Outside insulation

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
killkiller
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Outside insulation

by killkiller » 11/11/09, 18:57

I inquired about the exterior insulation, I would like to opt for this type of insulation, but I was told that we could see the location of the insulation panels on the plaster.
The insulation must stop at 15cm from the ground? Does this change the exterior appearance by creating an offset on the ground?
0 x
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Exterior insulation

by aerialcastor » 11/11/09, 22:42

killkiller wrote:I inquired about the exterior insulation, I would like to opt for this type of insulation, but I was told that we could see the location of the insulation panels on the plaster.

Never heard of it. In any case, it is clearly that the facade maker has a bad job. There are lots of achievements in France and especially abroad.

Killkiller wrote:The insulation must stop at 15cm from the ground? Does this change the exterior appearance by creating an offset on the ground?

No, on the contrary, the insulation must go down along the base wall to avoid a thermal bridge. This insulation must be done with a material that supports humidity, therefore PU, PSe or better cork (but €€€).
0 x