Smart diesel wins what it lacks: horses

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Smart diesel wins what it lacks: horses

by recyclinage » 27/07/09, 11:25

25/07/2009 Smart diesel wins what it needs: horses

The most sober car on the market will become more fun to drive.

Smart Fortwo CDI
With CO2 emissions of only 88 g / km, the Smart diesel is the world champion in CO2 emissions. No other approved car does better. But in everyday traffic, the very limited power of the car encourages unhealthy driving, often accelerating strongly, simply to move at a decent pace. An increase in power is therefore welcome. The small 3-cylinder CDI is now 21% more powerful, its torque also increases by 18%. With 54 hp and 130 Nm of torque however, the Smart diesel will not beat any acceleration record, and it will never be a beast of highway, but here it is finally versatile.

Smart Fortwo CDI
Consumption remains what it is: 3,4 l / 100 km. Subsequently notable development in terms of anti-pollution standards. The Smart was only compatible with the Euro 4 antipollution standard, it now passes Euro 5. And the particulate filter is finally fitted as standard. It should also be noted that all Smart cars will be Euro 5 approved from October. The fact remains that the Smart CDI is no longer the champion it was, since the appearance of the Prius 3, which emits only 89 g / km of CO2. A small gram of difference, while the Japanese is a 5-seater. We can bet on the imminent arrival of a Stop & Start system, as on the Smart gasoline, to reposition this version.

engines nature news source
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 27/07/09, 12:02

For information and "enrichment" of the debate, I recall a possible option (the one I took): buy a little crap like C1 gasoline version = low-end sold off at the moment (no ads for this model - there are plenty equivalents) and convert it to LPG.

Cost of the 4-seater car: around € 8 (including transformation)
CO² emission: approximately 95 g (90% of the theoretical 106 g in petrol version); not far from the Prius (for 3 times cheaper)
CO emission: 10 times less than the petrol version (also about 10 times less compared to the Prius)
Nox emission: roughly, half less than the essences (therefore also half less than the Prius)
Particulate emissions: almost none (infinitely less than equivalent Diesels - which can be less emitting CO² if necessary; but on small toilets, are rarely equipped with FAP or so it pays for cash! See Smart.)

Here, I give that to reflection ... My choice is made: it's ordered!

Some info here: http://www.gpldistribution.com/ecologie.php
("pro GPL" site, obviously)
0 x
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by recyclinage » 27/07/09, 12:09

then

for urban rider

these small vehicles are designed as go-karts that are much more manageable when driving and have a lot more feel

in urban areas the max is 90 km (in Belgium)

good little cross better grip on the tires

in short a driving treat

take care on the highway these models are much more reactive and are not recommended for people used to driving barges
0 x
simseb
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by simseb » 27/07/09, 13:48

Did67 wrote:For information and "enrichment" of the debate, I recall a possible option (the one I took): buy a little crap like C1 gasoline version = low-end sold off at the moment (no ads for this model - there are plenty equivalents) and convert it to LPG.

Cost of the 4-seater car: around € 8 (including transformation)
CO² emission: approximately 95 g (90% of the theoretical 106 g in petrol version); not far from the Prius (for 3 times cheaper)
CO emission: 10 times less than the petrol version (also about 10 times less compared to the Prius)
Nox emission: roughly, half less than the essences (therefore also half less than the Prius)
Particulate emissions: almost none (infinitely less than equivalent Diesels - which can be less emitting CO² if necessary; but on small toilets, are rarely equipped with FAP or so it pays for cash! See Smart.)

Here, I give that to reflection ... My choice is made: it's ordered!

Some info here: http://www.gpldistribution.com/ecologie.php
("pro GPL" site, obviously)

To death the ad on the forums!

: Evil:
0 x
gaston13
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by gaston13 » 27/07/09, 14:12

otherwise for 2500 € we have this (it's just an example, I am neither know the seller): http://www.leboncoin.fr/vi/54445374.htm?ca=21_s

I managed to go down to 3 liters 5 with my 1.5 diesel sax

3 places more than the smart

€ 10.000 less

less connected, of course ...
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 27/07/09, 14:34

gaston13 wrote:otherwise for 2500 € we have that (diesel sax on the right corner)
I managed to go down to 3 liters 5 with my 1.5 diesel sax
3 places more than the smart
€ 10.000 less
less connected, of course ...
More connected. :?: I have. : Lol:
My 106 Electric. 8)
Mine came back to the budget of the sax above and in current use I am at 2.65 € / km or the equivalent of 2.5L of GO / 100km. Less noise and pollution (and many other things better).
It would surprise me that you consume 3.5l per 100km with a sax on my peri-urban journeys ...
Since I no longer use my LPG saffron to go to work but only on weekends, my consumption has dropped by 20%.
: Mrgreen:
0 x
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by recyclinage » 27/07/09, 16:44

go while we're talking about high caliber mobility
in my garage I have, ...

a pair of salomon put away on the shelf and they are drying because it is raining sheep that makes ropes
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 27/07/09, 18:10

1 ° Sorry for the ad. But I made it clear that there are plenty of other models that are in equivalent price and pollution ranges. I studied this model - and a few others before deciding ...

2) Agree for good occasions. But the angle of reflection was pollution. I also drove for a few years with an AX with the small Diesel of 1.5 l ... Question pollution (in particular particles), it was all the same something else ...

With the "good opportunity", we are rather in the optimization of the quality / price ratio. Which is commendable, but was not the real debate here (or at least I understood it to be centered on "low emission" cars - see the two models mentioned before my intervention).

There are a few "good opportunities" - not everyone will find them. But a "good solution", to be effective, must also be, as far as possible, generalizable to the greatest number ...

Ditto for Citro. Excellent solution. I did not trust the sbatteries (wrongly according to an exchange that we had elsewhere). That said, not everyone will find a used 106 electric (given the number that has been sold in all!). So for me, very excellent solution (better than the one I suggest) but not reproducible on a significant scale ... (mine - GPL - is not generalizable to all either; but is still much more) ...
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 27/07/09, 18:20

C1

No towing hook,

to go to the recycling center ...

: Mrgreen:
0 x
gaston13
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by gaston13 » 27/07/09, 18:22

Did67 wrote:
2) Agree for good occasions. But the angle of reflection was pollution. I also drove for a few years with an AX with the small Diesel of 1.5 l ... Question pollution (in particular particles), it was all the same something else ...

Do you have figures to back up your words?
0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."