Mercedes 300TD experimentation pantone

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
MichelM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Mercedes 300TD experimentation pantone

by MichelM » 13/09/05, 15:20

Hello
I am currently building a water doping for 300 1992 turbo diesel (6 143 CV cylinders).

First editing and mistakes!

I started with a steel reactor (14 mm rod in 15 tube / 21 mm length 20 cm) in bypass of the exhaust tube and under the car to not completely modify my exhaust manifold and fault of place.
I had considered an injector spray (for gasoline engine) powered by a pump (Bosch for gasoline) modified stainless steel.
The control circuit was based either:
on an astable multivibrator NE555 thus generator of crenels controlled by the throttle control,
either by a piezoelectric sensor detecting the opening times of a diesel injector ...
For the arrival of "pantonized" gases I had made a simple copper tube (12 / 14) coming into the intake facing the turbo with a slight restriction on the rubber sheath.
Difficulty:
difficult to find a gas pump not immersed, removable and not too expensive,
the piezoelectric circuit is not easy to achieve for mechanical reasons and vibration filtering but it seems to detect the opening of an injector by the deformation of the steel pipe.

Errors (fatal!):
the bypass installation and a little far, does not give enough heat despite good insulation with rock wool,
and especially big mistake there is almost no depression to suck something, even narrowing a little more sheath entry turbo ...
And the steel for the tube etc it rust obviously!

So I redesigned my assembly and I'm building a rectangular box directly through the exhaust gas outlet of the turbo and containing 3 15 reactors cm length and 10 cm all 304 stainless steel rod, except inside the normal steel rod. The short throttle output of the turbo is sheathed in stainless steel tube as well. There is a slight restriction of the section for the exhaust to the output of the reactor box.
For suction I have already tried a throttle throttle by a weak enough spring, in the intake upstream of the turbo, there suction is strong from slow motion but it should not too much if the engine s 'choking.
The water supply spray is provided by a mower carburetor that is already modified (with resin) to reduce the diameter.
The heating of the water is provided either by a copper tube winding around the exhaust (as my first assembly) or by the cooling circuit more stable in temperature.
The reheating of the air will be done by the old reactor (downstream) devoid of its rod (thus the tube of 15 / 21).
The construction of the exhaust outlet and the stainless steel box is currently my big job because the place is measured. It is therefore necessary to provide curvatures etc for implantation ...!
And I am not a welder, trainer, boilermaker, mechanic, etc. so I train myself at the same time!
Well, I'm not ready to go up and visit Christophe ...
But I do not despair, and a big thank you to all for your testimony and to André for his wise advice.
See you.
Michel

Andrew wrote:Power supply with water carburetor and mini dry bubbler, if there is accumulation of water it becomes bubbler, but in normal function it is a carburettor with reheating dry bubbler.
The main disadvantage of this system is the many elbows, but the priority was the heat at the exit of the turbo for it to function at low speed.

Mercedes-mounting-doping-al-water-pic233.jpg

mercedes-300-td-pic156.jpg
0 x
MichelM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by MichelM » 13/09/05, 15:24

Sorry for the signs 'instead of'
that's when I copy some of the word text! Ok ...
0 x
MichelM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by MichelM » 14/09/05, 08:16

Latest news, Andre tells me that finally it is not good to (too much) heat the air and water before the reactor. This will simplify the assembly I will try without reheating ...
Michel
0 x
fredo rock
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by fredo rock » 20/09/05, 23:22

of rock fredo
hello michelm
I discover your journey, hat.
pay attention to my remarks, I am neophite in therm of material realization, my experiment is not summarized that documents which I consulted on the net.
your audacity makes me want to help you move forward in your project
I think that the preliminary temperature of the doping water is relatively important and I had the idea to control it with an electric heater and a thermostat time to realize the importance of this temperature.
It should be possible to find commercially inexpensive coils for coffee cup for example or something similar that could be suitable (in 12V)
I also read that the radiator cooling water is more stable than the exhaust pipe heater
good luck
Long live the planet;)
0 x
MichelM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by MichelM » 21/09/05, 09:07

Hello Fredo
I also thought about electric preheating because I have old glow plugs available. but I admit that I lack a little courage for adaptation. I would already like to finish the construction of the exhaust and it is almost finished. Yesterday evening I positioned my assembly and began to weld on the rest of the exhaust line and ouf it goes up, and disassembles! It remains for me to gather the 3 reactor inputs with the carburetor and the 3 outputs with the input of the turbo. This time the distance between the output of the reactors and the intake (turbo) is optimum, approximately 20 cm, in fact the length of the turbo between the intake air inlet and the exhaust outlet. And the exhaust goes straight out of the turbo to get to the reactors. I can not be shorter. I can not wait to try it to see and then try to optimize the water temperature etc.
I have to think about putting pictures of this gas plant ...
Michel
0 x
MichelM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by MichelM » 21/09/05, 23:21

Photograph of the reactor box under construction as an attached file.

0 x
MichelM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by MichelM » 21/09/05, 23:27

Other picture

0 x
MichelM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by MichelM » 22/09/05, 22:36

End of editing. For the entry side carburetor 3 reactors I made 3 in 1 copper tube. It remains for me to release a 3 1 also but in larger and removable tube. For the junction between 3 1 and carburetor there will be a piece of hose that I hope will withstand the heat.
Carbu me a problem the steel tank rust despite a layer of varnish that did not hold and more clogged the nozzle by decomposing, I spent a coat of paint this time or it will treat it .. .. (It was not going to work my first editing!)
0 x
MichelM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by MichelM » 22/09/05, 22:43

Photo before mounting the exhaust line

0 x
MichelM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by MichelM » 22/09/05, 22:47

Photo exhaust line with risers