Pantone on a CDI Vito 220

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
binbins4
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Pantone on a CDI Vito 220

by binbins4 » 06/10/05, 23:20

I mounted a transverse reactor just after the turbo. The dimensions of the reactor are: Inside diameter 22mm, diameter of the bar 20mm and the length 220mm surroundings.

The spraying of the water is done with an isometric atomizer atomizer 0.6mm. The turbo pressure is used for atomization.

Consumption of water is about 1 l at 100 km.

To put the reactor in depression, there is a venturi on the admisson of air, before the turbo. A butterfly is placed in the center of the venturi to have a suction whatever the engine speed.
The throttle is controlled by the pressure of the exhaust vent the turbo via a modified turbo relief valve. It is tared "upside down" with a spring (to make it more flexible).

The exhaust around the reactor painfully reaches the 180 ° C, a little more uphill. The reactor is insulated with aluminum fiber.

The set works well, but there is not really any improvement of the conso. Do you have an idea to make the editing work?

Here are some photos of the "monster"

on my vito now everything is disassembled 3.5m of hose (too long that), I have a new hope! I noticed on the renault 25td (quantum) that they send on the hose in turbo pressure, he had to prick upstream of the reactor also under pressure or feed it with a steam kettle?

I do not sleep! I rattle my golf cabrio (pantone)

I measured the collector 200 ° on the dish, obviously we all agree, it's not hot enough. Could we have some reactor temperatures on diesels?
I will focus on a reactor mounted on a separate heater. A few months ago I got a scrap, I'll take it as a model and for parts.
I send you some pictures to give ideas to everyone. (I ordered for temperature measurements up to 1000 ° a multimeter at Conrad 15 euro).
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 07/10/05, 04:06

Hello binbins4
It is not rather a part of the air pressure of the turbo bubbling, obviously with a check valve, otherwise at low speed the water will be sucked into the collector which is in depression, this method I I used it, I learned it at my expense.
Last month I had talked about it on forumI put my pressurized water with the turbo, this has the advantage of sending water only when the intake manifold is under pressure ie the engine is running and the turbo is pushing, this way no need to break the head for running at low revs, the resevoir being too low, nothing carburetor, the more the turbo pushes the higher the water level increases and the carburettor debits .. it is a kind of regulation that + the venturi it is efficient regulation even too effective, I modified it so that it is operational at 80kmh because I often drive in town, so as soon as the heat is present I want to operate the reactor.
And your beautiful bubbler in stainless and he performs?

Andre
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 02/11/05, 08:53

Hello
Can be an idea,
I quickly read your post and I do not see the place where you speak about the suppression of the EGR valve of your engine. André has paid the price on his Chevrolet, without the deletion of it, the results obtained by the reactor is very low. So if you have not done yet condemn this recycling. You can suppress it and instead put your reactor.

If it's already done sorry: unsure:
0 x
nialabert
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by nialabert » 02/11/05, 11:21

I answer for him there is more the phone by us (a shot of pelteuse in the line is radical).

It seems to me that he did delete egr a given moment, it served as input, but in the end he made a venturi.

So that's not it. The final explanation is that the elements are too old for each other.
0 x
Researchers who seek are found, but researchers found it seeks.
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 02/11/05, 14:18

: unsure: I was not saying this simply to use the hole left by the removal of the egr valve, in order to install the geet gas pipe. But a priori the recycling of exhaust gases caused the passage of gas geet on the car of André. It was adding extra gas to the engine. In addition the EGR valve on a diesel causes repetitive breakdowns by its crushing. Some car mechanic condemns her on recent engines. This does not cause a real impact on pollution. Aspire good gas geet to repolluer with exhaust gas is a pity that at the same time :P
0 x
binbins4
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by binbins4 » 04/11/05, 23:27

practically all my tests were done without egr, I took my 9,5 lt 220 automatic cons, I had arrived at 8lt it was a16% env with 4dl water 100 and it was with the airbrush ( see previous picture)
a formerly 8,5 WITHOUT PANTONE just with a venturi and 1,5 liter of water at 100
at the moment I invested in a kit hvb I do 9,8ltr au100 this week I try the turbulators, the next full I inject hot water (I have to scan a slip of the 70 years on the injections of water to put it on the site)

I also intend to try the pantone in turbo pressure to avoid my 3,5 m pipes, to be able to send the pantone gas as close as possible to the admission

a+
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 05/11/05, 00:10

It is true that 3,5 m hose to go to the admission is long on a Vitto. The engine is in the trunk or what? :P
Not of course it's a joke does not bother you. In fact you have a slight improvement in conso with the Pantone it may be a problem of injection computer that gives you your engine with more diesel in the presence of water. Andre had also been problem on his Chevrolet but it was an essence I grant you. And then there to reprogram the calculator:

- "Hello Mr Mercos you can take a look at my mill I do not understand it consumes too much". You say.
And you add.
- "Could you make a little adjustment of the calculator?"
- "Of course, my lord, will you still have to pay 1100 Euro my good lord".
- "Okay I'll think about dead ball"
What I mean is that it's not your story. Good luck do not despair there must be a solution. She is surely under your nose. You may have to give up a moment to stand back and think refreshed. Sometimes when I come across a breakdown in my job that's what I do.
As we say "tomorrow y eng day". In any case your achievement is exemplary cleanliness you would think it's original all that! Bravo! and still courage.
0 x
shagya
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by shagya » 06/11/05, 18:13

I find the principle of super airbrush!
I was looking for a water injection pump that I wanted to couple with a spray nozzle ... you probably gave me a simpler solution because I have not so far found the said pump, while there , a simple little compressor, enough, and yes, I do not have a turbo so be an electric compressor is adaptable by belt as the 4x4, but it will be possible on the kangoo, must see.
0 x
binbins4
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by binbins4 » 07/12/05, 21:33

here, if I get the picture you will understand my editing
a venturi, a special preheating chamber with a turn to centifuge the water on a threaded tube int in the reactor a rod of 16 stainless steel wedged with 2 springs in apuis on a ball
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 07/12/05, 22:46

Hi binbins4 if you use "imageshak" as the preconise econology, to include the photos on the forumI'm copying and pasting the URL in the last line.
When you tap on "host it" on the first page the photo is saved and then a page is displayed with several possible URLs. I take the last solution is to view the live image. Otherwise we can copy it for a link to the image ....
0 x