Solution against ants in trees?

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 25/05/10, 12:11

Hello
normally the slaked lime on the trunk of the tree repels insects ...
it is a practical watch that we see a lot in orchards.
0 x
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 25/05/10, 12:42

Bonjour,
lime doesn't work at all for me. The trunk is coated with it but as soon as it has been dry, no more effect.
a + claude
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 25/05/10, 15:16

clasou wrote:Hello,
Bad surprise, I do not know if, it is the acid which produces which would have modified the grip or in which way it have adapted.
But what is certain is that the summit highway has reopened.

For Alain, I found this site this morning and that means good bibitte.

http://www.myrmecofourmis.fr/spip.php?article37

a + claude

Claude

Here in Quebec we call insects (bugs)

To eradicate ants here we use eggshell powder that the ants eat and bring to their queens which also eats them, it destroys their digestive system, which is very effective in destroying a nest and not at all harmful for the plants !
:D
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 25/05/10, 15:27

Quite exactly this link, ants clean and recycle any weak or dead insect.
They are looking for sugar and nectar and meats.
They bring back seeds to the point that we detect the anthill by the number of plants or herbs, identical, which germinate more !!
But they love good light moist soil at the foot of trees or plants in bad ground, move it so much around the roots, that they kill them !!
I experimented involuntarily with two hydrangeas at 1m apart, transplanted identical and one shines and the other has vegetated, diminished and died over several years, because I had put it down, in winter without knowing it , on a nest of ants that cannot be removed, by anything !!!!
Ants resist everything and collectively thwart all traps, labyrinths, harmful or dangerous products !!!
They even have their cemeteries !!
It is necessary to deal with, by deviating them at best with useless holes full of good moist soil to attract them and house them outside the plantations !!.
0 x
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 25/05/10, 16:25

Thank you Alain for the translation.
The ants when it is outside does not bother me more, except that I would have liked to prevent them from going up in the apple tree.

The only thing I think will stop them is water.
there will be some baking pan with the hole in the middle, quite rigid but you have to cut the trunk : Shock:.
It remains to find a kind of flexible gutter.
a + claude
0 x
coucou789456
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by coucou789456 » 25/05/10, 17:52

Hello

an anti-insect trick, for smokers or non-smokers too: soak the cigarette butts in water then use a sprayer to spray the areas to be treated. the reaction to nicotine is totally different between humans and most other species, especially insects, for them it affects their muscular system.

jeff
0 x