Speed ​​limiter and power consumption

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 08/11/08, 01:05

: Arrow: I scanned the subject diagonally and I think you have a very "fundamentalist" view of fuel economy ... I too had a period like this. : Lol:
A friend said to me then: "you can do whatever you want, your car won't make fuel". : Arrowl:

We are not alone on the roads and not disrupting traffic is as important as driving economy. An excess of economic driving irritates the other users who double you angrily by spending 2 times what one tries to save ...
I am an adept veteran of the speed regulator who on the big trips avoids me cramps. I consider that many people would consume less using a regulator that even if it accelerates in the climbs, decelerates downhill, which many do not forget to do drivers.
GPS allows you to consume more while allowing the driver to wedge closer to the limit allowed.
:?
0 x
Groar
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Groar » 08/11/08, 03:43

Left Image of a polar bear this morning and a straight Image of an old scientist (crazy?) tonight ... It's not my day!

citro: where did I say I want to save fuel to the point where I allow myself to disturb others?
I said in this thread that:
fuel economy should not be at the expense of safety or courtesy.

Where did I say that others need to save fuel?
They do what they want with their conscience. I try to do the best for my karma and the planet of our children.

We could have changed cars this year and bought a prius like the American stars, or a mini cooper like all these sores ... I know one who bought a c3 to be green ("Grenelle de l 'environment', blah ...). When I asked him for his drink he didn't even know it and didn't even know that his car could display it to him, on the other hand he can tell me every morning about the latest scientific announcement that will revolutionize ecology in 10 years. Looking at it turned out to be 6,6 L / 100, 50% more than advertised on the pretty ecological label !!! Image

I took the time to know where I was, to see how to improve myself and to put this plan in place.
If I remember my lesson, the planet absorbs 1,8 tons of CO2 / year / person. According to my calculations, my 3 family is 5,1 tons of CO2 with our trips (gas ...) and our home (electricity, heating ...). In one year we have simply saved 1 ton of CO2 in gasoline (ecodriving) and 500 kg of CO2 in electricity. Image

Excellent your friend's remark :) . For my part, any molecule of CO2 that I will not drive will be so much dinosaur juice that will rest in peace a little longer.

I do not make so many long journeys that and for the moment I never had a cramp, coffee breaks / naps 15 minutes every two hours have always allowed me to avoid them. I do not know what I'll endure when I'm old enough to be a polar bear or an old scientist ...

If I remember correctly, a German study showed that highway traffic would be more fluid if 20% of people put their cruise control, thus saving a lot of fuel. If people could avoid having the behavior that leads to waves of traffic we would save a lot more in the city: http://trafficwaves.org/

Now all that I just told you you can put it in the trash (without deceiving the lid color) because being like 80% of French, I think I drive better than 80% of French Image

Allez Image and good night tlm ... Image

Denis
0 x
ecodriver and ecomodder:
megane 1.9 dT 1997: 3.8 L / 100 instead of 6.7
scenic 1.9 dCi 2001: 4.9 L / 100 instead of 5.9
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 09/11/08, 14:40

: Arrow: Yes, good
All this to say that I have been relieving my vehicle consumption since 1978, the time of the national campaign "Chassons le Gaspi".
At the time I did not have the license, I did it on the car of my mother in an advertising book provided during this national campaign.
Later I had my own cars, I continued on school notebooks, then on computer, in a spreadsheet.

In recent years my fuel budget has dropped by 10%, not that I consume less 100km, but I just roll less ... I think not to roll useless ...

Currently I will work in scoot'elec which represents 80Wh / km against 930Wh / km with my car LPG.

Next week, my wife will receive her electric car, to replace her LPG car equivalent to mine ...
CO2, we try to emit as little as possible. :D
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 09/11/08, 17:02

groar wrote:[...] For information, those which manage to save the most fuel are called hypermilers and use the pulse & glide: they accelerate and decelerate alternately, rather than keeping a constant speed. [...]
Here it's funny I do it too sometimes, when the circumstances lend themselves to it: road down slightly flat downhill, not too crowded, ...

Slight acceleration to reach 95 km / h then freewheel until the speed goes down (quietly) to 85 km / h then rebelote ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
bpval
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by bpval » 09/11/08, 18:54

NOTHING to do with the subject

Just a little devaluing experience

Before I was 4 wheels Craysler V6 150 Ch
I occupied the road space according to my vehicle

Since I am 2 Chinese wheels I self-yells for my non-flashing, my deviations-to-left, my disrespect for the two wheels, my sufficiency

Now that I'm two-wheeled, I do not hesitate to greet the conciliatory motorist, to yell gently the irreducible at the red light

In short I am a self-critical

: Mrgreen:

And now eating

Be ready ... Tomorrow ... is a new day
0 x
PIF PAF POUM
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 09/11/08, 21:39

bpval wrote:Since I am 2 Chinese wheels I self-yells for my non-flashing, my deviations-to-left, my disrespect for the two wheels, my sufficiency

Now that I'm two-wheeled, I do not hesitate to greet the conciliatory motorist, to yell gently the irreducible at the red light

In short I am a self-critical

Good remark, I wonder if an "initiation to driving 2 wheels" should not be integrated into the practice of the car license ...
As far as I am concerned, although I have been riding a motorcycle since the age of 12ans, I got my motorcycle license at 21ans (3ans after the car license) ... I realized at that moment that I was a public danger for bikers and other road users ... : Shock:

The problem is that we feel pretty invulnerable in the car ... motorcycle, we must pay attention to all the traps of the coating (white stripes, manholes ... and all the debris that litter the roadway , a simple can of coca can kill a biker, it's already happened, I do not even speak wheelcovers : Shock: ) but in addition to that we must take into account other users and their sometimes unintended trajectories ...
This was the greatest driving lesson I received ... learning to anticipate my trajectories, but especially to anticipate the mistakes of others ...
For now I am still whole. 8)
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 09/11/08, 22:36

JCV 29 wrote:

Using the limiter or regulator depending on the circumstances, I noticed that the speed ratio used (3eme, 4eme, or 5eme) had an influence on the consumption.

Examples:

Highway regulator 110 km / h, on a false flat, consomation lower in 4eme 5eme in the mounted direction, and consomation weaker in 5eme 4eme in the downhill direction.

it's very relevant.

I had (1981) a "formal E" Passat, equipped with an instantaneous fuel consumption indicator: when you used it, it was really efficient.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 09/11/08, 23:01

elephant wrote:I had (1981) a "formal E" Passat, equipped with an instantaneous fuel consumption indicator: when you used it, it was really efficient.

On Citroën 80 years, there was an econometer, actually a vacuum sensor that displayed on the dashboard the engine load level that corresponded to the vacuum on admission.
This driver assistance tool was indeed very effective. 8)
Fiat has also integrated it on several models, either in the form of eyewitnesses, like at Citroën, or in the form of analog pointer indicator, less effective in my opinion.

It seems to me that the Volkswagen "Formel E" had a specific gearbox with a 5th gear equipped with a freewheel ... could you confirm. :?:
I have heard that customers find it dangerous because the vehicle did not have engine brakes at the time. This would be the reason for the abandonment of "Formel E" by VW.
0 x