Reliability: small electric lamp with manual recharge

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
delnoram

by delnoram » 17/07/09, 20:21

I have dismantled some crank lamps and some of them are fitted with 2032 type lithium batteries which unfortunately have a particularly short lifespan.
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 17/07/09, 20:50

Ditto for me with a lamp that is also a radio. It is enough that the radio starts and hop it is empty. And in deep discharge it doesn't hold anything anymore ...

Otherwise I have 2 basics that hold better. During the first use I did a full charge by playing the crank for 10 minutes.

When camping, I have a bored person do it again, except that a brutality broke my crank, which I had to stick together.

I think that a simple electrochemical capacitor would be more efficient than batteries which in the end no longer hold a charge, right?
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
delnoram

by delnoram » 17/07/09, 22:06

The cranks often break, especially if you are trying to turn faster than 100 rpm.

For the capacitors, those for backup memory type "Gold Cap" are clearly preferable to electrochemical current issue size / capacity, but also for the incomparable lifespan compared to lithium batteries.

Only risk, overheating, but without comparisons with that of lithium : Cheesy:
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"

"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Corpse Grinder 666
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Corpse Grinder 666 » 17/07/09, 22:10

Isn't it better a simple lamp with lithium battery and luxury bulb which is used by the police?
example: Image

(moderation by ex-océano 17/07/09 22:35)
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 18/07/09, 00:06

I have a crank model which worked "fine" at the very beginning. (despite a much lower autonomy than announced in the manual ...)
Now, you have to start systematically by giving a crank and it seems to me that the warmer it gets the faster it loses the load (not even 1 day).
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 18/07/09, 01:04

I have a model at the condo and loading by "handjob"! : Mrgreen:

Purchased on econo I think, or on a link hosted by econo, (4 years ago soon ...) and it still works, even the one I never use! (but it takes time to "wake her up" ...)
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Did67

by Did67 » 18/07/09, 10:39

delnoram wrote:.... especially if we are trying to turn faster than 100 rpm.
:

I don't think it's a good idea at all to try to shoot fast. On the contrary, turn slowly. Otherwise, the intensity of the current produced by the dynamo may be too strong for the circuits and the battery ... I think.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/07/09, 10:46

Woodcutter wrote:I have a model at the condo and loading by "handjob"! : Mrgreen:

Purchased on econo I think, or on a link hosted by econo, (4 years ago soon ...) and it still works, even the one I never use! (but it takes time to "wake her up" ...)

Yes, good memory Bucheron: it was a partnership, we did not yet have the shop at that time.

By cons my parents had bought one too but ... it does not work (at all) ... You have to wake it up?

How long?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/07/09, 10:48

delnoram wrote:I have dismantled some crank lamps and some of them are fitted with 2032 type lithium batteries which unfortunately have a particularly short lifespan.

Uh all the one that I took apart (that we sell or sell) was in NiCd or NiMh.

Putting lithium in a dynamo lamp isn't that a bit silly? Cf: https://www.econologie.com/forums/recharge-n ... t7962.html
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 18/07/09, 14:15

Christophe wrote:[...]How long?
About 2 minutes ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."