Emirates: a contract of 20,4 mds USD South Korea.

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Emirates: a contract of 20,4 mds USD South Korea.

by sen-no-sen » 28/12/09, 17:59

AFP source:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gpTlpM1KoQRM7QzjSjHzaIhghaKw

Apparently the Arab Emirates is embarking on nuclear ....

My question is the following: why a country which profits from a desert climate and a record sunning starts nuclear, when for a blow twice less it could meet their need with solar ???

My little finger told me that they would like the bomb, but I'm certainly a bad language ...
0 x
yannko
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by yannko » 28/12/09, 18:18

Well, that's funny, when it comes to megalomaniacs who are producers of this bastard of black liquid, everyone closes their mouths ... No UN sanctions? Where are the USA?

It makes me laugh that Areva has lost the market, well done for their g .... the, and I hope while doing that the CEA will give a negative opinion against the EPR, and that all this shit of construction sites will be abandoned.

Am in bad shape : Evil: .
Last edited by yannko the 28 / 12 / 09, 18: 50, 1 edited once.
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 28/12/09, 18:28

It's a way to get rid of your petro $.

Yasmina the clairvoyant, would she have seen a cloudy sky above the $?

: Cheesy:
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 28/12/09, 18:33

This kind of decision makes me very sorry, why make it simple (solar) when it can be complicated, and expensive ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 28/12/09, 18:40

Hi Yannko,

I agree with you ... But to bring other ideas on the subject ...

This kind of mega-contract does not only involve technical or financial questions, but especially geopolitical issues.

The Emirates are madly friends with the USA (Westing House) and wish to forge links with Asia (Japan Korea, China) in full growth (therefore oil demand), this is why they surely chose this consortium rather than the French and the Collapsing ...

In addition, for the moment EPR is more like a billion-euro gut and a "delay" machine.

Finally, the weakness of the $ was added and it is bad for French industry and employment.

When we know the solar potential of the United Arab Emirates, and if it were not so pathetic, we would laugh at seeing them invest their tens of billions of dollars from petroleum on the Nuke.

Because like hydrocarbons, the nuclear industry is a harmful industry. : Idea:
0 x
yannko
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by yannko » 28/12/09, 19:03

Hi Remundo,

Your analysis is correct (have calmed down :D), I agree with you, all these projects of tens of billions of dollars are above all movements on the international stage.

Finally, given the energy potential of this region and the Persian Gulf, you really have to be crazy not to want energy independence in the long term.

Anyway, it's like using their oil in flame thermal power plants (!) Instead of using more efficient facilities, well no, we prefer to reduce investment, and burn more raw material ( not expensive of course with them).

We won't have to cry in 50 years when they have no more drinking water and resources, just decantation baths for their moldy uranium.
0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."