Pantone engine Opel Corsa 1000

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
muzo_31
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by muzo_31 » 09/12/05, 10:44

As I take the train running (I tend to navigate interressed and especially follow the modifications on diesel) I do not understand how your original calculo will control your second injection ramp.
as you lose synchronism with the spark (your second ramp has its injectors in the mixing chamber before the reactor), do you think it will work as well?
I understand that you want to change the impulses to adapt to the new fuel (more energy). Your results will be interesting.

Otherwise, for the kerosene, I confirm the best viscosity. In the fall, it was better than the diesel to fluidize used cooking oil.

I'm starting to look at the ads to buy a small gasoline for small trips and tinkering with something similar : Twisted: but I have not decided yet whether to take an injection or an old carburetor. the injection is indeed easy to neutralize, but those carbu have less gadgets and probes that can generate the changes.
0 x
do you drive
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by do you drive » 09/12/05, 18:51

Hi Muzo,
the injectors of origin are three in number.
The 12 volts is permanently on the injectors and it is by pulses of grounding that the computer controls them.
I intend to connect the secondary ramp with the same signal as that of the original ramp that comes from the computer.
My electronic editing just serves to avoid toasting the output of the calculator much like a relay, but reproduces exactly the copy of the original signal.
A switch will move from one ramp to another.
The calculator will not even notice it.
If the calculator sees thanks to the lambda probe of the pot that the mixture is for example too poor, it lengthens the pulses and enriches the mixture. As on my secondary ramp there is 4 injectors, I can also play on the number in operation.
All this is theory, but I worked 10 years in the field of automotive injections and ignitions.It's just the motivation of the students that made me pass the hand to a young colleague who is more motivated to waste time in the pedagogy of nothing to fuck but always cause you to interest me ...
Finally it's another story.
The base not to lose is the original impulse.
And it is she who must be reproduced and if necessary lengthened or not.
We'll know soon if it works. (2 or 3 weeks)
Yours,
Last edited by do you drive the 09 / 12 / 05, 23: 10, 1 edited once.
0 x
Patrick Guidi
www.pfgtechnologie.be
muzo_31
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by muzo_31 » 09/12/05, 20:41

Argrr, this teacher story is already heard :x I have a lot of childhood friends who are teachers. I sometimes want their work pace, but passionate about my job, I know I would be unhappy to exhaust myself in front of a herd of I do not care ...

Your order "low side" is an excellent choice: the mosfet N is a brave animal, friends of those who want to go to the efficient is the performant. by chance (or made for?) the injectors coils seem totally isolated.

I will carefully follow your experiences because they appeal to me to the highest degree. Do not forget to add the soupson of water that will help the combustion (a pentone without water is no longer a pantone;)) From what I read, it is necessary to provide all the water + that the fuel is heavy.

Good luck ! and if I can help you ....
0 x
do you drive
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by do you drive » 13/12/05, 11:21

Hello everybody
here is the electrical / electronic diagram of the assembly:
A +
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/12/05, 11:58

Excellent work !

Since we live at 20 km we would have to spend a little afternoon tips together! What do you think Guidi?

ps: I put this topic in Normal instead of Post-it because the Post-it do not appear in the TOP10 of the last subject on the site.
0 x
muzo_31
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by muzo_31 » 13/12/05, 15:13

Some comments on the schema submitted:

the IRF530 is not an NPN, but a power N channel mosfet (;))
it must miss the representation of a freewheeling diode on the original injector.
The modification of the impulses (we had talked about possibly tinkering with their duration) is not represented.

I think DZ does not serve. The presence of DRL prevents overvoltages. Optionally, to improve the robustness, a zener could be put between grid (K) and drain of Tr2. its power is less since it would act on the command.

I would have put R2 between A2-11 and not A2-14 (what happens while we maneuver the inter?)

Finally, pay attention to the control of Tr1 continuously, I would have added an RC circuit somewhere to prevent the case of the permanent spraying. double security in case.

Mechanical aspet: the 4 secondary injectors are activated simultaneously. the pump must have a lot of flow, and are not you afraid that the jerky diet has a bad impact on the engine (cyclinders fatter than others?) Maybe it is enough for the first tests, before multiplying control circuits ...
if it helps you ...
0 x
do you drive
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by do you drive » 14/12/05, 00:04

Hello everybody
thanks to Muzo for his advice.
We never said so.

I do not think there is a DRL on the original injectors.
At the tilt we have a reverse voltage of 60 - 70 volts.
I put a DRL to see: the reverse voltage was of course removed but the engine turned less well.
No doubt that the cut of the injectors is less frank with.

The flow rate of the pump on a petrol injection engine is expected 10 times higher than max. that the engine can consume to avoid pressure drops during injection. The capacity of the ramp is also provided to compensate for this effect. I hope everything will be fine like this (fingers crossed).

For the DZ, you're right but as the DRL may not stay ...

On the other hand in operation of the original injectors I wonder if TR1 will not let go.If you have an idea ...
Can be put a P-channel Mosfet and transfer the BD135 which is only to reverse the signal. It would be even simpler.

For R2, explain your thought please.

The assembly works well on the Pantone ramp (see tests below), but if it is the original TR1 ramp (that I have not tried).

A +

Ps: For econology, it's when you want depending on availability. Friday afternoon ?
Last edited by do you drive the 14 / 12 / 05, 00: 17, 5 edited once.
0 x
do you drive
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by do you drive » 14/12/05, 00:05

Injectors are now on the ramp
0 x
muzo_31
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by muzo_31 » 14/12/05, 12:20

Guidi

Your overvoltage measurement on the original control stage is important. Under these conditions, it is sure that you will vaporize TR1 at the first impulse. :?

Remove the inverter (TR1) and put a mos P would not change anything to your concern: a mos P "classic" supports 15V max in VGS, otherwise it is destroyed too. I would keep the inverter stage bipolar, operational all the time. like that you can check engine running on the original ramp. In addition, the day you want to change the pulse widths, your measurement point will be this TR1 collector. and the output of this corrector will drive the TR2 grid.

Try a montage like that (sorry, not much time to do a drawing) starting from A2, Ra = 10k. Then base of TR1. base of TR1, 2x 1N4148 in series, anode based on TR1, K on transmitter (= grounded). Thus, you protect your TR1 from any misery. Do not forget the existing pullup: R2 remains connected from A2 to the 11 terminal of the inter.

For TR1, a brave 2N2222 or 2N1711 is enough.

For the inter S1, I put it only on the power and I would leave the control electronics always powered. Thus, when you maneuver the inter, your order is still in a planned state and does not undergo the rebounds of inter (especially if you remove the freewheels, there is surge in the air.

I am also looking forward to seeing your results.
0 x
do you drive
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by do you drive » 14/12/05, 17:02

Hi Muzo,
You were right.
If you return page 6 you will see that the editing has been modified.
D1, D2 and the power of electronics as you proposed.
The base of the TR is grounded by the original box.
I put your 10K R but it did not work.
I just moved R2 and left your 10 K R and it works on the vehicle.
Thank you and A +,
0 x