Citroen AX diesel 1.4

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 09/07/07, 17:54

Hello

if you say that the most effective is the dry bubbler, it is not impossible that the main advantage of this example is the brutality of the evaporation of the water which gives the best result

In an old post I had described how to remove the calamine on the billets before rolling by high water spray, a certain amount of water evaporate but a good amount is sprayed in fine fog clearly visible ..
It is a little this principle to make microdrops in a hot air to send them to the reactor, not to steam,
but it is difficult to just make microdrops without steam.

What is your exhaust temperature at 140kmh when it works?

I measure the exhaust temperature out of the reactor and on the duct so not very reliable figures
At 70kmh the steam output of the reactor falls to around 120c
normally it is more than 130c (the thermometer is at its maximum)
There is also the thermal inertia of the reactor and at these speeds there is almost no more water and little air in the reactor.
The efficiency of the reactor in a 100% panton and in relation to the temperature differential exhaust between inlet and outlet of the reactor, more than 50% of temperature drop ...

For a doping with water it remains to prove it I can not pronounce ..

Andre
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 27/08/08, 17:18

Latest news: Crispus wants to separate from his Ax, advice to fans
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 27/08/08, 17:50

Oh pity, the Charente Maritime is a bit far from the Moselle otherwise, I would have been a taker ... : Cry:
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 27/08/08, 18:33

bham wrote:Oh pity, the Charente Maritime is a bit far from the Moselle otherwise, I would have been a taker ... : Cry:

She is able to make the trip without flinching : Mrgreen: .

Autonomy ~ 1000km with a full 43 l. Diesel fuel only, I have not tried the oil (lucas pump : Evil: ).
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 27/08/08, 20:11

Yes I believe you Crispus, I have had one but for now the time to make the return trip I miss a little.
Go ask my cousin St Glles cross of life.
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 01/09/08, 17:19

That's it, the AX has found takers. He can denounce himself here if he wishes and tell us the rest of his story ... With good news I hope!

Thanks to the modos for removing the ad ... The number of phone calls I have had shows the interest of this "classifieds" section. Long live the site!
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 19/10/08, 19:45

Hello everybody

The "seasoned" experimenter who had the first "reserved" the AX could not come and get it: after weeks of waiting, he finally withdrew.

I was preparing to call the next one on the list, but then I ran out of gear with my first car (stopper). : Evil:

And as I live in the countryside in the middle of nowhere I can not do without a vehicle.

As a result, I had to make up my mind to lose a day by train to the yard where I had left her - much to the owners' relief, get 4 tires up and take her home.

I was sincere when I wanted to give it, and I apologize flatly to those - many - who contacted me hoping to have this car. Maybe later...

On the other hand, for the Gillier-Pantone experiment, I can no longer "pass on the hot potato": the problem again arises of making the adjustment of the water level in the reactor more reliable. This is the Achilles heel of the GV.

I remember that I have a vertical reactor, going down very low under the vehicle: there is no place to insert a steam generator below the reactor.

Also, after a quick abandonment of the bubbler, my idea was to generate the steam directly in the lower part of the reactor.

As Camel1 observed from its first tests, the "classic" assembly of the mainsail with the tank at constant level is random, given that the depression constantly raises the water column, which can lead to "flooding" of the reactor. This is the reason why on this AX the reactor is only effective for the first km ... At high speed it even started to swallow water in liquid form!

And despite my many tests, I have failed to ensure the balance of pressures between reactor and tank. Bad welds, leaks, total design error?

The main difficulty of this assembly was to send into the reactor a mixture of air and steam, as studied so far.

But it happens that Alex56 has successfully tested a GV where it has completely closed the air intake. And ... it works as well! :P
In other words, the boiling of the water produces enough volume of vapor to surround the reactor, and ensure proper operation.

Incidentally, it also shows that the reactor does not require to function, complex compounds from the air / water mix. For fuel, we knew it from Antoine Gillier ... :P

After some insomnia, I think I have found a complementary technique to the constant level tank. It's the same thing, but upside down: : Wink:

A brass float (copper seems heavy) rises with the level of water in the reactor. It drives a stainless steel ball, which carries a conical hole, which ensures the arrival of water in the reactor.

Note that the basic level adjustment is always provided by the constant level outer tank.

The reactor rod, currently supported from below, should be maintained from above.

I look forward to your comments ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 19/10/08, 20:48

Hello Crispus

The idea seems good. The reactor tube will heat and vaporize the water in the tube / float space and probably limit the passage of large drops of the fleet .. At the same time it duplicates the constant level outside?

With respect to these constant levels that are difficult to operate, it may be related to the medium that may be very agitated by the mechanical vibrations of the exhaust pipe, acoustic vibrations (connected to the intake, more variations of pressure due to the air flow, the water column etc ... enough to panic the needle or ball on his seat ..... so the level is random because it can s' open anytime.

The resizing of the float is just for it to fit in the image. The brass / stainless steel ball joint is still a small battery with risks of corrosion. You should try everything in the same material at the narrowest passage.
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 31/12/08, 18:16

Hi Flytox,

I tried to balance the (de) pressures by connecting the air vent of the trap to the outlet of the reactor. Suddenly the trap remained closed.

I made a test fixture with an air camber valve and a cork, but I encountered two problems that prevent the valve from sealing:

- the vibrations (ah the diesel!),
- the exhaust pipe, slightly inclined.

Decidedly what a problem to dose this damn steam ... I think to go to the injection one of these days.
____

For the time being, I had to solve even more down-to-earth problems.

Following more and more disturbing noises I replaced a wheel bearing, a cardan ... and the gearbox! : Shock:

Indeed by emptying this box before removing the transmission, I found a ... rolling ball stuck to the cap magnet!

Disassembly and reassembly of the set gave me a hard time - especially when it comes to changing a bearing without a press! - but I can finally hold a conversation in the cockpit! : Mrgreen:

In passing, thank you to the passionate who create clear subjects to explain in pictures how to proceed (here on planete205) ...

Now that I have two sets of intake / exhaust manifolds, I will be able to tackle more serenely the creation of a more efficient assembly. Finally, I hope ! : Lol:
0 x