Why it's cool to heat bubbler water ...

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
bob_isat
Pantone engine Researcher

Why it's cool to heat bubbler water ...

by bob_isat » 25/01/06, 12:12

I do not know if the reason for this phenomenon has already been addressed, probably because the more the air sucked in is heated, the more it has the ability to take water with it.

IF someone understands:

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pression_d ... ns_l.27air

"The saturated vapor pressure of humid air represents the maximum amount of water vapor that air can contain. It increases with temperature. We often talk about the relative humidity of the air: acts of the ratio between the partial vapor pressure and the saturated vapor pressure multiplied by a hundred ":

saturation vapor pressure increases with temperature, does this confirm that the warmer the air the more it has the capacity to take on moisture?
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 25/01/06, 12:34

Affirmative, bob_isat.
0 x
bob_isat

by bob_isat » 25/01/06, 14:24

that's why it's more 'cool' to heat the water ...

More

the formula for relative humidity on Wikipedia:

can explain the interest of the depression in the reactor, and explain why the assemblies with pressurization of the bubbler do not work:

pressurized air is less prone to moisture :P
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 25/01/06, 14:57

I came to the same conclusion

In addition, if the pressure is low (depression in the bubbler), the water begins to boil at a lower temperature, so it evaporates more easily. This is why the bubbler does not need to be heated to 100 °. The 80 ° of the cooling circuit seems to be well suited.
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 25/01/06, 17:47

It seems that the bubbler begins to become effective at 40 °, what I can tell you is that even if it bubbles, the pantone in cold water does not work.
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Why it's cool to heat the bubbler water ...

by Woodcutter » 25/01/06, 18:13

bob_isat wrote:I do not know if the reason for this phenomenon has already been addressed, probably because the more the air sucked in is heated, the more it has the ability to take water with it.

IF someone understands:

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pression_d ... ns_l.27air

"The saturated vapor pressure of humid air represents the maximum amount of water vapor that air can contain. It increases with temperature. We often talk about the relative humidity of the air: acts of the ratio between the partial vapor pressure and the saturated vapor pressure multiplied by a hundred ":

saturation vapor pressure increases with temperature, does this confirm that the warmer the air the more it has the capacity to take on moisture?
Yes, that's why we can see Indiana Jones walking in a very humid atmosphere in the jungle where it must be 35 °, but that André in his winter Quebec is not likely to get there! 8)
0 x
bob_isat

by bob_isat » 26/01/06, 18:52

of aaaacoooord.

But then how can reactors with inlet venturi operate?

They suck in a mist of hot water and cold air. I don't see how this cold air can take on moisture : Shock:

the bubbler is really cool because it heats the intake air of the reactor, which increases its capacity to store water :P
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 26/01/06, 21:05

Hello
This is why we try to heat the air before sucking it in with a water carburetor. Rather than looking at the formulas on the saturated vapor pressure takes a diagram of the humid air you will see it is easier to understand. For a few grams of water in air at 0 ° C we are at 100% relative humidity, while at 30 ° C we turn to 30/40% for the same amount of water suspended in the air .
According to André the reactor operates with air at 15 ° C below the effect is no longer felt. I tried with the ambient air at + 3 ° C and the air heated to 50 ° C I have no difference. So there is something else wrong. The reheating of the bubbler to 40 ° C I tested on my Mini chopper. I felt like the water was not evaporating enough to do anything. Yet the depression in the bubbler was very strong.
The main problem with the water venturi is to obtain a very fine water spray. I am still waiting for my reduced model fuel on order since December 12, 2005. I could see if my house venturi is bad or not.
0 x
Other

by Other » 27/01/06, 03:29

Hello,
I believe that the language I use is not always well received after questions or answers

When I speak of a temperature below 15c it is not cut with a knife, this means that when the downstream engine of air below 15c the effect of the reactor begins to degrade
I'm only talking about the air as the downstream engine, not what comes out of the reactor.
Now when we talk about venturi (all carburetors have a venturi, it is he who makes and regulates the spraying of the carburetor) we should not even use the word venturi it is simply a small carburetor, in carburetors with bushels the narrow passage of the bushel plays the role of a venturi.

In diesel engines with largely dimensioned tubing or large air filter, there is little depression at intermediate speed and in my assemblies in this tubing I install a large venturi,
the term venturi is adequate, its role is a kind of dynamic vacuum cleaner to siphon in the reactor its efficiency is more than double the normal suction which prevails in the tubing. It must be well sized to avoid making a restriction at high speed.
The goal is not to make a great depression, but rather to increase the speed of the fluid in the reactor.

For Pitmix you must learn to operate the reactor without wetting the rod, it is done very quickly, slightly too much water and it does not work, even if you roll in the carpet and the output of the reactor is 180c rod remains wet at the entrance, It is relatively easier to wet the rod than to dry it.
Either you shut off the water completely, or better stop the engine for 15 minutes and leave with very little water you will see the difference.

For bob-isat
When using a small water carburetor, several ways are considered, the water should be hot but not boiling
you can either heat the suction air before the carburetor, or
heat the air and the fine drops of water coming out of the carburetor.
Even if all the compensators are hot, at the outlet of the carburetor there is a heat absorption (in operation with alcohol it means freezing) so it takes heat to compensate for this loss.
It's the same in the bubbler
all the bubbles which escape from the liquid even hot, one evaporates to cool the bubbler, the additional heat is not just for the liquid, but to compensate for this absence of heat.

Test today mild outside temperature -5 exceptional for us. Temperature air inlet into the engine 19c outlet of the reactor from 150c to 170c (I reduced the air inlet of the bubbler hole by 1/4 6,3mm) in order to reduce the amount of water that the engine absorbs .
The engine consumes more than in summer, but I can not put everything on the back of the reactor, driving in the snow, electric heating and defrosting, longer heating period ect ..
We are used to consuming almost double in winter in city driving.

Andre
0 x