water manufacturing

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Misterloxo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Water manufacturing

by Misterloxo » 11/12/04, 13:10

I had seen a report on TV on a village in Chile which harvested water from the mist ...

I will search the internet

Ay! I found that :

Nets to catch the clouds

In Chungungo, there was a lack of water to drink and cultivate; so much that you had to buy water and bring it in by tanker. This village in Chile is located in a very arid desert. But in Chungungo, there is often fog. But fog is water in microscopic droplets floating in the air. In 1992, Canadian scientist Robert Schemenauer and Chilean collaborators developed a technique to collect water from fog. These are nets similar to those used in volleyball. Passing through the cracks, the mist leaves behind droplets, which trickle down into a gutter. This drinking water is then transported to a tank.

Result: water is no longer lacking in Chungungo. Vegetable gardens and orchards have multiplied.

Today, two other countries benefit from this technology. They are Peru and Ecuador.

But also a little more explicit links:

http://www.esj-lille.fr/atelier/js/js00/a4.htm

ou
http://archive.idrc.ca/nayudamma/fogcatc_72f.html

Is that what you were thinking when asking your question?
0 x
Learning disobedience is a long process. It takes a lifetime to reach perfection. "Maurice Rajsfus
To think is to say no. "Alain, philosopher

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "