A mastless roof wind turbine

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Aumicron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

A mastless roof wind turbine

by Aumicron » 27/02/10, 12:21

To discover, Aérocube, a new wind turbine from Aeolta to be fixed without a mast at the top of the roof. Not stupid.

http://energies-renouvelables.consoneo. ... ite-39228/
0 x
To argue.
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

wind turbine

by oli 80 » 27/02/10, 14:22

hello, great this wind turbine, but it must be installed towards the direction of the wind, unless there are reflectors.

I find this subject very interesting, what a pity that no one else seems to be interested in it, I will go up the subject to see
0 x
coucou789456
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by coucou789456 » 27/02/10, 15:15

Hello

This is a good idea, it remains to be seen if the noise of the rotation cannot be heard throughout the house.

Obviously, the shape of the construction "forces" the wind in the desired direction and unless there is a totally crosswind, there will always be a rotation produced regardless of the other wind directions.

moreover, it appears that the part where the active element of the device is located is smaller than the air inlet and therefore acceleration of the air current.

by going to the site, it is clear that the system presents a certain not insignificant interest compared to a conventional wind turbine.

jeff
0 x
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 27/02/10, 15:35

Hello,

The concept is interesting.
But for my part that stops there, because if one makes a calculation of power one sees that the result is weak.
For a 10 ms wind the interception surface being 1 m² the power of the air stream is P = 1/2 d SV * V * V => 600 Watts Betz's law reduces the useful power to 360 Watts and the type of rotor used predicts an efficiency of about 20%.
Without being too pessimistic and suspicious let's say that this set is in the 150 Watts class compared to other descriptions of wind turbines.
It remains to know the selling price which must be quite salty in my opinion for the 150 W produced ......

Obelix
0 x
In medio stat virtus !!
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 27/02/10, 16:15

Interesting but problematic for those who have the ridge of the roof oriented NS like me with a prevailing wind coming from the N (Mistral).
It would take the equivalent fixed on the front.
Possible. Then if it is screwed and can be dismantled, there should be few authorization problems. When I see the number of noisy split air conditioning "cubes" placed on the front ...
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 27/02/10, 18:23

Thank you for your beautiful presentation, Obelix. One of the big problems with green energy is unscrupulous merchants selling low value, high price solutions.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
coucou789456
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by coucou789456 » 01/03/10, 04:54

Hello

small interesting precision of the manufacturer concerning the price of a module installed and ready to operate: 5000 €
and this is only an estimate, he specifies!

in short, a horizontally operating soap, housed in an open, profiled box.

an amateur realization of an identical model should cost much less expensive, especially for a production of the order of 200 W (estimated from the figures provided by the company).

jeff
0 x
tieole
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

bad design

by tieole » 08/03/10, 14:41

What if the wind comes from a direction other than lateral? Really a scheming this wind turbine. Maximum 20W, I do not see more.

I'm not sure the manufacturer is stupid, or you'll be taken for the idiots.

Jay(at)tieole.com
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 08/03/10, 17:13

Indeed, given the advertised price, there is nothing to add.

On the other hand, the idea of ​​fairing a propeller is always interesting, or of placing it intelligently after an obstacle having an interesting shape.

I always wanted to put a wind turbine under the arch of La Défense :-) I had heard at the time that the "tent fabrics" stretched over the base are not there for the good weather: they just avoid to find a tourist on the square below, during a small gust well amplified by the "tunnel" effect :-(
0 x
See you soon !