wind generator: magnet arrangement ....

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
swallowtail
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

wind generator: magnet arrangement ....

by swallowtail » 30/01/09, 20:40

Hello everyone, and Chatam (browser ???)

for looping

good evening loop,

thank you for your 3D on the magnets.
Indeed the air gap must be minimum, therefore the machining of the magnets or their cylindrical forming allows to reduce the air gap.
But the milling on a lathe will disperse zirconium grains throughout the workshop (lathe, milling machine, etc.) and hello abrasion and the "mouth of my boss" : Evil:

I just did the 1st lap tests (it's not great :frown: ) and test vehicle of this generator version, I will detail the projects I have in mind later (practical measures on vehicle)

When the large wind turbine, the photo is misleading, because the rope is not constant, and there is twisting but weak because it is a composite blade resulting from a blade in folded aluminum sheet (from a wind turbine old), plus clark Y profile !!!
So I agree with you, the compromise is lousy, but it allows me to validate technical solutions without having to mill a model with a charly robot, make a mold, etc.
I'll get optimized blades later.
I received to day the generator "24v 1100w for this wind turbine ...
but the days have only 24 hours ........
thank you again for your advice : Shock:

a+
swallowtail
0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 01/02/09, 09:34

Hi mach

But the milling on a lathe will disperse zirconium grains throughout the workshop (lathe, milling machine, etc.) and hello abrasion and the "mouth of my boss"

My magnets are NdFeB, or Neodymium-Iron and Boron
On the possible dangerousness of the components I admit not knowing it. The dust resulting from grinding retains excellent magnetic properties and it is with chewing gum that I collect them.

So I agree with you, the compromise is lousy, but it allows me to validate technical solutions without having to mill a model with a charly robot, make a mold, etc.

The result is not shabby at all! Are you kidding?
Simply, you will have to place the profile at the end of the blade in the plane of rotation, and the more the propeller is twisted with a wide chord base, the more it will be able to start in light wind. When stationary, the blade is "unhooked" for an incidence greater than 18 °, and this is the case on the extreme 2/3.

Do you have the possibility of milling a mold with Charly Robot? If so, that's great. For my part I can create a blade in 3D and export the surface file (STEP) or volume (IGES, PARASOLID etc)

I received to day the generator "24v 1100w for this wind turbine ...

Could we have a picture of it?

Good luck and we are impatiently awaiting your first attempts

A+
0 x