EGR valve

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
shagya
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by shagya » 31/10/05, 15:39

First of all, hello everyone, browsing in the shadows, that is to say without registration the different sites deal with the subject of water doping, I allow myself to ask you a question which I have not found answers, what does the egr valve do? Can have inject the "vapor" (in fact I do not know how to call it) at low speed via a regulator to then pass directly to the air intake on higher speeds or else is there no interest? Otherwise, better to delete it? I forgot an important thing, it is for a diesel atmo
0 x
shagya
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by shagya » 31/10/05, 15:47

Damn, I was wrong forum, if the mods can place it where it is needed, that is to say in understanding and not experimentations, thank you and sorry.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 31/10/05, 23:06

hello reply to shagya

What you're asking is exactly what I did on my gasoline-powered Chevrolet Lumina,
I eliminated the ERG valve it makes a nice entry in the intake manifold
I put a reactor powered by a water carburetor which I control the flow of water through the passenger compartment
so the engine almost does not change anything, it runs on its normal supply and doping with water and continuously through the hole of the ERG.
Obviously I have since made many changes on the Lambda probe
and the richness control of the injectors, to optimize consumption.
the other advantage is that I can feed the carburetor with a mixture
water and alcohol and I compensate by decreasing the richness on the injectors.
Obviously if I calculate the consumption it must also mention the amount of alcohol that the downstream engine through the reactor.
I did some tests with fuel oil in the reactor and it also works when it is hot, as soon as the reactor has cooled down, it is better to cut the oil and continue on the petrol injectors, otherwise it will rattle.
this is just on an experimental basis, because fuel oil sells for $ 0,75 per liter and gasoline for $ 0.98 per liter, diesel oil at $ 1,10 per liter for the cloudiness that this gives as well to feed it in regular gasoline ...
it is for this reason that (certain) which rolls in the oil of fried potato it make a mixed at 20% with ordinary gasoline question of price that takes less than gas oil to have the good fluidity.

Andre
0 x
shagya
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by shagya » 01/11/05, 10:07

Thanks to you André, that's what I thought, however, the diameter of the egr tubing of a Chevy must be larger than that of a 1.9l diesel, right?
It is true that entering directly into the breather must surely bring a better return.
Another little thing, I read very often that you must first get your hands on a mower or other, I do not share this opinion, in the engine we make pantone, so mixture fuel + water in the same tank, but for water doping, it is no longer exactly the same thing, and then the principle is assimilated, only the architecture differs, study well and reflect well on your car, I do not see where the steps were burned , there are so many experiences on mowers that copy exactly the same diagrams, there I do not see the interest for the new, the way has been opened, it is up to us to commit to it. But this is only my opinion I am not the pretension that could lend me by saying "here is another one who takes himself for who, how did we actually", you understand me?
Thanks again.
0 x
henri
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by henri » 01/11/05, 13:38

Hello,
The operation of the gasoline engine with fuel oil causes a significant rattling. Is it due to the fact that it is necessary to change the advance and what can that cause as disadvantages if one persists in turning?
The disadvantage of the ERG valve is that the depression is too great at idle and that from the opening of the throttle valve, this depression decreases with the opening, i.e. just the opposite of what it should. This is one of the major problems of the pantone.
0 x
shagya
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by shagya » 01/11/05, 18:39

Thank you Henri, the art of simply explaining what I meant
0 x
Other

by Other » 02/11/05, 05:29

Hello henri
Knocking is not a matter of advance in this case
Because during the tests on my small 125cc engine, the advance is not adjustable
so when I run it with oil, it works as well as with gasoline provided that the reactor is hot and that the anteroom is long enough before arriving on the rod (this last condition is imperative to walk fuel oil with a petrol engine)
When the engine runs at low speed and the reactor has cooled down, it clicks, it self-ignites because it eats oil fumes and this is normal, but when the reactor works well it does not ignite with the gas pantone, in any case in a gasoline engine. This winter I am making a cylinder head on the small engine to considerably increase the pressure and check if it is true that passing the fuel oil in the reactor does not self-ignite. It is relatively easy to make a cylinder head on an engine with side valves, it is just an 8mm thick iron plate, the thickness of the cylinder head gaskets will make the combustion chamber.
At the test on the chevrolet on the highway I made it work with fuel oil around 90 kmh it worked well without rattling or smoked at low speed it becomes a problem.
Andre
0 x

Go back to "Water injection in heat engines: information and explanations"