Peugeot diesel 205d, with steam generator!

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
camel1
Pantone engine Researcher

Peugeot diesel 205d, with steam generator!

by camel1 » 02/03/06, 16:59

Hi everybody !

I have not much news lately, but that's because I was VERY busy ...

The 205 da well advanced project, the results are visible here:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/systemeGplus

Are reading, that's why I'm doing a small site ... : Cheesy:

A + + +

Michel

Edit by Christophe:

Two tutorial pages made by Michel are here for experimenters:
https://www.econologie.com/generateur-de ... -3734.html
https://www.econologie.com/generateur-de ... -3735.html
0 x
We were on the brink, but we made a big step forward ...
bob_isat

by bob_isat » 02/03/06, 18:05

michel super interesting!

qques questions after reading these pages:

-does it 100% of your intake air flowing through the reactor?

-For T ° output racetur, 26 ° is super low ... there is a strong chance that almost all of your water vapor condenses at that temperature ... do you have a devised to conso your water?

-How Do you do to rewind a solenoid machine washing to operate in 12 V?
it interests many oily that I am, when you see the price of a new 12V solenoid (in 50 120 euros ....)
0 x
laurent.delaon
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by laurent.delaon » 02/03/06, 19:02

Hello,
Would you give it a try by shunting the reactor?
(Live steam into the air intake)

You can simplify by making the following system (I have used it myself):
use the tank at constant level of a carburetor. It's simple effective no elecrticite not confused. A can of carburetor bowl a quick connector Legris of Rilsan diam 6mmext: finished.
and as a bonus we just mount a micro reducer ... (I have for sale sold by c c 10 very precise but it cost the candy box Pitmix was my first client; o) it will tell you how to use it without break; o)))))

Is it corrosion resistant to the fuel tank? I do not know yet.

In advance thank you for the test.

Pitmix draw!

Laurent
0 x
Misterloxo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Misterloxo » 02/03/06, 20:18

The work is impressive!

Bravo!
0 x
Learning disobedience is a long process. It takes a lifetime to reach perfection. "Maurice Rajsfus
To think is to say no. "Alain, philosopher
sam17
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sam17 » 02/03/06, 21:19

good work !

It leaves me a little ashamed of my work bricollo ...

Interesting the steam generator system.
0 x
--
Patience is a tree whose root is bitter, and whose fruits are very sweet.
camel1

solenoid transformation washing machine ...

by camel1 » 02/03/06, 22:08

Hello !
To answer your questions:

-does it 100% of your intake air flowing through the reactor?

No, it is a tapping, as you can see from the Crobard, only part of the air is sucked into the reactor, I'll aileurs to a restriction in the original tube, to force just over the suction in the reactor ...

-For T ° output racetur, 26 ° is super low ... there is a strong chance that almost all of your water vapor condenses at that temperature ... do you have a devised to conso your water?

I believe that this temperature is precisely related to the restriction (no suction suffisement through the reactor ...

-How Do you do to rewind a solenoid machine washing to operate in 12 V?
it interests many oily that I am, when you see the price of a new 12V solenoid (in 50 120 euros ....)

Well, it's simple, you unmount the coil of the solenoid washing machine, which is molded in plastic.
You measure its resistance with an ohm meter (mine was 3,42 Kohm) for a given power 5W.
Then you calculate the new Duty winding based 12V / 5W or R = U² / P, or in my case, 28,8 ohm.

Once you have this data, you must discard the old winding, and first, remove the plastic molding.
To do this, you need a small soldering iron, with which you open by melting the edges of the cylinder 2 of the reel, then an incision from one side to the other, until the copper, and you can at last free casting, which will inevitably with copper ...
In fact, it is possible to do the same with a hacksaw, the idea being to remove the mold, what!
Once the visible copper (it's very fine yarn, in my case, the 4 / 100mm), it is best to slash it with a good cutter, and remove plastic to the core.
Once this operation, you still something that looks a bit like a plastic sewing spool.
Makes the flanges of this neat mandrel (deburring), and then you place inside a large screw diameter suitable, you green on the other side by a nut.
The end of the screw pressed tightly in the chuck of a drill drive, positioned low speed, which will become made a makeshift winder.
It remains only to fix the end of the new thread on one edge of the mandrel, and then wind the thread by making the move from left to right almost regularly, until completely filled.
The formula for the resistivity = RS / rho gives you the length of thread to be wound according to the desired Duty and the tone wire section.
In my case, I had a 0,26mm bobinau wire of diameter, it gave about 90 28,8 m to reach ohms.
In fact, as I wound like a wild boar, the mandrel was full before reaching the 90m, but hey, this is not critical ...
I reaches a Duty of 22 ohms, we are in the right order of magnitude, so it's going!
After winding realized, it only remains to heat the ends of copper lighter for removing insulation, scrape the cutter blade, then solder the connection lugs, tin and iron welding.
Then again a mold with what you have on hand (Araldite, melted PET plastic bottle in an old saucepan, over low heat, in order to protect the copper fragile against impact and water.

Then mount the reel on the EV, and it's done.
A two-hour DIY (more or less depending on the equipment available to you)
Patience and cunning, what!

And above all, does satisfy the sealing of the valve EV (by blowing into the inlet connection).
If it leaks, you must remove the valve, usually a few screws to fall, the metal cover is easily removed, and you have access to the inside of the beast made of a molded plastic body and a rubber valve. There may be some dirt and / or limestone that is in there, so careful cleaning and sealing return ...
Then reassemble everything in the correct order, and you got a EV 12V to zero €: cheesy:

That voilou ... :D
0 x
camel1

by camel1 » 02/03/06, 22:28

Laurent Hi!

Would you give it a try by shunting the reactor?
(Live steam into the air intake)

I thought, but it is not on the agenda for now : Wink:

You can simplify by making the following system (I have used it myself):
use the tank at constant level of a carburetor. It's simple effective no elecrticite not confused. A can of carburetor bowl a quick connector Legris of Rilsan diam 6mmext: finished.

Pourqoi not, I am indeed moderately satisfied with the GV water supply system, especially as I seek the simplest solutions.
Anyway, thank you for your remarks, because it will nourish my current thoughts on the subject ... : Wink:

and as a bonus we just mount a micro reducer ... (I have for sale sold by c c 10 very precise but it cost the candy box Pitmix was my first client; o) it will tell you how to use it without break; o)))))

I do not think I need, given the power of the GV principle (by communicating vase) which automatically provides water on demand ...

Is it corrosion resistant to the fuel tank? I do not know yet.

Well that's a good question, but I think I can inspire me the principle, and realize plastic, for example, since there is no constraint in terms of heat at that point. .. '8)'

In advance thank you for the test.

Nothing, all the fun is for me! :D

A + + +
Michel
0 x
Murphy59
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Murphy59 » 03/03/06, 12:17

: Shock:
Hats

it is a sacred work, really have to be well equipped to carry out the project.

are more the result has attedre and adapted your plane in the line échapement :P

Murphy
Last edited by Murphy59 the 03 / 03 / 06, 12: 47, 1 edited once.
0 x
rezut
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rezut » 03/03/06, 12:43

hi camel1 and Didier

sacred good job

I also have a project in 205 but the tube is replaced by the cata pot but I will still look closely just to see if I can replace the jar through a tube (left to do it again) but cram all this without dismantling the hat engine
a point against in the stems after a moment the stop (of welding I suppose will wear and risk of significant noise) I suffered on my bx because after one year of service (15000km ) over ball and a racket of hell idling is why my new tube on the rod I neckline each side and I weld on a piece

hat and otherwise very nice job

I await the results of conso forward because it is the first installation with 4 rods come true and we can be helpful whether or not to increase stems
personally I have in mind to provide a system copied Chambrin but lack of time I have yet to start anything (aside sketches)

see you soon
0 x
Other

by Other » 03/03/06, 16:29

Hello Camel

It is among the most beautiful building we saw.
Often manufacturers (like myself) do not étand on performance made mounts or can be easily modified
especially as regards the entry bubbler, carburetor or injection

A first preoccupation I have is the ratio steam and air that you injected into the reactor, you can send as steam or air or a mixture of both in a certain proportion, c is the top that I hang with a carburetor
If you solves this problem results will be at the appointment.
What I have found it is preferable to send a Budget surplus of air rather than steam éxecédent, after thou ajusteras
the advantage is that you are on a diesel steam consomation is wider than a gasoline engine. A l, gasoline a small surplus translates spark gaps, a large surplus in diesel results in no gain consomation.
Now as you is one of the few who has mounted a multi-engine turbojet we're going to have the correct time is based on a single engine ..
I'm tired of hearing about 7 reactors walking with a cup of diesel.

You enter the most that difficult and longest phase, testing
and doubts when you go faires changes for improvement (the manufacturers we are never satisfied) there you must analyze things before changing
and does not like me to change many things at once,
For testing, I short counseling you try up that feels
quieter operation and more acceleration, only after you made the rounds of 100km full lots, watch this makes the foam in the resevoir is a long fill. on 200km
erreure and the wide margin on 800km it gets better.

For solenoids there a simpler way without changing the coil.
Normally a coil for the AC 110volts 60hz operates 9 volts (but not always) an AC coil has much less over a DC coil, due to the impedance.

Home is 220 50hz, I'm preparing a post with the method
simple measurement and calculation to run in 12 volts dc
this is something I have often in my work.

Andre
0 x