Search Positive Home Testimonials

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
greg
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by greg » 10/04/09, 11:34

why is that not so good?
I told myself that if you were doing in big boots (o, 8m wide R = 16), you had insulation at least as effective as small boots in wooden frame (R = 7 + the air knives and plaster)
greg
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 10/04/09, 13:03

If you take big boots, yes, but you complicate the work very much (it is not handled by hand), you lose a lot of space and your insulation is not constant since even if you have an interesting resistance R to center of the boot, all your joints in the mortar, which must have a certain thickness to add the mechanical characteristics making it possible to dispense with a load-bearing structure, make superb thermal bridges.
I do not know how it reacts over time in relation to the management of water vapor, in particular.

So it may be "in vogue" in the USA, a country where excess doesn't shock anyone, but I'm not sure it's interesting everywhere ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."