the bottom", without leaving any room for the air which could
the appearance of flames.
0 x
I prefer a stupid who walks than three seated intellectuals (thank you Audiart).
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 23/02/06, 00:01

I "fall" by chance on your post. It's interesting your gas generator system of the last world war, but I see that it did not interest anyone ..

I do not see your diagram, this system would interest me, for example to heat my garage.

A +.
0 x
sam17
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sam17 » 23/02/06, 08:41

at a rather recent time I was interested in everything that involved the forging of metals. On this occasion I became very interested in the problem of making charcoal, which is very expensive in the trade and goes at a frightening speed in a coal forge.

So I came across this site where a guy explains how to make charcoal and the process is very similar to the one you describe:

http://www.twinoaksforge.com/BLADSMITHI ... ARCOAL.htm
0 x
--
Patience is a tree whose root is bitter, and whose fruits are very sweet.