Plutonium escapes CEA Cadarache inventory

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 27/10/09, 10:09

Quote:

ASN also asks CEA to specify "the distribution of the subject within the workstations". The most heavily loaded box contained 10 kilos of plutonium dust instead of the 1,8 expected before dismantling began.

But, it is absolutely disgusting in this place! They want it, or what? : Cry:

So where I don't understand anything is radiation protection measures: my duties once brought me to a nuclear chemistry center where products were stored in safes (1m H, 80m wide) 1m apart and where the quantities of fissile material that could be stored were of the order of 20 to 2 grams per box and here we talked about 10 kg of plutonium per box: can we survive that?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 27/10/09, 10:58

it's time to ask questions ... normal that they do what they want, by the way, there is no such thing as an independent nucelar authority? I'm not talking about ASN, but CRIIRAD: does anyone know why they exist and since when?
They were the ones who revealed in 1986 the state's lie about cloud contamination, and we decided to inform the sheep that our parents were, believers in nuclear energy against the background of speeches of independence and race for bomb ... still the old talk.

aumicron, the "exit nuclear" network is the only network, federating more than 800 associations (all the same!) which fights against, with greenpeace and many others besides.

you did not know them?

the debate therefore exists! it has never been so present elsewhere, with all the reports, documents etc ...

I persist in saying that they should go to prison, and that is what is going to happen one day. the description of the unlawful trivializes the unlawful in my opinion; we must therefore remain firm.
0 x
Aumicron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Aumicron » 04/11/09, 14:56

Regarding Cadarache, here is a case that I have been following for a few months and which seems to me to be quite revealing of the difficulties in applying the law when nuclear power is involved.

To summarize, this case concerns the proceedings brought against the nuclear studies center with the aim of seeing him convicted by the wife of an engineer who died in the explosion of a tank during the operations to dismantle a nuclear reactor. experimental. After many twists and turns, the Court of Cassation had ruled in favor of this person and new proceedings could begin at the Aix en Provence Court of Appeal. See La Provence article of 24/08/2009

http://www.laprovence.com/articles/2009 ... leaire.php

Despite the opinion of the Court of Cassation, the Aix-en-Provence Court of Appeal recently declared inadmissible the proceedings it brought against the Center de Cadarache. See La Provence article of 3/11/2009

http://www.laprovence.com/articles/2009 ... arache.php
0 x
To argue.
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 04/11/09, 15:11

this affair dates back 20 years, apparently the widow is finally happy to have heard "yes there were dysfunctions in this affair".

it is clear that the nuclear lobby is a criminal, the law is not applied.

but since 2006 you should know that the power in place has placed this industry in secret defense, opacity is transparency as well.

the state is therefore guilty, in my opinion the initiative comes from this same lobby which exerted pressure to have this law passed in the middle of the night.

which links defense secrecy and therefore artistic vagueness around nuclear power: that only amplified the problem.

however the people demand transparency and truth.

the law passed under cover of military nuclear hides the vices of the industry which resells to the civil.

the double cap, easy ... however, it is undemocratic, and it should be prohibited, just for this principle!

otherwise it is that it is mafia and corruption, we must dare to say it!
0 x
Aumicron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Aumicron » 04/11/09, 16:11

jonule wrote:apparently the widow is finally happy to have heard "yes there was some dysfunction in this matter"

jonule, you should take the time to read the 2 links that I put. This widow is not happy at all. She has been fighting since 1994 against the judicial system and the nuclear lobby, of which she refused money in return for her silence. It seems to me that his approach deserves a little more respect from you.
0 x
To argue.
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 05/11/09, 11:38

uh there is pardon aumicron, of course that I respect his approach;

but for having paid attention to the case 1 or 2 months ago and having already read this article, I know that so far his efforts had never succeeded, and that it is "finally" after 15 years that the justice hear it, after rebounding.

Fifteen years of silence from a justice which has still not completed a file which nevertheless appears clear to it. "It's too long, it's crazy, said Claudette Allègre. But I got used to it, it's not now that I'm going to give up. The worst was the first ten years, with a record of instruction completely blocked ".
[...]
The investigation opened against X the day after the accident ended eleven years later on a dismissal.
[...]
Miraculously, direct quotes from Claudette Allègre and the federal union of nuclear trade unions CFDT were declared admissible by the court, but the Court of Appeal quickly reduced this little victory to nothing. The surprise comes from the Court of Cassation which, last November, gives reason on the whole line to Claudette Allègre.
[...]
Saved by the Court of Cassation, the procedure will return to the Court of Appeal next September 14. More than fifteen years after the fact, we erase everything and start again.

these are fairly long procedures, but the fact that her request is heard is still a victory for her!
and it is in this sense that she is "happy"; I hope you understand.
0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."