Pantone Argentina assembly on DETROIT DIESEL GRADER

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
rodibruno
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Pantone Argentina assembly on DETROIT DIESEL GRADER

by rodibruno » 27/12/07, 18:21

Hello friends:

They could inform me that, to make a pantone mount on a grader with a two-stroke diesel engine, it marks 240hp "Detroit diesel" (it consumes 140 liters per hour !!) thanks

Rodolfo Bruno
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 28/12/07, 10:45

Hum 140L / h for an engine of only 240cv that seems enormous to me: in my opinion it would rather be a very serious revision of the engine because if in principle a 2-stroke diesel it consumes a little more than a 4-stroke diesel (~ + 15 %), but not at this point:

ex: consumption of a gasoline engine with carburetor (with a very sophisticated engine with injection we manage to go down to 180g / cv / h!)

= 240g / cv / hx 240 (cv) = 57,6kg or 67L / h at maximum continuous power !!! We therefore do not even reach half of your 140L / h with a petrol engine!
petrol density between 0.8 and 0.85kg / liter
diesel density: ~ 0.9kg: liter

Note that the largest diesel engine in the world, a 2-stroke 14cyl diesel of 109hp at 000rpm, has a yield of 106%, unmatched by any thermal engine ... (fitted with the giant Emma maersk container carrier)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/12/07, 11:01

Toutafé ... and with the "old" industrial diesel engine (direct injection "low" pressure) it is necessary to count 20L per hour for 100hp of work.

For a 240 hp diesel at maximum load we would therefore obtain a consumption of 20 * 240/100 = 48 L / h large max ! The difference with the Chatam calculation comes from the higher efficiency of diesel compared to the petrol engine.

I suppose that the 140L / h is either a typing error (140 instead of 40) or a time unit error (per day for example?) ... or monstrous leaks or a serious engine problem !! (and again ... I don't believe it because with such an overconso the engine would have died long before ...)
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 28/12/07, 15:52

Hello

It is true that the Detroit 2-stroke diesel with a blower and rather greedy there are still some on large agricultural dethatching machines of But, they are noisy, greedy and polluting, these engines will not be replaced any more (it still keeps the old , but they no longer have the right on the public highway (camoin)
they are easily recognizable by sound
The military landing craft in 1944 had these engines. For consumption I can inform the grower (if he measures?) Bein that often some worked with fuel oil now fuel costs $ 0,92 per liter and diesel $ 1,10 per liter the difference is rather thin ..

For the high performance of boat engines
large displacement engines have less loss per wall,
cylinder and cylinder head, their slow speed adapts very well to a diesel cycle, which is not comparable to the mixed auto diesel engine. Often it works with heavy fuels the walls are far from the injectors this reduces the (wetting) of the chambers

In diesel, a 6-liter twin-cylinder would have better performance than a 12-liter V6, but more vibrant.

Andre
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 28/12/07, 17:37

140 lit / h, it is a locomotive consumption! I have known tanks that were modestly content with 80 l / 100 km.

It is not possible such a conso: there should be a way to recover fuel oil from the exhaust! : Cheesy:

the boss of the people who work with this machine pays a social security premium?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
rodibruno
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

will i have heard wrong?

by rodibruno » 29/12/07, 04:00

elephant wrote:140 lit / h, it is a locomotive consumption! I have known tanks that were modestly content with 80 l / 100 km.

It is not possible such a conso: there should be a way to recover fuel oil from the exhaust! : Cheesy:

the boss of the people who work with this machine pays a social security premium?

hello friends:
The data so painful I gave them, the same master or boss of the team: 140 liters per hour !!, however I will start again to consult it, I may have interpreted it wrong.
Anyway, he (she) told me that the leak is working very cold, (it has not oxidized which indicates a lack of temperature) This is very negative or bad for our pantone system: ¿a truth?
What do you suggest for this montage?
I will consult again and treat postar photographs of the team with greater information
please

Rodolfo Bruno
0 x