Chevrolet Tahoe, V8 ...

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
nofy
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Maybe finally that damn picture !! ...

by nofy » 14/02/06, 22:15

Good evening everyone,
Indeed, a friend has just shown me, and I can finally explain to you why I am not convinced that putting the reactor across, as on the small plan, is really effective, compared to a reactor placed in parallel.
Well, it was not that complicated : Evil: Hey! even the smileys, he showed me how we do it .... and yes, I didn't know that either !!
Nofy (the big dream)
0 x
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 19/02/06, 18:19

Hi nofy
Explain to me what bothers you about the fact that the reactor is at an angle.
I do not know if you saw the photo in response to your question on my post. In fact on my editing it is not really biased.
Otherwise install the right with two inlet / outlet elbows
Asguard says that you have to increase the size of the exhaust to avoid forcing the gases. So open your exhaust tube. Place the reactor tube with the two elbows and close it all by adding a piece of pipe to increase the diameter. As on Phil70's B14 Truck.
0 x
nofy
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by nofy » 19/02/06, 21:28

Good evening Pitmix,
Yes I saw your answer with the photo, and excuse me, but I surely missed your answer somewhere.
What bothers me, I can't really explain, it is rather a bit as I feel it ... At the start I wanted to avoid the elbows for a more free passage, but over time, I actually say that maybe better elbows than a bias ... It's true that you are straighter, but there are two things that bother me in your editing, without my knowing if I have right or wrong, and as I tell you above, it's how I feel: the first is the whole system that allows you to easily disassemble your rod to see what's going on ... Not quite direct, maybe too much loss in all these "roots" ... and the second is that I find that the stem is perhaps too high, still for this flow story (if the yellow line corresponds well to your assembly), your gases "type" perpendicularly in your reactor and that calls me ... Here, Pit, it's just my idea, it is worth what it is worth.
As far as I'm concerned, I will be absent from next 27 until 19/3, so I could not advance on my Pantone.
Nofy (dream)
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 20/02/06, 00:01

OK well imagine that I asked myself the same questions but I was told that I shouldn't be looking for the operating problem in my reactor itself but rather in what is around. Besides Asguard never said anything about the position of my reactor but rather that the exhaust is restricted just at the manifold outlet so gas heating.
For my part I have a huge doubt on the spraying of water since my first tests with my mini motorcycle. I had tested the bubbler on this one but it only heated to 40 ° C. So I dropped the idea to test the water carb. The fuel in question was a 15 delOrto fuel but it was too large.
I tried again on my car several months ago, a very small bubbler of 0,9l of total capacity. So I could only put 0,5l of water maximum. As it did not work on the car, I gave up before it led me to new complications. I use a coil of too small diameter to heat the water. So the water hardly heated.
I find it hard to drop the water carb because I like its simplicity of operation. In addition it does not take up space. However, making it work requires a certain mastery of the subject or a big stroke of luck. For the moment I have neither.
What I am telling you from the start is to look here and at Quanthomme for the different edits. You will see that what you think of the angle of the reactor in relation to the exhaust or the elbows in inlet and outlet are only details.
As André says 20% savings is water doping. 30% saving is water doping with reactor. I have RAS.
FYI, there are interesting things going around. I found two stainless steel coils which can fit the hair in a bubbler. However, the diam of the pipes is a bit tight (10mm).
Take a look at the photo I put on my post about the engine on a Peugeot Expert TD. Take a look at the elbows in and out. Yet the guy announces results.
0 x

Back to "Water injection in the engines: the assembly and experimentation"