Against fuel biogas

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
rapheco
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Against fuel biogas

by rapheco » 24/01/10, 17:00

Hello econologist friends,

It's been a long time since I've been here, but here I am, because I have a little problem. Let me explain.

I am currently preparing a debate and am actively seeking reliable information that would allow me to defend the idea that biogas developed in a fuel perspective presents significant problems.

And it is as much on an ecological, economic, process level, or the user. So if any of you have good reasons to move forward and who would abound in this direction, I'm interested!

Another thing, it is very hard to find an updated map of fuel biogas production sites in France. so if you have a link, thank you!

In advance thank you so and very soon I hope.

NB: the debate taking place tomorrow 14 h, if you could help me as soon as possible, I would be triply grateful.
0 x
Raphael Malavieille
Eseco systems
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 24/01/10, 17:34

biogas is a good fuel, but not for vehicles

you have to compress it, and the methane bottle is ten times heavier than the methane you put in it: it gives autonomy as bad as the electric vehicles!

when the biogas is used in stationary gensets it can be left raw with the CO2 it contains: if it wants to compress it for vehicle it must be removed from the CO2 and any corrosive impurity that would ruin the bottles under pressure: explosion. ..

Long live the biogas to replace the fuel in fixed instalation and leave the oil to the vehicles

even if we really wanted to run methane vehicles it is better to compress clean methane and give the biogas to someone who is heating himself with methane
0 x
rapheco
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by rapheco » 24/01/10, 17:57

Thank you Chatelot!

Someone else?
0 x
Raphael Malavieille

Eseco systems