Will the H1N1 flu boost teleworking?

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Christophe

Will the H1N1 flu boost teleworking?

by Christophe » 17/08/09, 15:04

An amazing message received from the big boss of ovh, internet host and VOIP telephony recently.

Since 2 weeks, we feel a significant increase in activity regarding the introduction of new phones for some customers. These are often large accounts, administrations and large SMEs / SMIs.

In discussing with these customers it was realized that these companies are preparing for the arrival of the H1N1 virus and anticipates that some employees may be forced to work from home.
With a laptop PC and a "Plug & Phone" telephone, it is possible to create a remote workstation in less than a day. And therefore prevent the virus from offering itself more. We have also noticed that these few (large) clients are also testing remote work through remote workstations, but we do not yet have any conclusions of this type of use.

I never thought to write that thanks to a virus like the H1N1 OVH would have more activity, but obviously thanks to certain functionalities imagined by our teams and put into production like "Plug & Phone" (I receive the phone, I plug in and it works ) suddenly a service has meaning in a specific context. It's impressive but totally unpredictable.
We can only see things.

Regards
Octave

And if it works during the flu, pkoi not after?

I did a little study a long time ago on it: https://www.econologie.com/le-teletravai ... -3786.html
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/09/09, 12:46

Everyone is getting ready, I've made a little news: https://www.econologie.com/grippe-a-et-t ... -4137.html
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 08/09/09, 13:41

Hello
that inspires me another question
what will executives do if there is no more produc in the factories?
and what can a manager do without his secretary? or without his little collaborators?
teleworking locks up people at home and makes them sociable ... like the internet elsewhere!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/09/09, 13:52

Roalala what defeatism and pessimism! There are few employee jobs that can be relocated at home to 100% anyway ...

But 2 to 3 days per week of teleworking would be, in my opinion, a very good ecological-social-efficiency compromise ... with flexibility in the event of "fluff" ...

Quite a lot of tasks carried out by Design Offices are, by definition, relocatable to the home! We relocate a lot of IT services in India ... no?

As for the desocialization: it is 3 years that we work on the internet AND at home, do you think that Christine and I are so associable? : Cheesy:
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 09/09/09, 11:05

Grmmmff? Image
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/09/09, 11:06

Ah yes you're right, it disassociates but apparently it only affects Christine : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 09/09/09, 13:50

hello Christophe and Christine

what will executives do if there is no more produc in the factories?
and what can a manager do without his secretary? or without his little collaborators?

I spoke in the event of a pandemic. A peak of 40% absenteeism in companies is "expected"

Do you think Christine and I are so associative?

no, but there are still people who are immune to the (computer) virus and do not develop confinement

it only affects Christine

there are also breast carriers : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/09/09, 14:00

Pandemic? Yes and? 1 week of absence by patient and not all at the same time: and after?

Let's get back to earth, please.

This is not the plague there but a benign flu for 99% of the population!

: Cheesy: for the rest!
0 x
Christophe

Re: Will H1N1 flu boost telework?

by Christophe » 02/12/19, 13:34

If the flu has not been successful, the December 5 strike will she do it?

https://www.francetvinfo.fr/economie/gr ... 26469.html

(...)
Faced with the strike of December 5, companies will have to come to terms. "In some companies, the possibility of teleworking is included in the collective agreement. If this is not the case in your company, know that a simple agreement in writing, by e-mail, with your employer, is sufficient to work remotely in exceptional circumstances, such as a transport strike, ”reports journalist Margaux Subra-Gomez on the 13 Hours set. She specifies that business leaders cannot refuse this request without reason, they must justify their decision.

7% of French employees practice telecommuting regularly

(...)

7% is way too little! I think 40 to 50% of jobs can be done at home!
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Will H1N1 flu boost telework?

by Janic » 02/12/19, 14:23

This is not the plague there but a benign flu for 99% of the population!
It’s not going to please Pedro, who still believes he’s with the Spanish flu. : Cheesy:
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré