About Perfringens, biological information, P Laigret

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
benben
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

About Perfringens, biological information, P Laigret

by benben » 12/10/08, 14:24

Hi everybody

I am coming to bring my little stone to the building. first of all a little doc on the growing conditions of perfringens

https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... 9QdYYI.pdf

it should be noted that each strain of perfringens has its own metabolic pathway and therefore tends according to the conditions of the culture medium towards its multiplication or the production of a toxin whose nature varies according to the strain.

But before you can use this strain you must be able to possess it. For this we can check if it is available from a bank of stock that retains what is not usually done free of charge given the price of the maintenance of a strain (cryogenization and transplanting regularly ...) as well as the license if applicable. It will therefore at least a partner lab to keep the strain after purchase.

Above the link to the catalog of public and private French banks. if ever someone had the courage to see in the hundred or so plugs for banks keeping bacteria if Clostridium perfringens is available.

http://www.brg.prd.fr/brg/pages/les_rg_en_france/rgm_annuaireCollections.php?page=1#/

that is all!
even if I find this project a little crazy !!
@+
0 x
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 13/10/08, 09:38

Hello,
Not in the bank, there is only one Gram positive record and Clostridium perfringens is not there.

I hope that the one in question does not have the "properties of these:
http://www.chu-rouen.fr/ssf/organ/clost ... ngens.html
: Shock:

@+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/12/09, 17:37

Thin I had not seen this topic at the time.

If so bibiphoque it is indeed the "same individual"!

I add a link: http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/msds-ftss/msds37f-fra.php

TECHNICAL SHEET HEALTH AND SAFETY - INFECTIOUS SUBSTANCES
SECTION 1 - INFECTIOUS AGENT

NAME: Clostridium perfringens

SYNONYM OR CROSS REFERENCE: C. welchii, enteritis necroticans.

CHARACTERISTICS: Thick and short gram-positive, non-motile, anaerobic, rarely visible spores, the A2 type produces an enterotoxin.
SECTION II - HEALTH HAZARD ALERT

PATHOGENICITY: Food poisoning (type A); intestinal disorder characterized by sudden colic followed by diarrhea; nausea, vomiting and fever are usually absent; a benign and short-term condition that is rarely fatal; type C strains cause necrotising enteritis; Type A strains also cause wound contamination; traumatic or non-traumatic myonecrosis (gas gangrene); Clostridium cellulitis, intra-abdominal sepsis, gangrenous cholecystitis.

EPIDEMIOLOGY: Very widespread and relatively common in countries where cooking methods favor the multiplication of clostridia.

RANGE OF HOSTS: The human and the animals.

INFECTIOUS DOSE: 105 organisms per gram of food.

MODE OF TRANSMISSION: Ingestion of food contaminated by soil or feces and kept under conditions that allow the multiplication of the microorganism (meats warmed or poorly heated).

INCUBATION PERIOD: From 6 to 24 hours, usually from 10 to 12 hours.

TRANSMISSIBILITY: Not transmitted directly from one person to another.
SECTION III - DISSEMINATION

TANK: Soil, digestive tract of healthy people and animals (cattle, pork, poultry and fish).

ZOONOSIS: None.

VECTORS: None.
SECTION IV - VIABILITY

SENSITIVITY TO MEDICINES: Penicillin is usually the first choice.

DRUG RESISTANCE: Resistance to penicillin, tetracycline, erythromycin, chloramphenicol, metronidazole and clindamycin has been reported.

SUSCEPTIBILITY TO DISINFECTANTS: Spore-forming organisms are relatively resistant; average sensitivity to sodium hypochlorite at 1%; sensitive to strong disinfectants (glutaraldehyde) if exposure is prolonged.

PHYSICAL INACTIVATION: Spore-forming organisms usually resist heat; the spores survive normal cooking temperatures, but are destroyed by moist heat (121 ° C for at least 15 minutes).

SURVIVAL OUTSIDE HOST: Meat - 330 days; spores survive for long periods in the soil.
SECTION V - MEDICAL ASPECTS

MONITORING: Monitor the presence of symptoms; look for the organism or enterotoxin, or both, in the stool.

FIRST AID AND TREATMENT: Replacement of fluids and relief of painful abdominal cramps.

IMMUNIZATION: None.

PROPHYLAXIS: None.
SECTION VI - HAZARDS FOR LABORATORY STAFF

LABORATORY-RELATED OR ACQUIRED INFECTIONS: Cases are rarely reported; 6 case of infections attributable to Clostridium spp.

SOURCES AND SAMPLES: Clinical samples - exudates from wounds, feces.

PRIMARY HAZARDS: Accidental parenteral inoculation, ingestion.

SPECIAL HAZARDS: None.
SECTION VII - RECOMMENDED PRECAUTIONS

CONTAINMENT REQUIREMENTS: 2 Biosafety Level Containment Methods, Materials and Facilities for Work on Clinical Specimens and Crops.

PROTECTIVE CLOTHING: lab coat; gloves, if direct contact with infectious substances is unavoidable.

OTHER PRECAUTIONS: Personal hygiene measures and frequent hand washing.
SECTION VIII - INFORMATION CONCERNING HANDLING

SPILLS: Allow aerosols to settle; wear protective clothing, carefully cover the spilled material with paper towels and apply a suitable disinfectant (strong disinfectant or 1% sodium hypochlorite) from the periphery to the center; leave for a sufficient period of time before cleaning.

DISPOSAL: Decontaminate material before disposal - steam sterilization, chemical disinfection, incineration.

STORAGE: In sealed containers labeled appropriately.
SECTION IX - MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION

Date: January 2000, revised July 2003

Prepared by: Office of Laboratory Safety, PHAC

Although the information, opinions and recommendations contained in this Material Safety Data Sheet are from sources that we believe to be reliable, we are not responsible for their accuracy, completeness, reliability, loss or injury. as a result of the use of the information. As new hazards are frequently discovered, this information may not be up-to-date.
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 11/12/09, 20:39

Yes, yes, it's a pretty crap!

good, just do not put in direct contact and follow a few rules

thanks for the benben links
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."