New Obs: the lifestyle of the elected, the privileged?

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 20/06/09, 12:37

Attention Nymette, nobody confuses and the repeated abuses of the dwarf bling bling disgust everyone.

Now, our governments have been giving us speeches based on everyone's efforts, debt, etc. for years, while eating at the expense of the taxpayer.

Like our "dear" (to be taken in the first sense of the term : Mrgreen: ) hyper-president is even worse than the others and that he considers that nothing is good enough for him, it is not really astonishing to see that he pumps in the box even more than the others.

As for these expenses, even if they shock in these times of layoffs, partial unemployment and bankruptcies, they seem very paltry compared to the billions of euros given to bankers to mop up their bullshit and allow them to start again.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Nymette
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

do small streams no longer make big rivers?

by Nymette » 21/06/09, 08:41

certainly

However subject of reflection:

Shouldn't a state lead by example?
example of waste
"with EDF subscribers save and you will be good citizens: remember to turn off the night lights of your devices -tv etc- at night"
Small night stroll in a small town: monuments illuminated when everyone is asleep, tax hotel illuminated and spotlights on, social security illuminated like a Christmas evening etc "

If we reason by accepting their abuses by saying "but there is much worse" we play their game
We have to start unraveling all this mess at one end.
(the little bit is a good start)

The problem is, we've all been conditioned to reassure ourselves by saying "well, after all there are worse"

The problem of the banks and their bailout is a big piece: a huge one: we should remember that money did not arrive until just 2OO years BC as currency.

Since the values ​​have been distorted, and quite simply I would say that money does not grow at the feet of trees and if there is nothing to buy, it no longer represents anything ... Humanity, mutual aid are real and constant values. Ecology also, alas, unfortunately with a tgv delay.

All this will not last long, it would have to be realized and accepted: money and power are rotting our lives.

Try to imagine the following utopia: no money: amazing if your imagination goes to the end of this abstraction ....

Our children and grandchildren will pay for the delusional functioning of the world money printing machine .... Are we sure they will accept? and if not ... which society to imagine for tomorrow?

The dwarf as you say, we prepared his golden throne for him ourselves and here we are back in times of dime, pruning and gabelle

To return to the subject of this year's BAC philosophy: I would say: "let's be realistic and ask for the impossible" ... There are utopias much more realistic than economic management when the earth is exhausted!

I remember the subject of philosophy when I passed my baccalaureate (it was not yesterday ...) "is progress a progress"?

: Mrgreen:
0 x