Disappointment "spad"

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
small
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Disappointment "spad"

by small » 29/01/06, 19:41

Hi everybody,
I finally tried my spad system on the jeep and big disappointment, it seems less effective than the pantone and the separate bubbler?
the suction ventury works perfectly, the water heats well but can be too well.
I have the impression that my volume of water is too small compared to the exhaust surface which heats it.
I wonder if I am not sucking in water vapor?
I have to install probes to take the temperature at different points.
I would like to know if anyone has ever had this problem? : Cry:
0 x
small
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 29/01/06, 20:39

Hello,
I never tried a spad, my impression was first seen
He has qualities and faults
It is good for a diesel engine provided that the exhaust enters from the top of the bubbler.
For a gasoline engine with a small amount of water it may become too hot (lack of natural regulation heat loss) the steam at 100c does not work with the reactor.

The big advantage it is compact and there is no suction duct

Its biggest defect is that it takes heat from the reactor to heat the bubbler, especially if the exhaust inlet is from the bottom.
All the high temperature must be dedicated to the nose of the reactor, only at the exit of the reactor one must take what remains of heat to heat the water of the bubbler.
It has large dimensions for an automobile.

As it is the only manufacturer of pants I do not want to harm those who build it, but I hope that they will improve it, these few details, simple to do that could correct these small problems. When the length of the rod I am not convinced that 100mm for a car with low heat generation is a wise choice, I just had the experience with large rods, I must test on a longer period ... I tested 150mm, 100mm on the Mercedes and on the Chevrolet 200mm, between 200 and 150mm no remarkable difference, but at 100mm, at low speed low heat it becomes unfavorable. from now on I will stick to more than 150mm and less than 200mm as I had checked in my past experiences, I let myself be influenced by SPAD.

Andre
Last edited by Other the 29 / 01 / 06, 21: 08, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/01/06, 20:54

Can we know how much you paid for it or is it intrusive?
0 x
small
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by small » 30/01/06, 08:24

I put spad in quotes because I did not respect the dimensions and characteristics of the spad at all.
in fact it is rather a standard pantone reactor with the bubbler on turn.
but as André points out, I have the impression that all the heat is dissipated in the bubbler and the reactor does not have enough temperature to operate.
I inserted a silicone hose at the outlet of the reactor and there surprise I see drops of water which are sucked in by the engine.
so in my opinion the water is too hot, I suck in steam then it condenses in the pipe at the outlet of the reactor which is not hot enough.
basically my editing doesn't work : Cry:
but hey it is an additional experience I will resume my tests, may be to reassemble my old bubbler and use the "spad" to preheat it. :?:
0 x
small
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

disappointment "spad"

by denis » 15/02/06, 23:29

Hi, I think your water is too hot, this is happening on my 2cv6, the engine overheated then stalled with difficulty to restart. André advised me to heat the water less: that was the solution! (thank you andré) .the spad system is difficult to adjust at t ° level, I saw it for my Ford tractor, but + simple design, I think, the bubbler heated by coolant remains the best solution.
0 x
small
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by small » 17/02/06, 17:30

I really want to put my old bulker upstream of the "spad"
it is a vacuum bubbler without heating; then I pass the air through the overheated "spad" box and there I shouldn't have any more steam problems : Idea: I'm on vacation this week I think I can try it out : Lol:
0 x
small
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 01/04/06, 22:23

Econology wrote:Can we know how much you paid for it or is it intrusive?

Today for a stainless steel spad, mounted by a professional, you can count around 800 to 1000 €
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
Asgard bone tyr
My R21 Pantone on TF1 :)
My R21 Pantone on TF1 :)

by Asgard bone tyr » 13/04/06, 13:28

Tell me LAU ...
you say ridden by a professional !!! But a professional of what ???
I would really like to see their CV to those !!! (in terms of production and especially validation !!!) It's easy to say PRO !!! Must still prove it and above all be it !!!
STILL THAT: be professional and stick to the installation of stuff not even validated !!! :frown: :x
There are some it seems to me on this forum!!! if he could go a little further and prove to me that i am wrong !!! it will make me happy !!!
Besides, I'm still waiting for one on the power bench !!! : Lol:

Gentlemen ... the floor is yours !!! :D
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/04/06, 13:41

Don't worry asgard os tyr (or rather Kevin), I believe that the last article in Agricultural Machinery (see post press review) has well cooled the sellers of kits ...
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 13/04/06, 14:28

Hi Kevin!

I will try to respond by staying cool.
You are right that there is no pro strictly speaking and in addition on an unvalidated system.
For me a pro is a guy who does not charge until there is a fuel saving result; in other words satisfied or reimbursed. And finally a pro is someone who obtains very good results on neat installations.
A few steps from my house, a Fendt 260 has exceeded 50% savings. The organic winegrower is a laid-back guy who systematically marks all of his consumption on a notebook. I personally admit that I myself find it hard to believe when it announces that it has gone below 2L./hr of diesel consumption (we sit there at 60%) but the Spad has nothing to do with its design of origin.
As I said to bolt in a previous post, I will ask them if they can (the installer and the farmer) pass the tractor to the bench. How? 'Or' What? or? At what price?
But a question burns on my lips: As a welder, don't you make installations by means of an "arrangement"? There is nothing wrong but I see that you too must live, like everyone else.
By the way, we are still waiting for at least one of your prototypes in the experimentation section to help us a bit in our research. We are struggling and it is always the same people who provide information; we are sorely lacking in feedback.
For example, have you tried or do you know someone who has tried a 100% nickel rod? I am asked 247 € for 20cm not even rectified and not even knowing if it will make a better.
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!

Back to "Water injection in the engines: the assembly and experimentation"