Solar protections that destroy the environment

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Solar protections that destroy the environment

by Lietseu » 31/07/09, 13:29

Seen, last night on "special correspondent" excellent program of fr2 ...

solar products, milk, spray, cream contain environmentally hazardous substances, indeed even 1 / 4 of your favorite cream that gets lost on the surface of the water prevents UV from penetrating the water, and therefore destroys directly or indirectly, corals, and other underwater lives : Shock:

In question, two substances, the first has already been withdrawn from trade, because it was also dangerous for humans, the 4 Aminobenzoic acid (PABA), and the second the Octocrylene (C24 H27 NO2)
still currently used by the company that manufactures all the cream bases, for "big" manufacturers like Nivéa or Loréal (you are well worth that!)
Except this substance would have been analyzed by a biologist-chemist who demonstrated that it would have a huge impact on the hormonal development and deformation of the sexual organs of the mother's children who would have put this cream on her to protect themselves from the sun!

There is an alternative, These are zinc oxide (ZnO) and titanium dioxide (TiO2) that are not dangerous for you and your children (girls in particular ...)

Meow!
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/07/09, 13:30

It's good I never put :)

I do not like the beach anyway!

N / A!
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 31/07/09, 13:34

And if you do not put anything to protect you from the sun, you risk skin cancer, the competent authorities having finally given in to the stagnation and laxity of the solar bench manufacturers who have just been classified as dangerous to health. ...

Meow
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/07/09, 13:38

The sun is made for solar panels, not for the skin!

N / A!

And I say shit to all those who tan on the beaches for hours and hours ... just to "show off" in front of colleagues on their return from vacation!

N / A!

Signed: schtroumph grognon

Without laughing: the sun has always been there, yet skin cancer is increasing, I think ... so don't you think the main factor is not the sun but ... "our" habits?
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 31/07/09, 13:43

Camille42 talked about it this morning, I copy his message:

camille42 wrote:"Undoubtedly, corals are being attacked from all sides: global warming, marine pollution, ocean acidification, human activities ... Even sunscreen is on!

And one more worry for coral reefs, one! As they explain in the journal Environmental Health Perspectives, researchers have confirmed that sunscreen creams used by bathers affect corals. How? These products contain chemicals that filter the so-called ultraviolet so-called in the media as summer vacation approaches.

Certainly, creams protect the fragile skin of bathers, but they can also activate viruses capable of destroying microalgae that live in symbiosis with corals. And if these precious organisms disappear, the corals whiten. A process that can quickly lead to death ... This phenomenon caused by sunscreens has already been mentioned in the past on other forms of aquatic life, especially in Yucatan where the famous cenotes - caves filled with fresh water - attract divers and snorklers from around the world.

Here, biologists wanted to demonstrate the link with coral mortality. They collected coral samples from different regions (Mexico in the Caribbean Sea, Thailand in the Indian Ocean, Egypt in the Red Sea, Indonesia in the Pacific) and placed them in a volume of seawater containing 10 microliters of sunscreen per liter of water. The bleaching appeared in four days following the activation of latent viruses present on the corals!

Looking further into the problem, the Italian Roberto Danovaro, lead author of the study, and his team discovered three chemicals intended to filter UV in these cosmetic products (cinnamate, benzophenone, derivative of camphor) as well as a preservative ( butyl paraben) involved in the release of deadly viruses. Like what, even on an individual scale, our actions can have an influence on the marine environment. How about swapping sunscreen for a good T-shirt when visiting the coral gardens? "

In Mexico, in a natural environment where diving and swimming with dolphins are at the rendezvous, they quarantine sun creams and exchanges against an organic cream that does not have any filters harmful to the aquatic environment.
I thought it was great!
To know that it is not essential to put some cream when you go to the water because 1 / 4 goes into the water, protect yourself once you are on the beach and prefer the t-shirt and the parasol rather that these creams.
Some studies show that UV filters contained in creams are responsible for hormonal modification and risk of malformation in the fetus, more traces of these filters were found in the milk of a mother who had put cream during her pregnancy.

What is hormonal disorder or melanoma chosen?
very difficult choice (irony)
What do you think?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/07/09, 13:50

Missed, where was it?
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 31/07/09, 13:53

0 x
camille42
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by camille42 » 31/07/09, 14:04

thank you christine!
0 x
éconologue I try to max ... she cries, she cries ... the planet!
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/07/09, 14:23

We continue here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/les-coraux ... t8099.html

I lock this subject (it is linked in the other)
0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."