Gillier-Pantone on a Transporter T3

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
manoria68
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by manoria68 » 17/10/08, 20:03

still looking at the photos, I find that your welds do not look waterproof. especially at the galvanized fittings which should have been exposed before welding
I wonder if it is not also an element that disadvantages your performance.
A well made weld is waterproof
0 x
Manoria 68, fried researcher, technician of its oil mill
jcf
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by jcf » 26/10/08, 11:42

@manoria:
- for the size of my reactor I mainly followed André's recommendations in the wiki and a priori it works well, so I don't have much reason to change it, except the diameter of the tube exhaust. But if I had to change the reactor, you have to do it all over again, which amounts to the same thing!
- the welds are indeed very ugly, but all are waterproof. It was particularly hard to weld because the pot is aluminized, and therefore it spits in all directions, even after having sanded the elements, very very painful. Where it is not waterproof, it is around the copper pipes of the GVI. We tried everything, even oxy-acetylene, I don't know what to braze it with! so I plugged it all up with paste to repair the exhausts, so it's waterproof but it fires after a while;
- and by the way on your car, were you able to make the changes and what does that give?

@Flytox:
the idea of ​​the extra hose is tricky! In fact the main problem I have is that the reactor is too advanced in the very entrance of the tube, and that there is no way to widen the tube at this place because of the movable fixing ring . This is where the restriction must be too strong for 5-7 cm. Then I had planned a diameter of the tube welded underneath (the black one) large enough so that the space that the gases have to escape corresponds to the space that they had in the original tube. Well, at the welding it could have moved a little, but I don't think the problem comes from there.
Suddenly what I thought to try to do is just to reopen the black tube at its start (right on the photo that you put) and to start it as close to the movable fixing ring by opening the tube original like a banana peel to be able to get as close as possible with the minimum amount of soldering. But it may be hot to do!

@ All: still no suggestion of an industrial injector that would send the water directly into the PMC instead of investigating with a GVI?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions!
JC
0 x
manoria68
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by manoria68 » 26/10/08, 19:50

OK understood !

I created a subject for my montage https://www.econologie.com/forums/post101249.html

The first tests are very good, the doping, its progress!
0 x
Manoria 68, fried researcher, technician of its oil mill