Operation okofen thermostat

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Phil35
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Operation okofen thermostat

by Phil35 » 30/12/09, 11:11

Hello everybody
I have been a satisfied user of an ökofen PES 15 boiler with buffer tank for almost 2 months. Thanks to the exchanges on this forum I notably added a bike counter to measure the amount of pellets consumed. Indeed, as surprising as it may seem given the price of this boiler (9000 euros) this data is not measured.

I am satisfied but I still have a slight concern because my room thermostat, Analog Remote Control (CAD) in ökofen terminology, seems to not work, unless I have understood nothing of its operation : Mrgreen: . Before informing my installer who will certainly turn to the regional technician (given his limited skills on the subject : Cheesy: ) I thought that we might have missed something simple.

So I have a remote regulation in the white box outside the boiler. The connection between the thermostat and the regulator is in accordance with the manual and from the regul I measure the variations in impedance of the thermostat:
1500 ohms off,
2000 ohms on reduced,
2500 ohms on programming,
3000 ohms on normal.
These values ​​varying more or less 35 ohms depending on the position of the dial

On the regulator, in the heating menu, the compensation is set to 1 (which the heating engineer forgot to do, but it is not the first from what I read here) and the hysteresis on 0,5 , XNUMX ° C.

Whatever my actions on the thermostat housing, the boiler does not react. I was hoping at least that turning the thermostat switch off could shut down the boiler ... not even :|

Anyone have a little idea?

Thank you
Philippe.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 02/01/10, 19:15

Well, a little naively perhaps, I would say: normal.

Your room thermostat / remote control acts on the regulation, not on the boiler.

So you have to check if by turning the dial, your regulation modifies or not the starting temperature of the water in the circuit. Normally, this is what happens. And that's the only action it will take. This "shifts" the heating curve.

Ditto for the correction by the room sensor.

If there is enough hot water in your boiler, it will not respond. It will react when the minimum temperature (65 ° C according to the factory setting) is reached. And this point will only be reached a little faster if you have "pushed" the desired temperature up ...

The button changes the operating mode: forced operation (down) or program-dependent operation (up) or stop (middle).

I guess you have white regul, I don't know how it translates on the display in this case. On the TEM, this moves the small line which highlights the symbol which corresponds to the operating mode. So apart from this little moving line, you will not see anything change!
0 x
Did67

Re: Okofen thermostat operation

by Did67 » 02/01/10, 19:22

Phil35 wrote:
I was hoping at least that turning the thermostat switch off could shut down the boiler ... not even: |

I zapped: it can be normal too.

The boiler does not stop like this. It always finishes burning the pellets, according to a fairly long shutdown procedure.

So flip your button to the middle position and wait a quarter of an hour. Come on, half an hour, to be sure. Normally, it should be stopped. It is also necessary to take care that you are not in a situation of preparation of hot water (according to the schedules which you programmed). Otherwise, the heating stop mode does not stop the preparation of hot water (therefore the operation of the boiler for this).
0 x
Phil35
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Phil35 » 07/01/10, 22:03

Thank you Did67 for your response.

Did67 wrote:
So you have to check if by turning the dial, your regulation modifies or not the starting temperature of the water in the circuit. Normally, this is what happens. And that's the only action it will take. This "shifts" the heating curve.

Well, my problem is there. I pass the dial of the remote control from one extreme to the other (by waiting several minutes) without any variation of the flow temperature setpoint by the regul (to the nearest tenth of a degree).

Fortunately, I ended up successfully calibrating my heating curve.
0 x