Install Pantone on a gasoline Renault18 8 horses

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
brahimour
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Install Pantone on a gasoline Renault18 8 horses

by brahimour » 23/01/14, 18:59

Hi everyone, for my first subject in this forum, I ask questions that have broken my head for about 6 months
I have a Renault18 gasoline 8 horses that consumes a lot of gasoline, which hampers my budget because you have to drive every day ...
While browsing the Internet I have seen topics about Kit or retrokit or bubbler Pantone and it says it is effective at saving fuel and also the protection of nature ...
1- is it possible to really install it on my R18 gasoline ??
2- will it reduce my consumption up to 45 or 50% ??
3- is it protecting nature ??
4- If "yes" how can I install it on my R18?
5- Please, can you articulate your solution by adding explanatory photos?
6- how much will it cost me?

Finally thank you for helping me
0 x
Flytox

Re: Install the Pantone on a Renault18 petrol 8 horses

by Flytox » 23/01/14, 23:34

Hello brahimour, welcome

brahimour wrote:Hi everyone, for my first subject in this forum, I ask questions that have broken my head for about 6 months
I have a Renault18 gasoline 8 horses that consumes a lot of gasoline, which hampers my budget because you have to drive every day ...
While browsing the Internet I have seen topics about Kit or retrokit or bubbler Pantone and it says it is effective at saving fuel and also the protection of nature ...
1- is it possible to really install it on my R18 gasoline ??

No individual has yet seen credible documentation of good results with these kits sold "ready to install" on the net. It is always possible to install a kit or a self-built assembly, but you have to devote the necessary time to it, put a little money into it, and have a minimum of knowledge in mechanics, welding etc ...

It's much more difficult / random to get results on a gasoline car engine than a diesel one. For the pollution of old diesel engines, it is a clear improvement compared to the origin but from there to "protect" nature ...: Mrgreen: The engine that pollutes the least is stopped! : Mrgreen:

2- will it reduce my consumption up to 45 or 50% ??

The guy by far the most experienced on this forum and whose results are the most credible / documented is André and he claims "only" about 32% at best.

3- is it protecting nature ??

When it is not developed on a gasoline, it can be worse than original (missfire / unburned). In fact, there are very few credible and documented results commented on gasoline engine at the level of the passage to the pollution bench. On a Diesel, I suppose that there is "always" improvement in combustion (reduction in CO, NOx, particles) even when the assembly is not quite right.

4- If "yes" how can I install it on my R18?

If someone in the room has already mounted a Gillier Pantone on a R18 gasoline, he raises his hand! ..... 99 on 100 ... there is no one who answers ... and it takes that you invite yourself the solutions ....:| : Mrgreen: Of course, we will be happy to advise you if you throw in this construction.

5- Please, can you articulate your solution by adding explanatory photos?

Look at the post of Pitmix on his R5 essence etc ..., it's much better than a long speech.

6- how much will it cost me?

An arm for some kit : Mrgreen: , otherwise it depends on your ability to recycle various scrap, brass and other pipes ...
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 24/01/14, 09:17

The engine of the R18 is indestructible, but is it a good idea ... :?:

To the technical arguments of Flytox (which I share), I add that you will play the grinder to cut the original parts of the exhaust and the welding machine to integrate the system.
With age, these parts are oxidized and are likely to break when disassembled or being modified.
I used to recover the parts to modify in a break, to modify them quietly in the workshop (being careful that it will pass once mounted) and then to try to make the exchange by replacing the original assembly by the modified part.

This avoids long immobilizing a vehicle that is used daily.
Given the difficulty of finding R18 parts in France, I would say "drop the deal". :?
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 24/01/14, 11:50

citro wrote:The engine of the R18 is indestructible, but is it a good idea ... :?:
Given the difficulty of finding R18 parts in France, I would say "drop the deal". :?

+1; Moreover, in the area, we really see very rarely in circulation ... Although this engine may exist on other more recent Renault models more "findable" at the scrapyard.

In essence, a Pantone is not a given, but there are also other "complementary" ways to limit consumption.
First, is the engine in good condition?
Is there an electronic ignition?
Is there room to put a VSU downstream of the carb (if carburetor model)?
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
yannko
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by yannko » 24/01/14, 14:43

Make a good carbu setting, check all the air intakes, change all the filters, inflate your tires well, put the gasoline of quality, and roll in a very anticipative way, use the freewheel, you should see your consumption fall Very strongly.

As our friends have pointed out, you really have a problem with spare parts. I personally saw the reliability and weight of the car, both pretty good compared to modern stuff, I would do optimization on everything else before.
0 x
brahimour
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by brahimour » 24/01/14, 19:00

Hello
I thank you all Yannko, Flytox, Citro, you gave me a lot of info partinentes
I bring to your attention that I am in Morocco where there is any type of Renaults spare parts either R18 or others, as well as the services of welding and cutting are everywhere /
In essence, a Pantone is not a given, but there are also other "complementary" ways to limit consumption.
First, is the engine in good condition?
Is there an electronic ignition?
Is there room to put a VSU downstream of the carb (if carburetor model)?

yes Monsieur Citro the engine is in very good condition!
the last question is not included
Look at the post of Pitmix on his R5 essence etc ..., it's much better than a long speech.

Mr. Flytox thank you for giving me the Pitmix link
0 x
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 24/01/14, 23:18

Hello
I have all the information you want but above all things do not expect miracles. It takes time and perception. On my R5 originally she pumped 10litres to 100km I got 7,5litres to 100km but with water doping, 5 manual gear box and modified carbu.
I had a double body carburetor. What is yours?
0 x
brahimour
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by brahimour » 25/01/14, 00:58

Hi PITMIX and thank you for answering me
my car has a carburetor from Peugeot 205
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 25/01/14, 09:28

Ouch that's not the answer I was waiting for, do you have more details?
What is the conso of the car. What use do you make of it?
To summarize on my R5 I had blocked the throttle of the second body in closed position by removing a small hinge and replaced the jets by smaller ones. It must be ensured that the carburation remains good. Then I had installed the reactor that opened into the air filter through the breather tube. I'm looking for the photos of the time.
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 25/01/14, 10:40

My post of the time on the R5 has almost no image and videos because I had not farmed on econology.

https://www.econologie.com/forums/renault-su ... t1110.html

Here I found a small video where we see the steam coming out of the breather and being sucked by the carburetor.
This oil vapor first passed into the reactor and was enriched with air and water before returning to the intake.
https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... JUXZ7u.wmv

Here is the best picture I have of the exhaust with the reactor tube.
I had brazed it with a blowtorch and a silver wand.
The best is the arc welding.
0 x