Water doping plan Beetle

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
Adrien
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Adrien » 20/11/04, 23:26

No worries, I finished just now my engine, I'll start editing next week (I have to complete my plan before! And as I know the exact dimensions because I'm going to 4 reactors, and I get different parts ...)

Adrien
0 x
"A man who knows how to make himself happy with a simple illusion is infinitely smarter than one who is in despair with reality." Alphonse Allais
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/11/04, 10:48

A few comments :

1) pkoi do you do a stitching on the exhaust? Especially if you do 4 reactors ... you will never have enough calories ... So get 100% of the exhaust

2) pkoi you've quadrupled the different pipes? I imagine it is for 4 cylinders but the representation is weird ...

3) put the reactor BEFORE heating the bubbler it must More bcp ° C bubbler reactor at ...

4) It's a driving force of what? Diane? Visa?
0 x
Adrien
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Adrien » 21/11/04, 18:45

1) pkoi do you do a stitching on the exhaust? Especially if you do 4 reactors ... you will never have enough calories ... So get 100% of the exhaust

in fact I thought it would be easier to achieve, but in the end made the move 100%

2) pkoi you've quadrupled the different pipes? I imagine it is for 4 cylinders but the representation is weird ...

Indeed it is for the various cylinders

3) put the reactor BEFORE heating the bubbler it must More bcp ° C bubbler reactor at ...

it is already like that

4) It's a driving force of what? Diane? Visa?

It is a 4 Ladybug flat cylinders, that's why I put 4 reactors, because at no time all gasses are in one pipe, so if I put one reactor it will heat than a single cylinder, which 400cc, I do not think it's enough.

I did this yesterday:

Why in made after verification, depression is big enough even at low rpm, so no need to push the exhaust gasses with.
By cons I do not know if I have to 1 or 2 piquague at admission:

1 quilting:

2 tappings:

But if you think it may be enough with only one or two reactors, it would be easier to start with that, and ultimately I can add others over time ... From what I have read on As man, mounting that Mr. Pantone sells for Mexican taxi (same engine as me) uses the heat of a single cylinder.

Adrien
0 x
"A man who knows how to make himself happy with a simple illusion is infinitely smarter than one who is in despair with reality." Alphonse Allais
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/11/04, 19:49

I did not know that the beetle was equipped air-cooled engine ... good move!

To the question of 4 or 2 reactors I think this is according to the place that you ... knowing that 4 ca dual hose so the losses and I advocate to 1 30 50 reactor Cv (obviously nothing certain the inside ... you have to test and see) ... So I will look for personal 2 reactor.

For the injection the 2ieme quilting seems to me better :D for better distribution and less thermal losses admitting that the original carburetor engine is at the center that appears to be the case ...

Them ... Are you ready to be a 100% Pantone after testing in doping?
0 x
krissg29
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by krissg29 » 21/11/04, 20:56

Adrien:

having tested, on a cox, an exhaust that had 2 quiet enough close to the 2 and 4 cylinders (like your 2 and 4 reactors), I do not recommend it. The 2 engines where I mounted this exhaust superheated (and broken) on the cylinder No. 2.

For econology:

I'm trying a 100% pantone a cox
for now I'm caught me on the nozzle of the original carburetor for the gas supply and it does not work
I'll redo the connections to take me under the carb
in fact I am trying to copy the installation pantone on Mexican cox
I'll do a report later

a+
christophe
0 x
It should not be confused and ingenious engineer
Adrien
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Adrien » 22/11/04, 12:37

The engine in question must be around 50Cv, so I think 4 reactors effectively be useless ...

It is better that I put a bubbler or two?

I also think that to 2 taps is more appropriate, but I'm afraid it is more difficult to adjust?

I thought try to lower the wealth of gasoline / air mixture (carburetor) maximum, and why not add anything other than simply water in the bubbler ... To see ... well in setting the choke I think that there is something to do.

Christophe (krissg29) You think I should install the reactors to the engine or on the sides?

That issue up no worries ... I even have a beautiful location for a second battery, which I think put the bubbler.

Adrien
0 x
Adrien
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Adrien » 22/11/04, 14:26

It gives that:

with that as the exhaust:

The trouble is that I have that exhaust and it costs more 1000fr :o
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/11/04, 20:01

Adrian wrote:The engine in question must be around 50Cv, so I think 4 reactors effectively be useless ...

It is better that I put a bubbler or two?

I also think that to 2 taps is more appropriate, but I'm afraid it is more difficult to adjust?

I thought try to lower the wealth of gasoline / air mixture (carburetor) maximum, and why not add anything other than simply water in the bubbler ... To see ... well in setting the choke I think that there is something to do.

Christophe (krissg29) You think I should install the reactors to the engine or on the sides?

That issue up no worries ... I even have a beautiful location for a second battery, which I think put the bubbler.

Adrien

A single bubbler will go .. well centered as ca the pressure drops are the same for the 2 reactor and thermal loss are less important than with 2 bubbler ...

For setting if you have all the ducts of the same size no problem: a control valve in amon / downstream of the bubbler enough.

Otherwise your place I would have quadn even pass the exhaust 2 other cylinder in reactors ...

For kriss: what does not work? Not enough depression in bubbler?
0 x
Adrien
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Adrien » 22/11/04, 21:03

It may not be easy to achieve to pass the gasses of the other two cylinders in reactors ... We'll have to enlarge all ducts, etc ... I think I already try that way, then I would see. BTW .. I have decided me to the muffler!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/11/04, 21:18

ok for the pot I can not help you too ... I know ... and quedale pkoi not a free exhaust? ANY WAY YOU WILL NOT ACT !! :D
0 x