Returns Scroll Stop Automatic mode

Air pollution and solutions against air pollutionchlorinated burning papers, catalogs ...

Discussion of methods of remediation and control air quality.
Christophe

chlorinated burning papers, catalogs ...

Unread Messageby Christophe » 09/07/09, 14:22

I just realized some paper combustion tests.

Results in pictures (not easy to photograph a flame):

Reminder: a green flame = presence of chlorine.

What I burned?

a) envelopes:

b) the end catalogs (thin paper "semi" glossy)

In 2 case, despite appearances (same texture, the same colors, the burning of one of the 2 releases chlorine and the other not).

I think the chlorine comes first ink (or ink solvents?) Used in the paper: some seem to keep chlorine (at least you can see it so visible combustion) more than the other ...

By burning blanket "Ice" catalogs: by not against green flame ...

To be continued (if you have ideas of things "test"?). A video comes on these tests.

All this to say that burning some papers, a priori trivial, is not without impact on the environment ... or even our health (possibility of dioxin? I walk but you never know)?

Small photo of lighting to show the draw:
0 x
Was this forum helpful or advisable? Help him too so he can continue to do it! Articles, analyzes and downloads on the editorial part of the site, publish your own! Get out (part of) your savings from the banking system, buy crypto-currencies!

Christophe

Unread Messageby Christophe » 09/07/09, 16:41

Here is the video, we see pretty much the green flames: https://www.econologie.com/pollution-au- ... -4102.html
0 x
Was this forum helpful or advisable? Help him too so he can continue to do it! Articles, analyzes and downloads on the editorial part of the site, publish your own! Get out (part of) your savings from the banking system, buy crypto-currencies!
delnoram

Unread Messageby delnoram » 09/07/09, 18:25

I remain a little puzzled, I thought that a green flame was due to the presence of copper chloride which mainly copper including chlorine does have the oxidant function.

But hey I'm not a chemist, would I get smoky intelectuellement? : Cheesy:
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Christophe

Unread Messageby Christophe » 10/07/09, 10:46

Ben same, I do not know what it is exactly but it is a compound that contains chlorine.

What is the function of the copper or copper chloride in the inks or paper?
0 x
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Unread Messageby aerialcastor » 10/07/09, 12:48

Chlorine and its compounds are used to bleach paper

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blanchiment_(papier)

Copper is it seems a pigment for inks

And from what I remember it must be copper and chlorine to the flame turns green.
Besides, if we want to know if a compound contains chlorine it is placed on a copper wire and the test is heated Beilstein
0 x

Christophe

Unread Messageby Christophe » 10/07/09, 12:58

Yes to the bleaching but from the pro (see stone-ernest message) of Fillière it no more chlorine in the paper once bleached ... See the discussion (heated) here:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/bilan-ecol ... t4840.html

Oh yes he speaks well chloride ... but ... no sodium Copper ...

1) after playing its role "launderer", ie oxidant, chlorine dioxide used for pulp bleaching is neutralized sodium chlorideOr sea salt. This one, you can heat it beyond its melting point (801 ° C) without breaks.
But in any case, as the pulp is washed after laundering, there is no chloride in the paper, bleached or not.

And as the flame appears green with a white paper on 2 I tend to believe this.

If we had that as well: https://www.econologie.com/forums/bruler-du- ... t5975.html

Ok for the pigment inks, ca explain why some paper off a green flame and no other ...

Copper = blue I think? Consider whether the paper "blue" are more green than others ... this was not the case with 2 envelopes "blue interior"
0 x