Someca 75 CV Tractor

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
rescwood
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Someca 75 CV Tractor

by rescwood » 04/05/07, 16:35

Outer shell of reactor: 2 inches
Inner tube: 1 inch x 300 mm (DN 27)
Stem: 25 x 200 mm => air gap about 1mm, centering by welding points rectified by turning, wedging by springs
Bubbler: approx. 5-6l, heated by exhaust tube, bubbling by 1 inch stitching on downstream exhaust, fitted with a plexi glass to admire bubbles
Engine supply: between air filter and intake, a valve between the bubbler and the reactor

At first, I was skeptical, the technical and scientific quality of certain posts in this forum, various articles found on the internet aroused my curiosity. So I decided to test this "thing" myself. After a first test on a mower engine which ran on gasoline, gasoline + water, diesel, vegetable oil + gasoline, I decided to equip this old Someca with a doping to the water.

After transformation of the tractor, the ignition happened normally, without notable modification of its behavior, it turned only a few tens of minutes per hour or I write these lines. I just noted a water consumption of about 650 ml in 20 min, without load and without forcing.

Initial findings:

When the valve between the bubbler and the reactor is closed and the engine speed rises, the speed of passage of the exhaust gases at the level of the nozzle creates a vacuum and the pot turns into a geyser.
When the valve is open, so that the motor can suck the "gas" from the bubbler, no geyser but the tank is in overpressure. (measure with a U-tube partially filled with water, one side connected to the top of the bubbler and the other left in the open). However, theoretically, there should be a negative pressure difference between the engine intake and the exhaust ... I can however measure a depression when I create a pressure drop at the inlet of the air filter.
Is it absolutely necessary to work in vacuum (add a valve or a valve to the air filter inlet)?

Any explanation, suggestion, are obviously welcome ... If you want details on my editing, it is with pleasure that I would communicate them to you.

The next step will be to compare consumption with and without the device in operation. I plan to install a removable small-capacity diesel tank (1-2l) to obtain more precise estimates. To be continued...
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 04/05/07, 18:31

Hello

Transfer your bubbling exhaust nozzle. depression is enough for bubbling.

check that you have enough depression in the reactor (mini 300mm, 500mm is better).

and it will work like an airplane

@+

PS: why you got bored separating the reactor from the bubbler and shifting everything. The reactor in the bubbler, the whole vertical and the vapor intake in the bubbler it works and it's 3 times less welding pipe ETC .. .......;
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
rescwood
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rescwood » 05/05/07, 19:21

Hi Zac,

Thank you for your comments

Too bad to turn this tapping, the idea of ​​making the engine swallow, at least in part, what it has not completely burned I liked ... Finally, if necessary ...

300 to 500 mm => 30 to 50 cm of water column => 30 to 50 mbar of depression? Wouldn't that be a bit much?

Question design, I did with what I had on hand, everything recovered! The goal is to test before manufacturing a final model, probably in stainless steel. I also wanted (rightly or wrongly?) To stay close to the original design, hence the horizontal reactor and I kept the reactor separate in order to heat the reactor as much as possible without dissipating heat to heat the water at this level. This arrangement will also allow me to isolate the reactor to optimize the heat exchange.

@+

PS: For the additional welds, it's not a problem, on the contrary, seeing the face of some of my "collages" I seriously need exercise! :D
0 x
zac

by zac » 05/05/07, 19:41

rescwood wrote:
Too bad to turn this tapping, the idea of ​​making the engine swallow, at least in part, what it has not completely burned I liked ... Finally, if necessary ...

300 to 500 mm => 30 to 50 cm of water column => 30 to 50 mbar of depression? Wouldn't that be a bit much?

Do not worry when your water doping works, there will be no more unburned at the exit of the pot.

no 30 to 50 it's not much on some engine I'm 90!

the advantages of the reactor in the bubbler are manifold: more compact, the reactor takes the humid air directly in, therefore removing critical solder and air perfectly filtered (by water), you no longer have valves to manage the depression which takes care of it (it follows roughly the rpm). as the exhaust temperature also your reactor regulates itself. : Lol: : Lol:

@+
0 x

rescwood
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rescwood » 06/05/07, 09:10

OK ! It's decided, I take out the grinder and I transfer this stitching. Regarding the vacuum to be obtained, either the pressure drop at the level of the reactor rod is enough, or it is necessary to add a valve or a valve somewhere, is it better to restrict the air intake at the inlet of the air filter or at the inlet of the bubbler?

Here is a diagram of my installation:

In my opinion, the removal of the tapping will remove any possibility of overpressure, the minimum depression that I will obtain will correspond to the height of water in the bubbler and to the pressure drops from the reactor.
0 x
Colmant
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Colmant » 06/05/07, 11:27

Zac, the reactor in the bubbler, does that mean the exhaust passes there too, the bubbler becomes a boiler generating steam?

give links for reactor achievements in the bubbler if you have
or a crobart please
0 x
zac

by zac » 06/05/07, 11:41

Hello

yes the exhaust also passes through the bubbler.

I don't care to pass a crobart in my posts. file me an e-mail in mp I send you that and if you want you put it on the site.

it looks a lot like a spad

@+
0 x

rescwood
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rescwood » 06/05/07, 16:25

Your "crobard" interests me too, Zac, could you send it to me too (rescwood@skynet.be), I think it would be interesting to post it here to illustrate your comments.

Since this morning, I fired my exhaust-bubbler nozzle and I replaced it with a vent. I obtained a depression of 20 to 30 cm at idle and it rises above 50 cm when I increase the engine speed. I still had to slightly restrict the air intake of the bubbler to obtain this result.

Madame was angry, I hacked her fittings and a valve on her garden hose, but I promised her a ride in a tractor and everything worked out!

[img] https://www.econologie.com/fichiers/partager/dh2osommh.jpg
[/ Img]

We can guess the bubbles behind the plexi.
0 x
rescwood
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rescwood » 06/05/07, 16:27

Something blew your mind with the photo ... here it is:

0 x
zac

by zac » 06/05/07, 18:13

no de diou; more proud than a tobacco bar :P :P :P

@+

the crobart is gone
0 x