water properties, general sights and isotopes

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 08/02/10, 23:39

We left this subject aside,

but I only know 2 types of water in a stable state

H2O and ²H2O

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eau_lourde
Heavy water is deuterium oxide (formula: D2O or ²H2O). Chemically, it is identical to normal water (H2O), but the hydrogen atoms of which it is composed are heavy isotopes, deuterium, whose nucleus contains a neutron in addition to the proton present in each hydrogen atom .

There is also semi-heavy water (HDO or H²HO), moreover in natural proportion much larger than heavy water.

Gilbert Newton Lewis in 1933 isolated the first sample of pure heavy water.

Ah well no, there is also H2O2, but it is no longer "water", but hydrogen peroxide http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) is a very pale blue liquid, slightly more viscous than water, that appears colorless in dilute solution. It is a weak acid, has strong oxidizing properties, and is a powerful bleaching agent. It is used as a disinfectant, antiseptic, oxidizer, and in rocketry as a propellant. [2] The oxidizing capacity of hydrogen peroxide is so strong that it is considered a highly reactive oxygen species.

Hydrogen peroxide is naturally produced in organisms as a byproduct of oxygen metabolism. Nearly all living things (specifically, all obligate and optional aerobes) possess enzymes known as peroxidases, which harmlessly and catalytically decompose low concentrations of hydrogen peroxide to water and oxygen.
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
rodibruno
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

MENSAJES Ocultos DEL AGUA

by rodibruno » 09/02/10, 04:29

0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 09/02/10, 14:43

Ah yes, I remember that

Who is willing to do some practical work and reproduce these experiments (very simple, by the way)?
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/02/10, 15:38

Capt_Maloche wrote:We left this subject aside,

but I only know 2 types of water in a stable state

H2O and ²H2O

Jprefere still the D2O rating not you?

But it seems to me that there are other stable isotopes of water in nature ... 4 or 5 if I remember correctly ...

It is obtained by successively electrolyzing water because heavy water does not electrolyse.

Sunday evening on Arte there was a report on this:

In 1934, Norsk Hydro built the first commercial heavy water production facility in Vemork, Norway, with a capacity of 12 tonnes per year. During the Second World War, the Allies decided to destroy the factory in order to prevent Germany from developing nuclear weapons. In 1942, a raid by English paratroopers failed in this mission, their glider crashing near the site. All of its members died in the accident or were killed by the Germans. In February 1943, a group of twelve British agents was parachuted into Norway; the commando manages to disrupt production for two months, by blasting the installations.

On November 16, 1943, the Allies dropped more than four hundred bombs at the production site, prompting the Nazi government to move all production to Germany. On February 20, 1944, Knut Haukelid, a Norwegian supporter, sank the ferry conveying heavy water over Lake Tinn (Tinnsjå in Norwegian). The sabotage cost the lives of fourteen Norwegian civilians; it was proved after the war that the heavy water produced in Norway would not have been sufficient to allow the manufacture of enriched uranium in sufficient quantities for the manufacture of a nuclear weapon. The story served as a common thread in the film The Heroes of Telemark produced in 1965 and interpreted among others by Kirk Douglas.

Speaking of water (not heavy) you saw this:
video: https://www.econologie.com/eau-vibration ... t-133.html
debate: https://www.econologie.com/forums/eau-formes ... t4546.html ?
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 09/02/10, 21:36

Terrible !! and easy to reproduce

It is clear that the surface tensions are there for something, but on this video, it is downright delusional

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq3ZjY0U ... re=related

There's something to have fun with it :D
0 x
Ptilu
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Ptilu » 09/02/10, 22:08

Lu

If I am not mistaken, I believe that we are in the presence of a water-cornflour mixture on a loudspeaker.

It has nothing to do with surface retention, but with the rehological behavior (law of the viscosity of the fluid) of the latter.

In fact, it is re-thickening, this means that the more it is agitated, the more it hardens ... The sound wave passing through modifies its viscosity locally, and these curious patterns appear!

We even observe the reflection of the sound wave, when the experimenter approaches the agitator!

I had just heard of it!
0 x
Flytox

Gillier Pantone and water surface tension

by Flytox » 09/02/10, 23:36

For a Gillier Pantone engine, we can assume that during the few milliseconds of travel between the outlet of the reactor and the combustion chamber of the engine, we are in the presence of a mixture of dry vapor and a few myriads of tiny droplets of 'water. (evaporation is not instantaneous) 8)

Not having the slightest idea of ​​the number and size of these droplets, it would be interesting to find a way to at least change the size of the droplets to find out if this size matters and plays a role in the performance / economy of fuel / pollution.

One of the possible ways would be to modify the surface tension of the water that is introduced into the reactor, knowing that the characteristic size of the water drops depends on the capillary length.

Capillary length = square root of (Surface tension / Density * gravity acceleration)

This can be achieved by adding an emulsifier to water, for example.

Test with Carrouf "Brillant" dishwashing liquid of stated composition: 5% amphoteric surfactants; 15-30% Anionic surfactants; also methylchloroisothiazolinone, benzisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, perfumes.

The dishwashing liquid is diluted to 1% and heated in a saucepan on the stove. As long as the temperature of the pan does not exceed 100 ° (boiling) no problem, evaporation takes place without deposits.

After 100 ° quickly, a small yellowish foam is formed, then it quickly turns black brown before 200 °. So it's not suitable. The reactor walls rise from 300 to 500 ° or more and the water is no longer able to dissolve these deposits afterwards, so the reactor will eventually become clogged with the deposits. : Cry:

It would therefore be necessary to find a product which lowers the surface tension of the water, which can evaporate completely and which of course would degrade during combustion without polluting .... :P

Come on, we need some suggestions !! :P
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132