aluminum or brass rod

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
fclergue
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by fclergue » 20/10/05, 11:19

Andre wrote:To have more nickel you will have to try inconel 72% nickel
or monel. But I am not convinced of a glaring difference with
these allied rods, the only rod that I did not find famous in a use
full panton is a copper rod of! / 2 inch pure copper.

Following several observations, it seems that the copper degasses and that this has the consequence of suffocating the engine.
This is why, I advise to avoid copper pipes (damage it is however very practical) for the reactor circuits.
You can react, I would like to know if we can take this hypothesis for granted.
Thank you
François
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/10/05, 11:53

I do not know what you do not hear degassing but anyway using copper for the interior of the reactor is not really possible given the T ° reached. (700 ° C if post combustion in the exhaust circuit)

Can you say more about your experience?

In any case, it has been shown that the use of copper does not improve functioning.
0 x
fclergue
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by fclergue » 21/10/05, 10:09

This summer with a friend, we deduced this:
the assembly was placed on a GO generator, 1 bubbler. The part in question is located between the outlet of the reactor and the inlet of the engine (approx 150mm of tube).
By changing the tube for convenience of connection, we realized that the engine was running better, called less.

We wondered if a possible leak from this part would cause the same effect. We did not find any.

I admit that the conclusion is quickly made, hypothesis to confront

François
0 x
rpsantina
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rpsantina » 21/10/05, 10:55

Hello,

André's experiments show that the gas leaving the reactor must cool as little as possible.

is it not possible that copper (very good thermal conductor) gives a lower performance than cast iron for example?

To check it, just insulate your copper tube (yes I know it's easy to say :P ) and validate it: rolleyes:

@+
0 x
RPS (Dpt Tarn South 81)
i-Only those who do nothing are never wrong
ii-Anything is possible as long as a little time is spent there
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/10/05, 14:53

So try to bend a cast iron tube ...
Copper is mainly retained because it is easily "workable"

I do not know if that has an influence on the operation.

For fclergue: what have you replaced copper with?
0 x
fclergue
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by fclergue » 21/10/05, 16:53

Filling with two T's and a tube.
We also thought of a shower cord but it seemed too small
Of course it does not make things easier, I agree copper is useful
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 21/10/05, 19:40

Hello fclergue,

Copper reactor tube, never tried, it seems a bit tangent with the heat, especially on a petrol engine. Copper rod I mentioned that the temperature of the rod is not as high as that of the copper which supports it, but it is the least effective of the few metals tested. Brass I have not tried, duraluminium c, is as good as steel and if it is easily eroded rapid oxidation, when the duration I do not know, test only a few hours.
For the reactor outlet pipe, it is most often red copper pipe, commercially available, the materials tested, is steel tube with T in cast iron.
stainless steel tube, flexible neoprene (hydraulic conduit although in the long term this does not reside in a 100% pant warm).
It is not so much the material of the outlet duct that affects walking but rather the section, the length, as well as the elbows, all my ducts are made of copper, the shortest possible without direct bend, the duct is covered with a red silicone thermal insulating sheath. on this conduit I weld a type K thermocouple, it is my reference to control the reactor. After a certain amount of gas flow, in the case of the petrol engine, the copper pipe turns black inside and verdigris in the connections with the intake manifold (probably due to the nature of the different metals, aluminum and copper , or condesation at the expense?)
but it is details without great importance.
The inlet pipe into the reactor should not even exist, the reactor should fire directly into the bubbler, or put the bubbler very close and make a chamber, or a large duct which feeds the reactor,
the vapor should not undergo this compression or rolling in a too small tube before arriving in the reactor, therefore as much as possible avoid a long bubbling reactor pipe,
Andre
0 x
jonsmit
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by jonsmit » 06/11/05, 20:57

hello, what would it take as reactor (s) for a diesel patrol 3.3td from 1988 consuming a GO + oil mix or even 100% oils in the future. thank you.
0 x
all with oil in the wind in the sun at the ptits zoiseaux if there is better it's all good