Modified oil stove in heating vegetable oil

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
bleusideral
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Modified oil stove in heating vegetable oil

by bleusideral » 03/01/10, 11:04

Hello and best wishes in the New Year!

Here, I would like, in the continuation of the studies on the frying oil burner, to propose to modify an oil stove in oil stove!
I firmly believe that this is achievable, at low cost and without too much trouble, knowing that the diffusion part will adapt
the trick would be to preheat, burn and regulate the oil supply
I know that there are some who have made changes to the oil stoves, I would rather make it on a mobile device like the oil stove
the original device sometimes smells bad because of the different quality of oil
I carried out tests by mixing 50% petroleum and 50% oil without changing anything and it doesn't work, even when decreasing to 20%.
I look forward to your opinions, and so start the topic!
thank you all :P

0 x
A gesture more econological econological a gesture and it is the planet that will suffer more!
manoria68
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by manoria68 » 03/01/10, 18:09

Here I am. I am the subject.
I think that breathing the fumes of burnt oil may not be good for your health, but although I think so for oil :D

On the other hand I have absolutely no idea how this stove works, can you explain it to me?
0 x
Manoria 68, fried researcher, technician of its oil mill
bleusideral
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by bleusideral » 03/01/10, 18:36

Hello
The principle is relatively simple
the petroleum fuel is absorbed by the capillarity of the low tank on a higher wick and it is set on fire (in this case an electric igniter) the flame is made through a diffuser consisting of a perforated cylinder and a glass on the periphery as old kerosene lamps
oil, it has difficulty being absorbed by capillarity, especially when cold
for the smells, I don't think that we feel much if there is no unburnt, but that remains to be seen
we could maybe be inspired by justemilieu's kitchen burner, I'm waiting to know what he thinks about it
as for oil, indeed, it's not great sometimes, smells, and I don't know what you breathe when you burn! and oil is expensive too !!
0 x
A gesture more econological econological a gesture and it is the planet that will suffer more!