What ethical placement?

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
patpat52
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

What ethical placement?

by patpat52 » 01/11/08, 21:49

Hello,
I would like to make an investment, certainly preferably profitable but with a certain ethics, that is to say to invest in a company which respects the environment and which aims at the development of renewable energies or ecology in a real concern of preservation of the planet.
Does anyone know of such a publicly traded company that needs support?
I have heard of Véolia Environnement, I believe that they deal with water treatment but I am not sure that despite its name, its objective is only the preservation of the environment. Can you enlighten me and, above all, point me in the direction of my research?
Furthermore, I was told that the Crédit Coopératif bank would support projects aimed at ecology and sustainable development. Is it correct ?
Thank you in advance for your answers.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 01/11/08, 22:35

The goal of a company is to make a profit, if for that it must give itself a veneer of ethics or respect for the environment, no problem! This is what we call the "com": the ecological style is very trendy now.
Pushing the reasoning further, it results in "fair trade" (say less inequitable?) And "charity buziness".
If we are currently talking about the "moralization" of the economy, it is not by chance, it is because there is none.

We must be aware of one thing: profitability and ethics are two concepts that are inherently contradictory and opposed. It remains for you to invest without qualms in something good "juicy" (although at the moment ...), or to make that your money go towards something that you approve deeply.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
C moa
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: What ethical placement?

by C moa » 02/11/08, 11:16

patpat52 wrote:Hello,
I would like to make an investment, certainly preferably profitable but with a certain ethics, that is to say to invest in a company which respects the environment and which aims at the development of renewable energies or ecology in a real concern of preservation of the planet.
Does anyone know of such a publicly traded company that needs support?
I have heard of Véolia Environnement, I believe that they deal with water treatment but I am not sure that despite its name, its objective is only the preservation of the environment. Can you enlighten me and, above all, point me in the direction of my research?
Furthermore, I was told that the Crédit Coopératif bank would support projects aimed at ecology and sustainable development. Is it correct ?
Thank you in advance for your answers.
Hello patpat52 and welcome to the forum.

Your approach seems very interesting and just asking the question says a lot about your state of mind.

For Véolia, know that it is a company which exists since kalakala its previous name was vivendi environment. As you must have seen on their site, it is a company very established in the treatment of water and the management of technical landfill. Are they better than the others, I do not believe it remains a big company which has a good base on its business and I do not have the feeling that it wishes to go towards other ways because these latter are very profitable. Does she need support, I don't think so either. Is it profitable ?? It was the cash cow of the vivendi group ....

On the other hand, there are a lot of startups especially in the field of biotechnologies which do interesting things. There are a little more risks to take because they are generally in the research phase but if it is for tax exemption, this fits perfectly within the framework of the new laws on support for young innovative companies.

I do not know if you had the opportunity to spend a little time on the site so I put you in link a project which was born within forum. It involves synthesizing petroleum from organic matter. This synthesis takes place by fermentation in an anaerobic medium with a bacterium called perfringens. As you can read, we have in fact resumed the work of Doctor Jean Laigret. He worked on the subject in the years 45-50, had excellent results but since his works have fallen into oblivion.

https://www.econologie.com/forums/projet-laigret-avancement-et-chronologie-t6366.html

As you can read, to a few, we have taken up the subject and we are trying to prove that it works. In this context we will have to set up an association and / or a SARL type JEI. Financial aid will certainly be necessary ....

We remain at your disposal if you wish more information on this subject.
0 x