Vortex turbulator on Toyota hi lux 2.4L

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
Colmant
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Vortex turbulator on Toyota hi lux 2.4L

by Colmant » 27/11/06, 11:21

First thank you to Lau for his experience and his report.
I have the same box.

I started with a turbulator: copper tube diam 50 with 8 inwardly curved fins shaped on a coupling ball, and lugs at the entrance to prevent rotation possibly due to the movement of the flow air.

This piece is inserted into a sleeve of 52, all with a total length of 87 mm.

the turbulator is in the "hose" rubber sleeve and enters the elbow before the intake pipe where Lau brings in his GEET mixture, I would have room to do the same, by drilling my copper tube.

:?: To the chemists according to my memories
Question

Can someone tell me if I risk an electrolytic couple since the elbow and the pipe are made of cast aluminum, Al + Cu + H2O -> Al2O3 + CuO + H2 (hydrogen generation) and polarized flow of the GEET. :?:
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

Re: turbulator on hi lux 2.4L

by zac » 27/11/06, 11:53

Colmant wrote:Can someone tell me if I risk an electrolytic couple since the elbow and the pipe are made of cast aluminum, Al + Cu + H2O -> Al2O3 + CuO + H2 (hydrogen generation) and polarized flow of the GEET.
:?:

Hello

yes you will have a slight electrolite torque.
But it sucks nothing (unless you leave the hilux in sea water for several weeks) :P

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Colmant
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Colmant » 28/11/06, 19:30

the turbulator works, my tractor is more nervous, and the noise is more muffled.
I have not tried to climb the towers it is useless, there is a terrible couple on these toys
0 x
Colmant
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Colmant » 01/12/06, 06:32

Hello,

after qqs km, I tried to push the regime, the car painfully hangs on 110km / h and leveled off whereas before I could climb to 140 (well launched on the highway) which I did not try.

In my opinion,
The turbulator therefore slows the air intake, I will do it again by taking better care of the realization. the current one contains qqs machining faults: burrs impossible to resume and symmetry of the fins not all impeccable.

At reflection, If the flow is braked, there is a higher demand for air, which increases the depression downstream of the turbulator, therefore a lowering of temperature.
Has anyone tried to heat the intake air without injecting the GEET.
0 x
Fred Bj
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Complete the turbulators ...

by Fred Bj » 29/01/07, 01:24

Given my experience, if you experience a pb of air flow once the turbulator is installed, it may be wise to install at the same time a freer air filter type KN or other of which it is proven that their characteristic is allow the entry of a larger amount of air (about 40%) ...
Anyway you are on the right track because I tested a modification of "house" air filter on an Indenor XD3-T 95 cv whose principle was comparable with a gain of the most interesting and quite noticeable at the wheel. ..
0 x

Back to "Water injection in the engines: the assembly and experimentation"