Pantone burner test

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
champ
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Pantone burner test

by champ » 16/01/07, 10:58

after a long passage in the desert we revoila. We mount a burner to see if we could do.
We took a normal compressor and put the burner on.

the tube is 17mm inside
the rod of 15 mm and a length of 150mm

a mower carburetor is closed with a single hole of 3mm and in starter position.

The tank was kept to buffer and avoided the jerks.
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 16/01/07, 14:14

Hello Champ
Your images are small, and I find it hard to see and understand something ...
Your burner does not come on?
Perhaps because it has always been said that for a Pantone, pressurized inlet air should not be used with a compressor, but vacuum, suction with a vane compressor, quite noisy. out of the Pantone.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 16/01/07, 16:20

Hello,
It lacks a lot of edetails on the function of your editing (if you could make us a simple drawing by hand
just the principle.

You must know that the compressor must aspier directly in the reactor and must drive directly into the burner. For no reason you must pass in a reserve even less in a reservoir there is a danger of explosion without counting that if the mixture fuel When you pass it in a small reseve it relaxes and condenses.
To mitigate pulsations with a single cylinder a single bigger exit duct with a small restriction at the tip decreases the pulsations.
The apiston compressor needs to be designed to suck hot gases from the reactor between 300c and 400c.
Soyer cautious with a tank that contains air and fuel suspended is a bomb!

Andre
0 x
champ
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by champ » 18/01/07, 13:09

I take good note

So I plug live output compressor output and burner.

For info the compressor and well put so as to suck in the reactor. The line is therefore in the order carburetor, reactor, compressor, burner.

Questions
1) for the pipe between the compressor and the burner must it be at least a double diameter to avoid jolts.

2) Does the length of the tubes have an incidence?
Should we try to make them as short as possible?

3) must the gas inlet tube into the burner penetrate at least one cm into the burner tube or should it be flushed?

please
0 x
Other

by Other » 18/01/07, 17:09

Hello
Compressor outlet a large steel pipe see 1 inch pipe length 6 inch (commercial nipple) solid, then reduce small copper pipe or other length to go to the burner and reduced to the final with a small 2 mm hole in the nozzle.
It will be necessary that you seek the good dispositions so that this little tube acts as a jet that aspires air in the venturi burner, copying a little like the spouts of propane,
But be careful you play with the fire is the nipple that serves as a panton gas tank to absorb the blows and the small hole final jet that regulates pressure acoup.
All this plumbing not too long it cools easily.
it's just advice because I have never done editing panton in this principle I tell you how I will take ...

Andre
0 x
champ
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by champ » 22/01/07, 20:40

Hello everyone,

Good I modify and plug directly the compressor output to the burner not to take any risk. An important detail whatever the assembly is much better when there is fuel in the tank!

Otherwise I got a flame, I could not test long because of an edf problem but tomorrow promised I give news.
0 x
champ
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by champ » 08/02/07, 08:08

Hello,

I did a first test with the burner. I have a huge flame of over 50cm and far too much diesel that happens. I tried to play on the carb but nothing did.
So the pressure is too high and suction too.
The compressor sucks a lot too much. Maybe adding an air valve to the parallel level of the carburetor would improve that. Or maybe a simple drive on the motor to slow down the pump.
Although I still think the right solution is the pallet pump and a dimmer.
0 x
Other

by Other » 08/02/07, 15:58

Hello,
For the carburettor it is placed in the set position so it pulls through a small amount of 3 mm
The output to the burner must also be small or have a small jet of 1 mm or less depending on the pressure (as the burners of propane torches the hole is very small)
it is also possible that the compressor is too big! for the model of burner that you want to do, but a flame of 50cm with an air jet of 1,5 bar in it is that that it is injected by a hole of 1mm, grossi your burner ..
Andre
0 x