Installation of a pico hydroelectric plant at home

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 17/09/09, 13:44

vinio wrote:[...] Bucheron, if you share an Excel file like this it is imperative to put a legend on the definitions of your formulas. What is turbine flow ??
Unless you are a hydraulic engineer, there is little chance that your Excel spreadsheet will be used. : Idea:

In addition, this only applies to a certain type of turbine or all ??
I am not a hydraulic engineer, but a hydrobiologist.

I made this little file for a friend, looking right to left and with my limited knowledge of hydraulics.

Everything in the formulas is explained to understand what it is. It is not an educational document.
If turbine flow doesn't make you think of the amount of liquid going through the turbine, I can't explain it any more, sorry.

Christophe wrote:[...]
For Bucheron .xls, it gives roughly the same thing as the online version ...
With a little more details, but the online version is enough to rough it up.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
vinio
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by vinio » 17/09/09, 15:10

Yes it's true, to look at it more closely, it's even rather understandable. Sorry I was in a bad mood this morning, and you were the one toast : Cheesy:
I get 400 - 500W of electrical power in summer. We can therefore hope for 1KW in spring / winter.
You will have to think of a sand filter, leaves, stones, branches, etc ...
On the other hand if I intend to make turn as electrical material what one turns for a large opulent house, radiators, large hot water tank, freezer 300l, 10 bulbs, washing machine, dishwasher, TV, iron , etc ...
will i need batteries ?????

As for the turbine / alternator / assembly, I have neither the desire nor the time nor the knowledge to tinker with something. I want to buy new stuff and then install it on my site. Of course we will have to calculate to see if it will be profitable soon enough and not in 50 years.
The flow of the stream being particularly small, the installation that will result will be too. And by extension, maintenance not too restrictive.
I think the best thing to do now is to get in touch with a supplier. But there too DUR, because not everyone installs a hydroelectric power plant in their garden or on their balcony.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/09/09, 15:19

Woodcutter wrote:
Christophe wrote:[...]
For Bucheron .xls, it gives roughly the same thing as the online version ...
With a little more details, but the online version is enough to rough it up.

Toutafé but it is only valid for a forced pipe apparently ... Or then must put 0 at the level of the linear pressure drops ... and in this case must put the turbine efficiency at 0.3 max ... this is my case : Cry:
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 17/09/09, 16:17

be careful not to confuse the gross power of the fall and the electric kw at the outlet. For 1 kw gross you will have about 600w electric
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 17/09/09, 21:21

raymon wrote:be careful not to confuse the gross power of the fall and the electric kw at the outlet. For 1 kw gross you will have about 600w electric
This is precisely what my little file is for ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."