Clean nuclear energy, possible fast or distant dream?

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Remundo

by Remundo » 02/01/08, 10:19

Hello Cuicui,

I do not know if the mafia is very infiltrated in nuclear for civilian purposes, since nuclear power plants are often the subject of a state monopoly, even if it is sometimes through a society in which he is in the majority. On the other hand, it is likely that it was infiltrated there for warlike purposes for the construction of dirty bombs, and perhaps even real A-bombs.

And indeed, the multiplication of mini-power stations could give rise to fuel trafficking ... The mafia may not currently have the technical and human resources, but it probably has enough money to organize itself in this sector.

Finally, what about an earthquake, a fire, vandalism, any leak whatsoever on all these small power plants? Such installations must be closely monitored and require qualified and permanent staff ... I do not see which building can finance ... Laxity will inevitably arise and ionizing radiation with it !!

Of course the solution is elsewhere ... in renewable energy, and why not "clean nuclear". I guess you are talking about LiH fusion by magnetic necking 8)

@+
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/01/08, 10:29

When he said mafia it was figuratively ... it would have been fairer, if you prefer, to maybe say "mafia methods" (to impose a solution ...)
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 02/01/08, 11:08

Christophe wrote:When he said mafia it was figuratively ... it would have been fairer, if you prefer, to maybe say "mafia methods" (to impose a solution ...)

Exact. Instead of "mafia", I should have written "lobby". For me, it's the same, they are attempts to keep financial advantages out of all moral. It's not even a plot, they're just CEOs who will do anything to keep their shareholders happy and keep their jobs.
0 x
Tagor
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Tagor » 14/11/08, 17:38

Cuicui wrote:I wonder what kind of nuclear fuel they use.

after Toshiba, Hyperion
an american company takes orders for a mini nuclear power plant:

http://www.futura-sciences.com:80/fr/ne ... bre_17323/

An American company is putting on the market a miniaturized nuclear reactor, as big as an oil tank, and capable of supplying 20.000 American homes, so much more in other countries of the world.

In the United States, you can already order a private nuclear power plant. Stamped “clean and safe”, it would produce electricity guaranteed to have zero greenhouse effect. This is explained on its website by Hyperion Power Generation. The company, based in Sante Fe (New Mexico, United States), has effectively put in its catalog a complete and compact system, the HPM (Hyperion Power Module), of roughly cylindrical shape, with a diameter d 'just over 1,50 meters. According to the drawings shown, very basic, the height would be about three meters.
Its power would be 25 MW, which, according to Hyperion, corresponds to the consumption of approximately 20.000 homes in the United States (actually estimated at 11.000 kWh / year). An HPM module could therefore supply a small town. In all the other countries of the world, this power would suit a much larger number of people. At the announced price of 25 million dollars (around twenty million euros), the cost price per household seems competitive. A HPM could also be considered for an industrial site, a military installation or to supply installations in isolated places. Besides, says the company, the order books are full and Hyperion would already be sure to sell a hundred units. The first units will be produced in 2013 and buyers arriving today will not be delivered until 2014. Between 2013 and 2023, Hyperion plans to produce 4.000 reactors

0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 14/11/08, 19:02

Hi Tagor,

It seems to me that we have already talked about it somewhere on a subject.

There it is: Lietseu was on the spot 8)
https://www.econologie.com/forums/pile-nucle ... t6122.html

I am personally against this kind of device.

To summarize, it is neither "clean" nor "safe"
0 x
Tagor
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Tagor » 19/02/09, 14:56

Remundo wrote:I am personally against this kind of device.

will they market their project?

http://www.bulletins-electroniques.com/ ... /57836.htm

Nuclear
Nuclear mini-reactors in Romania soon

http://www.bulletins-electroniques.com/ ... /57836.htm

The American company Hyperion Power Generation presented a concept of transportable nuclear mini-reactor at the conference of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), in Vienna. Measuring 1,5 meters in diameter, it would be marketed within five years to supply heat or electricity to isolated regions or small towns of 20.000 inhabitants. Hyperion is already announcing around XNUMX orders for its mini-reactors, mainly from the petroleum and electricity industries. The first order comes from the Czech company TES, which specializes in hydro and energy plants. TES ordered six modules and put an option on twelve others with a first installation project in Romania. This module would be completely closed and buried, would require no maintenance and would have to be changed every five to ten years.

Hyperion does not give any information on the technology of its reactor whose concept comes from the work of O. Peterson and other scientists of the American laboratory of Los Alamos. However, certain elements make it possible to suppose that it is a reactor either derived from the onboard engines in nuclear submarines, or small experimental reactors of the Triga type, widely used for research in universities.

Hyperion plans to build three construction sites for these mini-reactors with a view to producing 4000 units between 2013 and 2023.

0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 19/02/09, 20:07

Bonjour à tous

The American company Hyperion Power Generation presented a concept of transportable nuclear mini-reactor at the conference of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), in Vienna. Measuring 1,5 meters in diameter, it would be marketed within five years to supply heat or electricity to isolated regions or small towns of 20.000 inhabitants. Hyperion is already announcing around XNUMX orders for its mini-reactors, mainly from the petroleum and electricity industries. ...

Americans are against proliferation.... that they cannot sell themselves. This one, there is no problem, it is billed in Dollars, even Iranians can buy it in packs of 16.
We live in a wonderful world ... : Shock: : Cry: : Evil:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Remundo

by Remundo » 21/02/09, 23:06

and in addition, it must "leak" a lot compared to a real nuclear power plant.
0 x
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

pits the city (ecological hybrid)

by recyclinage » 23/02/09, 16:52

pits the city is a big village between namur and charleroi

they have a fairly large wind farm

and their photovoltaic store

they try to create a garden of eden with the bambois lake
(half tourist half ecological lake)

they have a pretty alderman team
who is trying to be positive and make a difference

I'm cold with some high-ranking person

but I don't take their heart out of them

http://www.google.be/search?q=fosses+la ... =firefox-a

they have a youth advisory council

http://ccj-5070.skyrock.com/
0 x
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by recyclinage » 23/02/09, 23:12

I forgot there is a splendid church to visit via the tourist office

nice place to live, ...

talk to him about the action St kita
please

I didn't really get a kler response from the Christian envoys

history of creating controversy at home, ...
0 x