System G on a helicopter

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
Christophe

System G on a helicopter

by Christophe » 17/09/06, 20:06

And yes there are some who dared ... to the chagrin of the homologation !! Congratulations to them !!

Description

Hughes 300 c helicopter
Cruising speed 125 Km / h
Range 600 Km
Autonomy 4h 30
930 kg weight
Thanks to the G Pantone system, our current autonomy is 6h

http://perso.orange.fr/quanthommesuite/helico1.htm
Last edited by Christophe the 16 / 02 / 07, 09: 38, 2 edited once.
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 17/09/06, 20:44

that's good, it will give the systeme credibility, especially reliability : Lol:
0 x
White would not exist without the dark, but anyway!

http://maison-en-paille.blogspot.fr/
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/09/06, 20:45

denis wrote:that's good, it will give the systeme credibility, especially reliability : Lol:

Uh if it doesn't crash yes ... otherwise ... gloups ...

But above all close the flap of those who argue that it increases the mass of vehicles style the fascist journalists of the "decreesession "(mental)
Last edited by Christophe the 18 / 09 / 06, 11: 50, 1 edited once.
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 17/09/06, 21:04

anyway, if it breaks down it can land in "free propeller" :D and the tank is not so heavy
0 x
White would not exist without the dark, but anyway!

http://maison-en-paille.blogspot.fr/
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 17/09/06, 23:04

indeed, dare, when you know that it takes an approved installer to install a GPS on a passenger plane!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 17/09/06, 23:28

Hello

The engine is a Lycoming o-360 therefore quite large piston of
5 "it normally develops 180 hp in standard version
but on helicopters it runs faster and most of it has gasoline injection, it develops according to models from 200 to 220hp.

What surprises me is the water consumption 135cl per hour, this engine consumes 45 liters of 100ll per hour!

They are better to remain anonymous, it will be difficult to disguise themselves from the transport department with a certified plane
it's already difficult with an amateur builder ..
I would like to know where they entered the pants without causing loss of power on takeoff.
Bravo for their mounting.

Andre
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/09/06, 10:06

I did not know that it was a petrol engine (I did not seek more than that ...).

André, in your opinion, how does he regulate the power (or rather the "gain" provided by the pantone?)? Is there a variable richness like on light planes?

Andrew wrote:They are better to remain anonymous, it will be difficult to disguise themselves from the transport department with a certified plane
it's already difficult with an amateur builder ..

The problem is that given the photo and the model of the helicopter, any expert will have no trouble locating precisely the "base" ... unless the photo was taken during a "journey" in order to cover their tracks ...
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 18/09/06, 10:49

Yeah, it looks like the blocking landing area looks more like a garden than an airfield runway.
In any case, congratulations to the designer.
And how do you know if the G system is really connected to the engine?
How do you know if it really brings something?
On my R5 I put a lot of impressive stuff. Security was never questioned. However it is a 1400CC and it has already eaten more than a liter per hour of the fleet. It must be made him drink the cup so that it shit.
So if this big mill really only eats 135CL of water an hour there is no risk.
In my opinion the 135cl per hour correspond to a natural evaporation of water without it being sucked in by the engine.
I got almost the same water consumption on my Golf D with a bubbler which spits steam at 70-80 ° C direct to the intake without venturi. The transparent tube between the bubbler and the inlet was lined with condensation inside. Steam circulated naturally.
What is strange is that those who seem to get the best results on Quanthomme only inject very little water.
Yet here on the forum people get results with 10 times more water. Find the mistake.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/09/06, 10:57

PITMIX wrote:What is strange is that those who seem to get the best results on Quanthomme only inject very little water.
Yet here on the forum people get results with 10 times more water. Find the mistake.

135cl = 1,35L per h I do not know anyone who consumes 10 times more or 13,5L / h ... I think you confuse CL and ML the ...

In addition, I do not see how you can conclude from this since we do not consume the helicopter at all ... except that given by André ... It's simple you have to find the tank capacity of the 'helicopter ... we will already have a more precise idea ...
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 18/09/06, 11:17

Christophe wrote:But above all close the flap of those who argue that it increases the mass of vehicles style the disgracess

No matter how small you write, Christophe, I saw!
Attention, if you continue like this to criticize the decreasing ones (of which I am), I will make my paldeolien and sulk very strong : Lol:

To be more serious, do not confuse the fans of degrowth who are represented by the newspaper "degrowth" (that you know well : Evil:) and the many people who try through dialogue and concertation to explain this idea (which, by the way, whether you like it or not, shows through in watermark in many subjects on these forums).

It would really make me happy that you try to avoid this amalgamation. : Cry:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding