Pantone fixtures in the Centre Region

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
vinny
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Pantone Chenonceaux ... more

by vinny » 08/09/08, 12:18

Hello André, hello everyone!

I was in such a hurry that I forgot to follow the advice of better mileage and check the focus to the engine mass - a kid on Christmas Eve who want to play with her toys .... :D

The error is repaired, I just tested the engines and frames masses. Everything is OK. Good!

Well ... The question is whether the pantones gases are electrified, and if in this case we can rely on the signal from the lambda probe ... Reflections in perspective ...

At first glance, I think so, because I have already verified the magnetization of the rod of my steel reactor.

Good day everyone and bienôt for news
0 x
Vectra Pantonée
vinny
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Pantone Chenonceaux ... more

by vinny » 09/09/08, 19:48

Good evening everyone!!!

The first conso with the richness controller: 6.35l / 100 instead of 6.5l (and I was particularly heavy foot ...)

0.15l / 100 less that's something !!!

The signal of my Lambda probe, always remains to the 0.5V (Lambda = 1) whatever the value that the computer receives ... only the frequency of blinking of my leds vary (with hotter gases, the frequency increases ... the gases would not they electrified or I have a rise in temperature but this does not explain the signal Lambda 0.5V ...)
You really I see for EGT!

In addition, I send into the intake manifold a "mixture" from the reactor which must raise the temperature of the intake gases by 60 ° or 70 ° or more ...

I do not think that the probe was planned for such values ​​... So I'm going to look at this point ...

Otherwise, whatever the signal setting of the "CR", driving remains a real pleasure! What flexibility of engine and without a noise !!!

FYI, to 20km / h 3ème, foot down: no soubressaut and growing up without any problems or rattling 80 ... (I do not do that too often anyway!)

Before the mod, it happened to have him knock. Now it's over.

I'll see tomorrow with the garage to do an antipollution test, it may give me some clues ...

In fact, to silence some doubters ... I drive rainwater! (I have a reserve 300l behind the house enough to make some terminals ...).

Well, I keep you posted on the evolution of the "works" ...

See you soon and have a good "Pantonade"

:D
0 x
Vectra Pantonée
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 10/09/08, 01:26

Hello

The signal of my Lambda probe, always remains to the 0.5V (Lambda = 1) whatever the value that the computer receives ... only the frequency of blinking of my leds vary (with hotter gases, the frequency increases ... the gases would not they electrified or I have a rise in temperature but this does not explain the signal Lambda 0.5V ...)

If the probe is connected to the computer, you will continuously measure between 0, 5 and 0,45 volts

a system in loop works in this principle a signal in the computer, voltage precerclé to 0,45 v is opposed to the signal of the probe, when the answer is zero the sytéme is in equilibrium, when it becomes above or below it is done a correction.

If the prechambered voltage is at 0,2volt you are walking poor if it is a 0,6 volt you walk rich

If you want to be agreeable it is necessary that your adjustment allows you to walk to very poor to very rich ..

Andre
0 x
vinny
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

updated results ....

by vinny » 28/09/08, 23:57

Hello everyone!!

Here are the results of my humble experience in process:
The pollution control is ok
Date: 19 / 09 / 2008
320 991km
0.00% vol Co________
% Vol Co corr_____0.00
% vol Co2________14.9
% Vol O2_________0.57
ppm flight HC_______0015
Lambda__________1.026

Since I'm 322 089km
I spent wiring shielded wire, re-worked my CR and ... no noticeable change ...
Until I get a used collector with its probe.
I tested it on 200 last km, I have to refuel, and guess what: 6.12l / 100 on 280km - drop it!
The lambda sensor indicator seems to react better also ...
So the old probe seems wrong in retrospect (I would have tried with a new probe ...)
320 000 km with a lambda probe, it is far from 80km 000 recommended for replacement!

Anyway, another thing teases me: constant speed, toward 100km / h, the lambda value is greater than when I'm on the motorway or in full acceleration (mostly uphill).
Motor load seems a key factor, and therefore, the type of feed received by the probe.

Let me explain: at full load I think that the flow of exhaust gases is laminar and the probe provides a correct indication (at least close to the values ​​I'm looking for) ...

At 100km / h, in steady speed, I suspect the flow to be swirling, and because of this, the probe only gives an approximate value of the actual mixture. The calculator corrects too much due to this vortex flow?
(This reminds me thinking that I had done it years ago, about the fuel consumption that seemed more than respectable in 140, compared to those found at lower speeds.)

Has anyone already done the same thinking?

Because logically, the power required to maintain 140km / h is greater than that required to 100km / h.
Similarly, the drag increases well with the square of the speed (if I remember correctly)? So, differences in consumption should be obvious ...

Or, the collector is designed for optimum performance at full load, which coupled with the reactor, gives such good results when the motor is loaded ...

I'll see if I can improve that!

Other gadget: a rectangular signal generator (base NE 555 - be indulgent, I'm just starting out in electronics :D ) Adjustable in amplitude and frequency, always with a lambda value indicator.

This will allow me to clear the probes (compare their values) and my previous installation ...

I'll perhaps see a little clearer 8) !!

As for my good old Vectra, this week, I change his gasket (since the time I had to do it!).

Soon 7000 km Gillier with Pantone-assembly, it will allow me to visually check (ah Saint Thomas!) The benefits of the system on engine cleanliness - the camera is ready!

Soon for new

Econologiquement your,

Vinny
0 x
Vectra Pantonée
vinny
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

vectra - head gasket changed

by vinny » 13/10/08, 10:02

Hello everyone!!

The cylinder head gasket is changed! :D
It was time!!!!!
Initial findings:
-there is less scale that I could think of ...

-J'avais Single steel parts on my GV system and reactor - This is not permitted! rust after 7000km is greater than I imagined ... So I redid the whole 316L in stainless steel (I have it on hand ...)

- I drive for the moment without the pantone, and the engine even if it "pulls" better, sorely lacks flexibility ... I am constantly changing gear, where with the pantone connected, there is none had no need!
-I will try to "hack" a system in parallel with the EGR valve ... This will allow me to have a variable flow rate according to the engine load and therefore to optimize the consumption of steam. You have to try everything if you want to get there! :P

If I'm doing well, I should have done tonight.
The results are therefore coming ...

Good luck to all!
See you soon,
Vinny
0 x
Vectra Pantonée
krismof
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

pantone on 79 jumpsuit

by krismof » 30/11/08, 23:18

Hello everyone,
I am reuilly in the Indre and I have a combi of 1979 ...
I'm a fan of combis but their problem is that they pollute a lot and it also consumes a lot ....
The Pantone engine so interested me much gold I know there is nothing of aid would be welcome ......

If the project interested someone able to help me to edit contact me on krismof@hotmail.fr

cordially
0 x
yronitals
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by yronitals » 23/01/09, 18:02

Hello to all I present: Simon (18 years) City: Riom (63)

here for :
I asked whether research on this new engine have really accomplished (consumption: -1L / 100km), we hear a lot about but to draw conclusions it becomes difficult.

Then if it works I would like someone to sponsor me in my approach to change my engine. And if the result is positive will be my turn to get involved and fit as possible : Mrgreen:

here is well thank you for your answers pending.

You can also reply to me on my email address: ziaillemone@hotmail.fr
0 x
Golfobricolo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Golfobricolo » 31/07/09, 08:21

Golfobricolo wrote:Hi everybody
Loic 27 years of Blois

I had sales of this forum yesterday and I had a plan of this beautiful system several months ago.

I have very little budjet car but not being ill-equipped I intend to put his practice on one of my cars!

I do not know what to choose (golf 1.6 1.6 D or TD) or what to do exactly.

welding or brazing is not a concern and I know use my tools.

I will first of all go surfing a bit to see what will be most effective in relation to my drive instead and that I have under my hood.

LoïcImage

no one else motivated on blois?

I have a post tube and the brand new arc
0 x
Golfobricolo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: vectra - head gasket changed

by Golfobricolo » 31/07/09, 08:26

vinny wrote:Hello everyone!!

The cylinder head gasket is changed! :D
It was time!!!!!
Initial findings:
-there is less scale that I could think of ...

-J'avais Single steel parts on my GV system and reactor - This is not permitted! rust after 7000km is greater than I imagined ... So I redid the whole 316L in stainless steel (I have it on hand ...)

- I drive for the moment without the pantone, and the engine even if it "pulls" better, sorely lacks flexibility ... I am constantly changing gear, where with the pantone connected, there is none had no need!
-I will try to "hack" a system in parallel with the EGR valve ... This will allow me to have a variable flow rate according to the engine load and therefore to optimize the consumption of steam. You have to try everything if you want to get there! :P

If I'm doing well, I should have done tonight.
The results are therefore coming ...

Good luck to all!
See you soon,
Vinny

it will not be turning more éficace directly EGR?
his little be helpful to keep the room for another adaptation, but it turns out that properly connect its clog the motor driving a surconso and reduced yield ...
I have a tdi egr supreme his march better not clog and goes to control.
0 x