The work, a scam for? Doc: Killing of work

philosophical debates and companies.
Aumicron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Aumicron » 02/11/09, 19:05

In the last part of the documentary, it is indicated that when a company has restructured its production lines, the physical effort of a worker could be compared to that of a high level sportsman due to the disappearance of the times of recovery.

Those who castigated the transition to 35 hours in France should ponder this aspect of things.

Unfortunately, on the comparison between the high level sportsman and the worker, one speaker understands that this is unacceptable because of the difference in salary between the two. It seems to me that it is unacceptable that the physical effort d '' a worker approaches that of a top sportsman regardless of salary.
0 x
To argue.
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 03/11/09, 00:31

Lately, I had a day at 12:00 p.m., and I calculated that I had walked 30 to 40 km!
At 50 years : Cheesy: not bad
0 x
netshaman
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by netshaman » 10/11/09, 11:38

I worked in a leclerc and I can tell you that slavery there is not just a sight of the mind!
It's simple: the more you work, the more you get yelled at by the chefs who take pleasure in putting pressure on you just to play the little chefs.
I was working in multimedia and I can assure you that EVERYTHING was done to put me in the way and push me to resign, just to make me crack, like for example having the repair shop hundreds of meters away. department, while it was supposedly planned to have it in the department, and also block the returns of sav: he had squarely given instructions to the reception to block all my returns of sav in order to lengthen the repair time for upset clients and make me wear the hat, but I didn't learn that until much later!
And then I do not speak of the fact as time went by that I was entrusted with subordinate tasks, just to make me crack even faster, but they did not succeed.
Suddenly they changed my radius and put me in the bazaar: what a joy to spend time transporting bags of coal and heavy stuff!
But I didn’t give up, so they fired me!
That day the director told me "I've been in management for over twenty years!"
Ah yes, one day there is one of the little chefs who said like that at a meeting: "we are not in democracy here!" : Shock:
Does that mean everything?
Not to mention the pathetic annual meeting where we are supposed to come to participate in the "leclerc culture": basically it's a kind of party that you are not forced to go but where your presence is highly recommended : Mrgreen:
There you are forced to listen to the boss's uninteresting speech where he boasts and praises the merits of his company and urges us to think "leclerc".
All this makes me think of a sect where the credo is "corporate culture"
No wonder then that I got fired: I don't necessarily fit into the mold with my anticapitalist way of thinking!
Another thing too: I was terrified to see how much waste there was inside: all this food thrown in the trash, I was sick!
Down there we threw the slightest little thing that had been just a scratch and that was considered unsaleable: consumer culture.
What is most striking is that most of the bosses all have this same bleak look and lack of expression as if all human life had left them => this is the thing that struck me the most at this moment the.
I tell you all about it in order to share with you a slice of life and also to say that the fact of having been dismissed, it was the most beautiful thing that happened to me, when I was there I had even suicidal thoughts!
: Shock:
0 x
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by recyclinage » 10/11/09, 14:11

Message deleted by Christine
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 10/11/09, 15:13

Hello netshaman
netshaman wrote:I worked in a leclerc and I can tell you that slavery there is not just a sight of the mind!
It's simple: the more you work, the more you get yelled at by the chefs who take pleasure in putting pressure on you just to play the little chefs.

I know this management system in practice in more and more companies and where I work. The hierarchical / predator with the eye to locate his preys: the type who is hardworking and especially who does not bring it back. This one is entitled to all the annoyances, abuse of power and reflections that he never does enough. The goal is to make him a slave that we walk around and throw away for a yes or a no. It flatters the pride and the feeling of power of the hierarchical (even makes him hard!), And excites the emulation between leaders in their non-verbal language: "Look, you see this one, as I have it in hand!" .

On the other hand, when the employee knows how to be respected, by an imposing physique, a repartee which allows him to put the dots on the i's immediately, a real power with the unions it happens very differently. We can end up with the caricature where certain "untouchable" employees of the same service and carrying out similar work choose what they want to do, the quantity, the quality of their work with ... the approval of their hierarchy.

But the new trend in the recruitment of hierarchies is to favor the hiring of Ennuques trained in instinctive lies to the total lack of scruples and limitless ambition ... There are even some who believe that it is better for the company. : Shock: : Mrgreen:

Not to mention the pathetic annual meeting where we are supposed to come to participate in the "leclerc culture": basically it's a kind of party that you are not forced to go but where your presence is highly recommended : Mrgreen:
There you are forced to listen to the boss's uninteresting speech where he boasts and praises the merits of his company and urges us to think "leclerc".
All this makes me think of a sect where the credo is "corporate culture"

1. We are entitled to the same sad performance, or the different buffoons follow one another on the stage to inject the spirit of the company with indicator forces more or less piped to enhance their lenifying speech ...
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
netshaman
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by netshaman » 11/11/09, 14:28

And the funniest (really) story is that the last time I went there, I saw that nobody was having fun (normal), in fact they were there only for the draw for the trip (each year the management offered a trip), and knowing that everyone was waiting for this draw to get away they took pleasure in dragging the evening : Mrgreen:
And also this day the lol, there were songs of which the one which is called "the work is the health" arf, as by chance it is the only one which was zapped of the repertoire : Mrgreen:
I still laugh because if that is not a sign .... mouarrf!
What a circus anyway!
To return to management, it's been 20 years (sic) that the boss operated like that he told me in his office.
When will they understand that a business is more productive when employees are treated well?
In any case a society which neglects its individuals is destined to disappear, it is the law of evolution, and it is scientifically proven.
These managers are dinosaurs, and like them they are obsolete, we are in the 21st century and applying 19th century methods will not lead to anything except the irreparable demise of what does not fit, moreover it suffices to look around us, and the "crisis" is only the tip of the iceberg: one more leak in the overpressure boiler that we repair with plaster and a patch : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/10/10, 14:43

Copy pasted from: https://www.econologie.com/forums/post181028.html#181028

Christophe wrote:That work is hell in France?

Is that so ? And not with others then?

A) Take the arduousness? Building a wall in Belgium or Germany is just as painful as in France, you have to stop salads, and there, it's even harder because the climate is often harsher ...

B) On the other hand mentally, there may be fundamental problems more specific to France than elsewhere:
a) the crushing of the other systematic at work,
b) stress and the pressure to succeed (without motivation by wages like in UK or the USA),
c) higher social charges than elsewhere: the employee must be more productive than elsewhere to be "remunerable" at the same level.
d) more demand than offer = great pressure tool for those who have a job (if you are not competent, you squirt a lot who would like your place).

Point b) above all is linked to 35h: you have to do in 35h what you did before in 40h ... so I think the 35-hour working week, responsible for French malaise at work, is indirectly responsible for the deadlock situation on pensions. But going back to the 35h ... it would be much worse

As I heard a few days ago on TV: life doesn't start in retirement... many people seem to believe it. If French flourished more in work (and there are some); well he would not see retirement as an outcome ...

See the excellent reports:
a) I have a lot of pain at work
https://www.econologie.com/forums/j-ai-tres- ... t4233.html
b) Killing of work
https://www.econologie.com/forums/le-travail ... t8668.html

C) I also think that the French are very attached to their privileges (there is only to see the young generation who yells well before thinking ... well not all fortunately ...) all court and that the policies made too much social spectacle these last 30 years ... without having the means ... It is not by crushing the companies under the loads that wealth is created ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/12/11, 22:59

It doesn't work out ...

Always more discomfort at work

Mental health problems at work are increasing and affect 20% of employees in the countries of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), announced a report by the organization made public on Monday 12 December.

According to this survey, dubbed "Ill-being at work? Myths and facts about mental health and employment" (read the conclusions of the report), one in five workers suffers from mental disorders, such as depression or anxiety, and many are struggling to get by in the 34 countries of the zone. The OECD states that the proportion of workers exposed to stress or strain at the workplace has increased in all countries in the zone over the past decade.

In addition, notes the organization, "the growing insecurity of jobs and the current increase in pressure at work could lead to worsening mental health problems in the years to come".

LOWER PRODUCTIVITY

The report's authors note that, according to a conservative estimate by the International Labor Organization (ILO), the costs to society of poor mental health for employees (health problems, absenteeism, reduced productivity, etc.) represent 3 at 4% of GDP in the European Union. Out of four workers with a mental disorder, three report a decrease in productivity at work, the proportion being only one in four for workers in good health. Absences are also much more common among people with mental illness, the organization notes.

The OECD also notes that most people with mental disorders work, with employment rates ranging from 55% to 70%, depending on the severity of their disorder. However, almost 50% of people with severe disorders and more than 70% of those with moderate disorders receive no treatment.

The authors of the study therefore recommend intervening at an earlier stage, half of the disorders appearing in adolescence, or even better management of moderate disorders, most countries focusing their health policy " almost exclusively on the treatment of people with serious disorders, such as schizophrenia, which only represent a quarter of patients.

http://www.lemonde.fr/societe/article/2 ... _3224.html
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 13/12/11, 01:22

Farmers too:
Among farmers, suicide rate is three times higher than among managers
http://www.lemonde.fr/societe/article/2 ... id=1266317

Paul François, a peasant from Charente, confronts Monsanto before French justice
http://www.lemonde.fr/planete/article/2 ... _3244.html

11 farmers reduced to zero, eliminated, over 3 km sterilized around the plant to absorb pyralene, as effective as radioactivity:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/dioxine-bo ... 11333.html

Lyon (correspondent) - This is a first in the field of environmental law. Monday, December 12, the 4th civil chamber of the Lyon tribunal de grande instance was to examine the complaint of a Charentais farmer, Paul François, against the agro-chemical giant Monsanto, of which he accuses a herbicide product of being at the origin of his serious health problems.

At Monsanto, nobody wanted to speak before the hearing. Neither the director of external relations nor the lawyer responsible for pleading the case. The American firm, whose French head office is based in Bron (Rhône), near Lyon, was back, waiting for a trial during which the Peasant Confederation had planned a rally in front of the courthouse.

For M.François, 47, a farmer in Bernac, it is the culmination of a long and trying combat. This cereal worker only works part-time, prey to chronic fatigue and persistent headaches. Doctors consider that his central nervous system was affected in case of the inhalation of a powerful weedkiller, Lasso, manufactured by Monsanto.

The accident occurred on April 27, 2004. After treating a corn field, the farmer cleaned a tank, from which gaseous vapors escaped. He fell into a coma and suffered from amnesia. In 2008, the after-effects of his accident were considered an occupational disease by the Charente Social Security Court (TASS). This was confirmed by the Bordeaux Court of Appeal in January 2010. "This product presented a real potential danger. Monsanto cannot say that it did not know", accuses M.François.

TWO TOXIC MOLECULES

"Bringing a liability action against a manufacturer is a first in the agri-food sector", underlines the plaintiff's lawyer, Me François Lafforgue. This belongs to a Parisian firm specializing in public health issues. He defended the victims of asbestos, nuclear tests or the explosion of the AZF factory in Toulouse. "In the present case, it is a question of showing a fault, he says. We consider that the manufacturer did not report the serious risks related to chemical components of the product. "

The Lasso is notably made up of chlorobenzene and alachlor, two toxic molecules. Me Lafforgue notes that the weedkiller was ibanned in Canada since 1985, in Belgium in 1990, in the United Kingdom in 1992. In France, it was only in 2007. According to the lawyer, Monsanto will undoubtedly hide behind the official approval of the State from which its product benefited before its ban, to justify its marketing. But, he notes, "since the Mediator affair, we know that the approvals are not not immune to disinformation from industry ". In his eyes, "the possible failure of the State in no way exonerates the manufacturer of his responsibility".

"PEASANTS ARE DIE IN THEIR CORNER"

Through his case, Paul François wants to draw attention to the state of health of French farmers, many of whom suffer from diseases due to the products they handle, without daring to talk about it. "They ignore their health problems, the bleeding nose, itchy eyes, the headache… They let it go, but chemical poisoning ends up causing serious illness," he says. And to summarize brutally: "Peasants are dying in their corner." The reason for their silence? Farmers allow themselves to be locked in by a feeling of guilt, analyzes Mr. François. According to him, they feel targeted by criticism about the use of products harmful to the environment and health. Suddenly, they do not dare to mention their health problems, for fear of fueling controversy. "They die, and in addition they are accused, he is indignant. They are stigmatized, but the agrochemical companies, they continue to rake in profits!"

Farmers, he argues, are changing their working methods, slowly of course, but with an awareness of the risks to the environment. "There are still mistakes, he admits, just as there are motorists who travel at 250 km / h on the highway. But this is not the majority of cases." Paul François is impatient for justice to be pronounced. “I don't wake up every morning thinking about Monsanto,” he says, “but this trial is an important step, even though the legal process will still take years. I can't wait to go through this ordeal.” And he adds: "As soon as you touch on chemistry, you touch on conflicts of interest and it becomes complicated. I am a simple citizen. I do not represent anything against a power like Monsanto. But justice is there to say. our rights. "
Richard schittly

Beware, in your work, there are still lots of dangerous products authorized, for everyone, even to put on your skin or wash your tiles: ultra-powerful neurotoxic, written: with Marseille soap !!
https://www.econologie.com/forums/paraben-re ... 10817.html
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 13/12/11, 13:24

Christophe wrote:
Point b) above all is linked to 35h: you have to do in 35h what you did before in 40h ... so I think the 35-hour working week, responsible for French malaise at work, is indirectly responsible for the deadlock situation on pensions. But going back to the 35h ... it would be much worse

It seems to me that shooting a red ball over the 35 hours has become more and more common.
However, the problem does not lie in the reduction of working time, but in their implementation.
Do not be fooled, the goal of some is to reinstate the 39 hours / weeks ... work more to earn more, and lose the benefits of the previous system to ultimately gain nothing.

It is quite possible to establish 25 hours / week and provide full employment for everyone, but that would not do the business of some.

dedelco wrote

Farmers too:
Among farmers, suicide rate is three times higher than among managers

It is terrible indeed, even though agriculture should be the most developed sector.
100% organic farming could provide over a million jobs!
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.