Volkswagen combi with pantone engine

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
the joint
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Volkswagen combi with pantone engine

by the joint » 14/05/07, 22:33

After the tiller, here is the start of work on the combi.
Reminder of the basic diagram

The engine is therefore a 4 cylinder flat air cooled and with a displacement of 1600 cc. It has approximately 170 km and consumes 000 L per 13 km in mixed use.

Regarding the reactor it is 40 mm in diameter for a length of 280 mm. The inner tube is 12 mm in diameter and the solid rod running through it is 10 mm in diameter.

Thanks to an exhaust manifold 4 in 1 all of my exhaust gases pass directly into the reactor which is enclosed in a muffler recovered for scrap.

Voili voilou for today tell me what you think
Last edited by the joint the 21 / 03 / 08, 13: 20, 2 edited once.
0 x
the joint
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by the joint » 16/05/07, 13:48

Unfortunately I go to work 350 km from my home, so the pantonization of the combi will take a little delay but the hardest part is done. So don't worry, I will bring the project to a close.

Do not hesitate anyway to send me a comment or advice on my diagram or my reactor I will still be present on the forum anyway see you soon

The join
0 x
Adrien
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Adrien » 10/06/07, 01:06

Hello!

Delighted to see that you have advanced!

I'm afraid that it clamps your editor, the exhaust outlet seems too small to me.

it also scares me that all the exhaust gases go into your bubbler.

I'm afraid your bubbler is too pressurized, maybe you should add a second exhaust outlet directly to the air to be able to manage this depression.

The temperature in the reactor must be around 600 to 800 °, the solder will hold up? (I don't know the temperature where it melts)

Good luck for the future! The best way to know if it works is to make it work : Wink:

See you soon,
Adrien
0 x
"A man who knows how to make himself happy with a simple illusion is infinitely smarter than one who is in despair with reality." Alphonse Allais
the joint
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by the joint » 10/06/07, 13:51

Hi Adrien, I have made a lot of progress, but unfortunately I am in slow motion for the moment. As far as the exhaust outlet is concerned, it may indeed be a bit restrictive. But if I compare to an original exhaust, there are significantly fewer baffles, the gases pass almost freely through the reactor. I think it will compensate for the reduction in output. As for the no risk soldering, the melting temperature greatly exceeds 1000 degrees.
For the pressure in the bubbler I have already provided a hose with a non suppressing valve sinnon it is clear that my bubbler would be mouth! : Cheesy: Thank you for the encouragement I try to get back to it as soon as possible
0 x
the joint
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by the joint » 21/03/08, 13:23

hi everyone, hey no i'm not dead but still no time to move on! However I do not forget you and follow your work closely soon soon as I can get back to it
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/03/08, 14:06

In this case, favor the solution of steam generator :)
0 x
the joint
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by the joint » 22/03/08, 19:05

Hi Christophe, I just read your link on the GV, I see that since my last visits it has clearly evolved, the article is super clear and well detailed.
However my exhaust is already close with the reactor placed in the muffler, so in exhaust termination. In my case impossible to place the GV after the reactor.
I will continue to reflect because in view of the results the GV is really more efficient.
Being on the road permanently and often far from the workshop it is not easy but I will give news. Thank you for your advice.

PS: Is it a real obligation to place the SG after the reactor?
0 x
the joint
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by the joint » 23/03/08, 22:07

Hi it's still me, I have internet at the moment so I take this opportunity to learn about the GV!

I encounter some problems related to the design of the exhaust manifold on my combi (see diagram above).
Indeed the exhaust gases only meet very far from the engine exhaust lights and once gathered these gases flow directly into the muffler or is already my reactor

1st problem : I am obliged to place the GV in one of the tubes and the cost I benefit from the heat of only one cylinder. Is it enough?

2nd problem: I have the possibility of placing the GV at approximately 10 cm of the reactor (in the tube of the cylinder number 1 parallel to the silencer) to avoid the problems of condensation during the course of the vapor but I am then far from the light of exhaust and therefore heat.
Choose which solution? Close to heat or close to the reactor?
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 23/03/08, 22:28

Hello join
the join wrote: 1st problem : I am obliged to place the GV in one of the tubes and the cost I benefit from the heat of only one cylinder. Is it enough?

If the assembly is not symmetrical, there is every chance that the engine turns like a potato ..... not good at all.
There should probably be enough heat left after the reactor to
make your GV work. I don't really see how this looks, but if there is room it will be very good in series, behind the reactor as we did André, Camel1, the Angular Stone etc ...
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
the joint
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by the joint » 24/03/08, 10:06

Hi Flytox, thanks for the advice, but I don't really understand what you mean by symmetrical mounting?

The GV symmetrical to the Reactor? with respect to which axis?

Otherwise with regard to the placement of the SG behind the reactor, it is still possible but as the reactor takes the entire length of the silencer, the SG will be in full wind (imagine placing a SG at the end of a normal exhaust, 2 km from the engine and in full wind)

In this case I really doubt the quality of the steam production (little heat due to the location of the steam generator and max co-compensation due to the position in the low wind)
0 x