use expansion tank

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
oscar
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by oscar » 17/09/05, 22:31

Hello,

I hear a lot about the bubbler development problem, so I may be saying bullshit (it will not be the first .... worse anyway I start: ph1r:) but if for montages we used directly the expansion tank as bubbler and the coolant as in place of water, wouldn't it work?

(in any case it would be simpler)
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 17/09/05, 22:56

The problem is that the expansion tank is under pressure and that the cooling water will be consumed. And this is very dangerous for the engine ... In addition, the cooling water contains additives against freezing, corrosion ...
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/09/05, 23:09

lol if it would work ... Especially that the engine will appreciate the glycerol ... on the other hand it will not work long ... because running without enough coolant the engine may not like too ...
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 17/09/05, 23:39

Hello
It is strongly advised not to operate modern engines with pure water, aluminum cylinder heads do not like corrosion, the water pump needs lubricant in the coolant, and if you want only to operate on vehicle water in the desert, it is preferable to always keep the same water which ends up stabilizing and being less corrosive, although it is better to add additives for the protection of metals. Here in Quebec this does not even come to us the idea of ​​walking in the water, you are going to go back to the north in September you risk freezing the radiator at night.
Andre
0 x
Misterloxo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Misterloxo » 18/09/05, 12:23

In addition, I don't remember who (it was on the yahoogroup) but someone did it on a 205
0 x
Learning disobedience is a long process. It takes a lifetime to reach perfection. "Maurice Rajsfus
To think is to say no. "Alain, philosopher
oscar
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by oscar » 18/09/05, 14:01

I was actually thinking of making a system that would top up the cooling system as and when with a tank in the trunk (because the LDR would be consumed) but it is true that the day we forget to fill the tank hello the damage.
0 x
davio
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by davio » 18/09/05, 18:42

Take another for scrap, integrate a copper tube between the inlet and the outlet it seems feasible.
So you could add water to it without using the LDR.
Pay attention to the seal between the copper and the LDR.
What do you think ?
What bothers me is the heat exchange from the LDR to the bubbler water which would be weak.
An idea to work on.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/09/05, 18:48

davio wrote:What bothers me is the heat exchange from the LDR to the bubbler water which would be weak.

why would it be weaker than in conventional water-water exchange?
0 x

Back to "Water injection in the engines: the assembly and experimentation"