Hydropower: Designed Templates me a hydraulic dawn ...

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/05/09, 19:35

Hi Flytoc,

1) Yes you are right, it is probably too large (1.6 T is really huge) but even if it was divided by 5 (unlikely because the W² plays a lot and it is standard at 1000 RPM) it's already good more than what I have in my case!

In addition the wear of a bearing is done on the forces AND on the RPMs, at 100 RPM the wear of a bearing which has been dimensioned to accept a "big" unbalance at 1000 RPM must be really low. .Finally we will see well :)

2) For the crown, I dismantled and measured: I had 2mm of "centering defect" I would never have thought that this had such an influence on the tension of the chain !!

So I tried to improve the thing: at reassembly it is bcp better but it is not yet perfect. Tomorrow I will measure to see if there is a defect in the crown (I don't think so but you never know ...)

I explained the problem here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/post125517.html#125517 to find a "good" method for the moment I only see 3 shims machined to the right dimension and placed at 120 ° ...

ps: according to my memories, there is no chain tensioner on the mobs (neither pigo 103 nor mbk 51 ...) the only tensioner is the adjustment every X km ...
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 07/05/09, 23:55

and why not lighten it by increasing the buoyancy of the whole?

You go around all the econologist who sends you a cork or corks and you put them in the cage, or you stick them on the blades ...
or you double the blades with sheet cork, it will lighten the load, right?

courage and tenacity!
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/05/09, 09:18

Mass is not the problem (of the moment) Lietseu ...
0 x
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Hydro-electric power

by tigrou_838 » 08/05/09, 13:02

hello christophe.

you forgot something very important, on mob or motorcycles, the chain is long, and much more flexible in length.

the adjustment is done every x thousand miles, yes, but with a tolerance.

on the africatwin, it was 2 to 3 cm of beat in the middle of the chain, and blocking of the adjustment screws with this game.

on the 500XT also 2 to 3 cms, even I heard the piston shots at the chain, normal for a 500cc single cylinder.

for your channel, it's very very short.

tigrou
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 08/05/09, 21:16

Well yes, it is while thinking "motorcycle" that I had proposed a chain tensioner as on my two respective trails ....

But if the chain is so short, no wonder you're in trouble, as fly suggests, check the two crowns you need ...

Meow, mmmmbbrrrrrrrr! :P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/05/09, 22:41

I disassembled the crown and I measured the distance between several "tooth hollows" and the central crown on which I relied for the centering !!

On a dozen taken "at random" there is already 2 mm of tolerance !! : Evil:

In short it is useless to break your ass to refocus to more than 5/10 mm if there is 20/10 mm of machining defect !!

In fact I think the chain is too short in my case (I removed about 40% of the length) and with a longer chain I suppose that the games would have been better "absorbed" ... so +1 with Tigger ...

In short: not much to do except maybe the solution of the chain tensioner by loosening the chain "to the max" ...

Shit, I gotta talk about the subject ... : Mrgreen:

Well we continue on the right subject https://www.econologie.com/forums/tambour-de ... t6303.html for everything that does NOT concern the design of the buckets or blades!

Thank you :)
0 x